Langdon Place of Exeter - Exeter, NH

What a great place! I toured the facility and was very impressed. Very clean, people were friendly, and the residences seemed happy!

Understand what you will - and won't - get!

Lovely residents, great workers. Nursing staff irregular and not interested in getting any outside help. "Medical transportation" is Thursdays only, by appointment (which is to say NONE). If you expect to rely on the nurses etc. to make medical appointments or to call the doctor - forget it. If YOU will closely observe your loved one and will take them to appointments, Langdon Place is OK. THIS IS NOT ASSISTED CARE!!! No wheelchairs or scooters - "walk" or you're OUT. Think about that as your loved one continues to age. This is just an inexpensive "stop along the way".

Great place

This is a wonderful community. You can feel the difference when you walk in . The residents could not be nicer. They are so welcoming. My aunt really felt welcomed. The activities are ongoing and the residents seem very busy and happy. A wonderful benefit , there is a pool! Families can also use the pool. the day we came there was a pool party going on. My aunt is on the wait list!

Very informative.
Rooms spacious.
A little dated and dark.
Friendly staff and [Removed] answered all questions.

Very helpful staff!!

We were in a very tough spot with our dad who has severe dementia. His home burned down and we needed a place for him quickly so that we could figure out long-term plans. He ended up there for 30 days of respite care and I can't say enough good things about [Removed], the Director of Sales and Marketing. She was far more than that. [Removed] spent hours with us going over my dad's needs. She was so knowledgeable. We've spent a lot of time with senior living facilities between my mom and now dad and she by far was the most helpful and knowledgeable. They didn't have a bed for him in memory care so we had to look elsewhere but we would highly recommend Langdon based on our interactions with [Removed].

Wonderful staff!

My mom absolutely loves that place, it is just awesome! The facility is very nice and the staff are wonderful at catering to my mom's needs and requests. Though my mom is deteriorating a bit, they giver her excellent care here.

The cream of the crop!

Everything here has been just wonderful. We love the staff and how hard they work. My loved one loves her studio apartment and the location is easy for our family to come visit. There is nothing bad that I can say about here they are top notch!

A Socializing And Active Community

Mom is doing better and my aunt and daughter are able to visit her. She has a roommate and their room is kept clean along with the rest of the place. The menu is fabulous and she is eating well, they have lobsters at times! The staff had lots of activities and residents are encourage to be active. There is a lot of socializing within the community and they are all treated like a normal people. The owners make you feel like you are involved and respond very quickly to anything. I like that they also offer resolutions to an issue and ask to proceed before doing so.

Not a suitable option for us as the resident must be able to self evacuate from the building. My mother-in-law cannot do that.

Respite visit as a test for a future home

The staff is outstanding. The facility is well cared for and very clean. Everyone is friendly, and quick to reach out to new residents.

A very good experience for my difficult to please Mother...I was expecting her to have complaints....there were none!!!

Mom is happy

Mom has been at Langdon Place for two months now. The staff has helped her settle in. We appreciate that they come by to personally invite her to join in the many activities. They also gave consideration to whom she would enjoy eating with, and planned the dining room seating accordingly.

Mom really enjoys Nancy, the Marketing coordinator. Mom will drop in to chat with her during the day about concerns, and Nancy is always welcoming and helpful. The nurses and other staff are also very warm and considerate.

So far, all is going very well.

I really can't give any feedback on the care services or the activities. She has not complained about them. She has participated in the activities. The place is in real good shape and she's happy there.

We haven't really had any complaints at all.

It's going okay so far. We haven't really had any complaints at all. Even the food is pretty good. I think they deserve a four.

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Langdon Place seemed like a nice community overall. The building was well decorated and clean, and the people here seemed very friendly. It looked like they had the ability to care for many different levels of care!

Overall very very good

The place was very nice and excellent. Everyone there were nice and very helpful to each other. Location! That's what got us there. No reason to look anywhere else.

Very friendly and responsive staff

They do a good job here, overall. All of the staff are very friendly and professional, and very attentive to the needs of the residents. The care staff are always available to assist, and even the maintenance staff are right on top of things. They always come right out to help with any maintenance requests, and are even happy to come out to help the residents figure out their TV remotes, etc.

did not deliver

We thought we would be paying good money to have mom taken good care of, but it is a bit of a disappointment every time we go there. Things are in disarray, there is no leadership, and they do not communicate well with us on what is going on. The presentation from the director tells us what to expect, but the in practice day to day execution does not deliver.

A New Home for Mom

The people at Langdon Place of Exeter have been extremely helpful & friendly. My Mom has only been at Langdon Place (LP) for a month, but so far she is very happy with her new living arrangement. My siblings & I were very concerned that she would not be happy leaving her home of 60+ years, but a diagnosis of Alzheimer's & living alone made it necessary. We were very impressed with the Memory Care Unit for when the time comes, but currently Mom is enjoying Assisted Living in the Langdon Place community. It really helped that Mom could bring quite a bit of her furniture from home. Everyone at LP was helpful during the move & really made an effort to make her new apartment cozy & inviting, include her in activities & introduce her to her new neighbors. It's so good to see Mom socializing again! The common areas of LP are beautiful. We are looking forward to participating in the many activities that they offer & seeing the grounds without snow! It's such a relief knowing that help is readily available & caring people check on her regularly. We have received excellent customer service at LP.

Staff was nice, place was dark and ve...

Staff was nice, place was dark and very dated. Director was very pleasant.

Mom's first choice

Mom's first choice

Sometimes a little help is all that's needed for older adults to maintain their independence. At SunBridge Senior Living at Langdon Place - Exeter, we offer apartments for independent residents and assisted living units, as well as, a secure Alzheimer's Care Program. Our assisted living community offers private residences combined with a safe environment, an attentive staff and on-site healthcare services. Caring professionals can assist with bathing, dressing, getting comfortable for the night, or just a reminder to take medications. Each cozy apartment has a private entrance, kitchenette, bathroom and individually controlled heating and cooling, with room for favorite furniture and belongings. We offer a variety of social, recreational, educational and community activities. We also take care of housekeeping and laundry. Transportation is available for personal errands and appointments.