Alto Senior Living of Alpharetta - Alpharetta, GA

Terrible Place

If you are looking for a well run facility that cares about its residents, KEEP LOOKING. Alto does not have the staff to provide care to its residents, activities are limited, they cannot provide transportation, and most recently, they serve food on PAPER plates. Just what you want to pay for. If you fall in your room and you happen to lock the door, the FIRE DEPARTMENT has to come to break into the room because the staff does not have keys. Cool! Oh yeah, the locked front door does not always open, so if there is a fire, you cannot get out. They want big bucks, but also high profits. Good Luck with your search, but search elsewhere.

Lock-down atmosphere

This was not a very welcoming community, in fact, the atmosphere was one of a lock down Unit. It was very drab and dark and I would not want my husband to be here.

Jeffrey Ory

We take reviews quite seriously, especially when it connects with one of our core missions - a hospitable and welcoming community for our residents and their families. It is disheartening to know that someone walked away from our beautiful community thinking something opposite of what our residents and families often state - Charter Senior Living of Alpharetta is comfortable, warm and home-like.
We would love the opportunity to discuss this further if you would like to reach out directly to us at the community. We also would welcome you to come back and have lunch with us and get to know our staff and residents a little bit more. While you might think the physical appearance is not to your liking, we know that our residents and Alpharetta team can brighten your opinions when you see firsthand how they enjoy their time at Charter Alpharetta.

Great place!

This was our second choice. This is a beautiful community, very clean and well kept. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. The only reason we did choose this community was that the other was closer to our family members.

Kind and welcoming!

I had a good experience touring Charter Senior Living. It was a nice facility and everyone there was kind and welcoming. They were unfortunately not able to take my mother because of her level of care.

Beautiful facility!

From what I saw, this was a nice facility! I loved the staff, as they were very welcoming! The rooms were absolutely beautiful! The food was also great,! The chef was very nice when he came to speak to us! In the end, the location is the only reason why we didn't choose this location, but it was still fantastic!

Happy place!!

My dad has been at this community for a short period of time and so far we are happy with the care he has been receiving. The staff have all been friendly and very welcoming to him in his new living environment. They have a lot of great amenities as well as a wonderful dinning experience. I have no complaints and would recommend this facility to anyone interested

Nice place and great location. [Removed] was very nice and I enjoyed my time there.

Loving Environment

My mother is doing well here at this community. They have a phenomenal staff. They are taking very good care of her, and her needs. I'am comfortable with the care she is receiving, she is in good hands. This community has a good, homey atmosphere. They do a great job with the cleanliness of the facility. It is a great, loving environment. I couldn't ask for a better community for my mother. I have already recommended this community to my friends, it is a great place.

Wonderful welcoming energy. They had sample of the meals, the chef and the Health/Nutritionist were cheerful and informative. LOVE that there is a spa Bath...My mom doesn't believe in Showers. Great Energy!

Not Very Impressed

I wasn't very impressed with my tour of this community. My tour was okay. The cleanliness of the community is decent. The staff was nice. There are some improvements they need to make before I would consider moving my mother here. I did find a community that suited our needs better.

First Class

nice facility & friendly, helpful staff; lovely atmosphere & living areas/rooms; Executive Director & Director of Nursing/Care Services excellent. Very involved with residents & care/needs, good communication with families, caring, welcoming, flexible and inclusive attitude.
Feels like an extended, new family for residents and their loved ones/families.
Nursing staff team also excellent and highly visible & involved with residents and families. CNA's friendly, helpful and hard-working.
Plus, nurses on-duty 24/7 which is great, very helpful and provides a sense of security regarding resident care.
Food very good with lots of variety/choices; executive chef trained in several New Orleans restaurants.
An excellent choice and living arrangement for you loved ones.

Bickford/Charter

Still relatively new to facility but so far so good

phenomenally friendly

I think the entire staff is so phenomenally friendly at Bickford of Alpharetta. The only thing that I would say they need to improve just a hair on is their communication. Other than that everything has gone well at this facility.

memory care

Bickford has the best staff in the memory care unit. They truly care about the people and are always supportive to those coming in to visit. I can't say enough about the people. They helped us thru some difficult times and were always calm and patient with mom.

I would recommend that you go in and meet with the care team to assess if they will meet the needs for your loved one. Memory is a hard issue and you want to find the right group for you. We wanted a place that would truly check on our mom regularly so she felt safe and that people stopped to visit. An outside area was also important. They try to keep up with activities for everyone, but there are so many different levels of care in there that sometimes it is hard to meet everyone specific activity needs. They do try to get everyone together daily for things.

So far it's working out pretty well.

There were a few reasons I chose Bickford. I really liked the small intimate nature of the facility. I also liked that they had twenty four hour a day, seven day a week nursing care. I felt like the staff were more personable than others I had looked at. So far it's working out pretty well.

mary bickford would not have liked to live here.

My Dad lived here for many years and the last year was horrible with all the renovations and changes in staff. The new management may be kind but that doesn't run a facility. They were disorganized and the prices kept increasing without the care increasing. Unfortunately what used to be a wonderful place has turned into a place that lacks attention to our loved ones.

Bickford of Alpharetta: Caring, Awesome, and Pet-Friendly

Everyone at Bickford of Alpharetta has been wonderful with my mom and her little dog, who is extremely important to her well being. We moved our mother from Benton House of Alpharetta after just under 6 weeks because of their intolerance with her dog. They offer so many additional services here at no extra charge (such as taking Rocky out 2 or 3 times a day), which just wasn't the case anywhere else I had looked. Their newly renovated residence is beautiful and inviting and the nurses and attendants are patient, thoughtful and kind. Really, everyone is - from the director, La Donna, to assistant director, Ashley, to one of the excellent nurses, Caitlin and wonderful cooks, Laurie, we couldn't be happier and are so thankful we found it through Dawn from A Place for Mom.

I wouldn't send anybody there if it was free!

We were exceedingly disappointed. We were not happy with her entire universe when she was there was being parked in front of the tv or herded in and out of the dining room activities were unimaginative and sparse. and there were instances of something grievious happening in the room and no one knew for six or more hours. We were not pleased with the food. The dining room used the same place mats at every meal and they are not washable placements. There were injuries that were not reported to us. They were giving incorrect doses of medication. Above all else never once did I see the director on the third floor the Alzheimers unit. They were in the middle of remodling the first floor Alzheimers unit. They had a few good caregivers, two or three on the night shift. I wouldn't send anybody there if it was free!

It's very clean. I liked the staff very much!

They are not as expensive as other places and not the cheapest either. They are short staffed, especially on the weekends. During the week they were excellent and very attentive, and gave her very good care. The food was ok I would give it a three. I really had to stay on top of things to make sure that she was getting everything she needed. They seemed to have some difficulty coordinating with hospice. I felt like they were a little overly optimistic with needing hospice and I had to set up the hospice care. Hospice was supposed to provide medication and certain supplies, and the aides didn't seem to be well informed about those things and there is always someone different working with her.

Bickford of Alpharetta GA

This is a caring, wonderful memory care community. Bickford allowed us to visit, unannounced whenever we chose. Our loved one felt very comfortable there and has told us many times that everyone was so very kind and caring. She told us many times the the food was delicious. She still can't stop talking about the wonderful red nail polish they applied.

Toured the facility. I was moderately...

Toured the facility. I was moderately please with the facility. More pleased with the younger age of the residents than the actual facility. Found the Memory Care facility smelly.

Personal Trainer who specializes in G...

Personal Trainer who specializes in Geriatric excercise. Physical Therapist once a week. 3 story, assisted living 2nd and 3rd floor. 50 Residents. Licensed for 84, that includes couples. 3 meals 2 snacks happy hour at 4:00 every day except Sunday Out to dinner once a week - billed monthly Wednesday is Walmart day studio and one bedroom fridge/microwave staffed 24x7 nurse 2 shifts weekly housekeeping transportation to doctor on tuesdays. n/c within 12 mile radius 2 doctors that visit the facility geriatric psychiatric - once a month Podiatrist visits site Dentist visits site Onsite beauty salon Laundry/linens cleaning included. Housekeeping included. Studio 90 per day. 1 bedroom 112 a day. Med Management/Bathing assistance would be additional cost. Very clean, quiet environment. Studio apartment is very nice, some have hardwood floors. Move in cost: Waive $2500 move in fee. 2 months rent free (2nd and 13th month). Revisit schedule 3/6 at 2:30pm

Very nice facility and very clean.

Very nice facility and very clean.

We began our quest into senior living because of our love for our beloved mother, Mary Bickford, whose needs became too great for us to manage. As we researched senior living options, we were shocked at our findings. The options offered too much or too little – none met her needs and nothing felt like home. Since we couldn’t find what we wanted, we decided to create what we needed. Our main desire was to create a place that helped her achieve an equivalent peace and happiness that she had earlier in her life.

We understand that selecting a senior living community for your loved one is one of the toughest decisions that you will ever face. We will work with you to ensure that the transition is as easy and comfortable as possible. Whether your loved one is at home, in the hospital or even in another state, we can work with your hospital, insurance company, and doctor to make your difficult decision easier on you and your family. Aging can be difficult – but we’ve also seen the beauty in aging. Our mother’s happiness inspired us. We created Bickford for her and now we’re devoted to serving yours. We look forward to meeting you soon.

Personalized Care