Atria Merrimack Place - Newburyport, MA

Eighteen years in business and physically looks very good. There are plans to add more apartments and speciality common areas, e.g. a movie theatre in the next several years. Its stated strengths are its food (dining open from 7am to 7pm with a menu of 30 items), quality of nursing care (10 minute response time to resident calls, an exceptional executive nurse), and program quality. Property not large but well groomed with a circular paved footpath.

Lovely spot, caring staff and wonderful facility. This is on the high end, very luxurious feel, in a good way. Not the right geographical fit for us, though.

Positive Atmosphere

This is a great community and there is such a positive atmosphere here. the staff is friendly and caring. My mom likes taking part in the activities and special events and she has a very nice apt. Mom enjoys joining the other residents in the dining room and the menu choices are very good as well. I am happy with the care my mother is getting here.

Clean Property!!

My dad has recently moved into this community and I am very pleased with how things are going for her so far. The staff have been very helpful and I am comfortable with the quality of care that he is receiving. He has had no complaints about the meals and enjoys participating in the activities with the other residents from time to time. Overall things are great and I would recommend it to anyone.

Met all of my expectation

Mom is doing very well at this community. She likes that that the staff calls her by name. The staff are friendly and helpful. She likes the food and they do pay attention to the portion sizes. They offer daily activities. The community is well taken care of and they have decorations for the seasons around the community. I have nothing bad to say about this community. I would recommend this community.

A lovely place!

The Atria was a beautiful community as I really liked it, but in the end, it all came down to my personal preference. This community was a bit more expensive than what I was looking for with my price range.

We loved this location. Not too far from where we live. Great social programs for residents but very expensive even for the studio. It is about twice the amount of my mother-in-law's income. So, she would run out of money quickly and there are no options for low income. Other than that, this is a beautiful place and well maintained

Very nice looking place

Understanding and Helpful

Just overall, the director we worked with was very hands on; getting my loved one situated and payed for and moved in and everything. He just made the process seem seamless and he was very understanding and helpful.

Both my parents were here for one year. From the very first call I ever made to this place there was a problem. First of all they changed their telephone #, website, etc.
I could never reach my parents by phone, or in person. I showed up numerous times to visit with my mom and they had NO IDEA where she was and further went on to explain "we're an assisted living community we do not keep track of our clients whereabouts" I responded sarcastically "So if my mom who has alzheimers were to walk out these front doors onto that very busy route of traffic she could"? "Yes" was their reply. When my father was dying they were the most insensitve people I have ever dealt with in my life. THey placed my call on hold for over 30 minutes while I was in dire need to talk with someone there about my father dying. Then when I hung up and tried to call in again the message kept saying they were unavailable. This place is BEAUTIFULLY built, maintained, landscaped, the staff seem very kind and helpful. They have so much to offer an independent senior...trips on the van, movies, crafts, music, arts, everything about this place appears to be amazing...... from the food, to the staff, to the interior decor, but my experience is/was that if you are looking for people who actually care at the core and will treat YOU THE FAMILY with respect, concern, compassion, best to look somewhere else. I was told they don't get involved with the "family". My dad passed away tonight and they had me on hold. Think before you sign.

Seemed nice

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This seemed like a nice place overall. The facility was clean and well kept, and it looked like all of the residents were comfortable and well cared for.

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved ones. I thought this was a very nice place overall. The staff were friendly and professional, and the facility itself was nice looking and clean. Atria was definitely somewhere we were considering for our loved one, but we went with somewhere a located a bit closer to relatives.

very loving

They are just so accommodating and friendly. They are always checking up on my mom which is very important. They had an unbelievably awesome holiday party there recently which was truly beyond belief. The staff there is not only kind towards my mother, but very loving towards her. Their director, Kim, does a very very good.

The meals are also wonderful. They use fresh food and that is very important.

Friendly and accommodating staff

My loved one was only here for a brief time, but I thought Atria Merrimack Place did a fantastic job. They really went above and beyond to try for us, and were very very accommodating. It was a nice looking, clean community, and the staff were all very friendly. It didn't work out for us, but they are definitely worth a look if you are looking into senior care in the area!

Very pleased overall

So far we're very pleased with this community. It's a very active place, and the residents and staff are all very friendly. They've got a nice variety of activities, but it would be better if they were a bit more frequent. It can get kind of quiet on the weekends, or during the evening. They could also stand to be a bit more creative with the care, to keep things a bit more varied and interesting.

Toured this location, but didn't select

I looked at this community while looking for options for my mother. Everything looked fine, however I ended up choosing another location that was more convenient, and provided similar quality for a better price.

A very nice place!

A very nice place!

I found Atria Place to a wonderful fa...

I found Atria Place to a wonderful facility.

Have visited- this was quite close to...

Have visited- this was quite close to shopping and grocery...had "Happy Hour" which was great idea..also no apt stove as I rememember

$6050 for 1bedroom and 7 hours a week...

$6050 for 1bedroom and 7 hours a week of assisted help. No bed for MA Health when money runs out. $5000 community fee and one months rent security. Rent goes up 4% per year.

LOVED this place. put down deposit. ...

LOVED this place. put down deposit. but turns out they have already promised the apartment to someone else.

Atria Merrimack Place offers residents a warm and active senior community. Make new friends and enjoy old ones through a variety of events and activities. Or, take advantage of Atria Merrimack Place’s wellness program, featuring a fitness center.