Atria Shaker

I toured the Atria while looking at different living options for my father-in-law. The staff was great. They were excellent at keeping us updated. I thought the community was nice, but we ultimately chose another one that we liked better.

Good Tour Of This Facility

We had a very nice tour of this community. It is a very nice facility with kind people. The tour went well, we did not have any problems. The community looked great, everything was very well-kept. The staff was very kind, and helpful. They treated us well, and all our questions were answered. It was not the right fit for my aunt, but we had a good tour overall.

Read the fine print.

At first they seemed very nice and helpful. Then I got a call on April 29, 2017, a Saturday, saying we needed to com in a sign a contract the next day (before the end of April) to take advantage of a "special price."

We went, and they wanted $6,600 to hold the room at the "special price." In the course of the conversation the salesman and the director told us four times that if my mother could not make it for some reason (she ended up needing to be in a nursing facility, not assisted living) we would get the money back.

A week later, after our mother went back to the doctor for more x-rays, it turned out her hip was not healed. When I called Atria and asked them to refund the money, they said they needed confirmation in writing from her doctor, a stipulation they never made in our conversations. Our mother was in a nursing home in the Bronx! We live in upstate NY and Pennsylvania! We didn't even know the name of the doctor who examined her!

They kept saying they "know how hard this is" and then made it even harder!

Ultimately we got the full refund.

My tour

I liked this community when I visited. The director was nice. the community looked clean and they offered daily activities. This community seemed more for assisted living and we were looking for independent living.

The tour went well. Colleen was very accommodating and gave us a thorough tour, including lunch. I left with a full picture of the facility and it looks like a good option for my sister.

Positive Experience

My aunt is doing very well since her move to this community. They have a wonderful staff at this facility. They have been very caring, and helpful. It has been a positive experience working with the staff. They have complete menu available for the resident. She has gotten involved in a few of the activities they offer. She is pleased with the meals, the food is good. They are providing her with great care, and I would recommend this community.

Nice place, very clean. A bit expensive. Near a hospital.

Good Care for Mom and Dad

Both of my parents are in this community. My mom is just setting in and adjusting. The staff is excellent and careing about there needs. The food is good and they seems have a nice variety. This community is clean and very beautiful. I would recommend this to other families for great care.

Great Value at Atria Shaker

Staff is consistently friendly to visitors and Mom. She has made a number of personal relationships with those she has direct contact with most every day.

Review of Atria Shaker - Albany, NY

My friends are not happy there. Maybe it is just the loss of control over their lives that they are rebelling against and the loss of privacy - both part of the reality of being taken care of down to the distribution of their medicines. The adjustment is hard. The two bedroom apartment was the largest and nicest that we saw during our search. The bookkeeping of charges each month makes their bills difficult if not impossible to figure out (and I am helping them). It is not a regular amount and makes them uneasy because of course Atria takes these varying amounts out of their checking account directly. Are these just the usual complaints everywhere

Kate Vance

Thanks for reaching out with your concerns. I'd like to help - would you mind emailing me at [removed]? Then I can gain a better understanding of the circumstances and share it with those who are best positioned to address the matter.

A Good Experience

They were very persistent in trying to accommodate our requests. They really facilitated the transition into the facility for my loved and were very helpful in doing that. It has been a good experience for my loved one so far.

lacking communication

I am really pleased with them. They lack in communication. There is a problem with them communicating, most of it I have to do and I am not included in the loop.

Katy Miller

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Open communication is important to us and I invite you to reach out to us at any time via [removed].

Expensive lesson

Please remember that this organization is lead by a sales team. Our experience was one of hope in the beginning but due to health concerns of our loved one we did not think this facility could manage the many issues which were going on so we never took occupancy which was a very expensive lesson as no refund was allowed.

The staff is very pleasant and friendly. Those residents who we came in contact with seemed very pleased with their surroundings. Please consider carefully the needs of your loved one before signing a contract. There are no refunds.

Overall this would be a nice place for someone with minimal health concerns.

Katy Miller

We’re sorry that our community wasn’t a perfect fit for your family but we invite you back at any time. If you’d like to talk to us directly, please reach us at [removed].

Excellent assisted living community

I have been to Atria Shaker many times while visiting a friend, and Atria Shaker seems like a very nice assisted living community! The staff are friendly and professional, the facility is clean and well kept, and the meals are excellent! However, it is a very expensive place to live. But for anyone who has the means and needs assisted living I would highly recommend it!

Everybody we have had to deal with has been wonderful

Everybody we have had to deal with has been wonderful at Atria Shaker. They are fairly competitively priced and to me it's worth it. Dad is used to walking around and there aren't any sidewalks outside. I wish there was a track or something he could get out and walk around. The staff are really good about following up with him. I just wish there was a closer location to me, it's about an hour drive. All in all things are going well at this facility.

So far, so good.

My friends just moved in a week ago. So far, employees have been very helpful and pleasant. Food is good and plentiful. Always snacks around if you miss a regular meal. Pretty location and buildings nicely kept. They seem to work at having a variety of activities for residents.

This was an excellent choice for my loved one. They have a lot of activities.There really happy here and im not complaining one bit. The staff is really nice and friendly so are the other residents.

It was very beautiful.

I toured this community as I was looking for options. It was very beautiful. I really liked all the amenities that were offered to the residents. I would rate them very highly based on what I saw.

Great place for father

Wonderful staff. Great environment.

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this place was very nice overall, although it was also one of the more expensive options we saw. The facility itself was well kept and clean, and the staff all seemed very friendly.

You need to consider retaining a relationship with a primary care doctor instead of relying on the facility to provide medical care. It is for this reason that I've rated core services as "0" as my loved one was not given timely or effective medical attention. As medical care is outsourced, you should reconcile how much you pay for these medical services against the care actually received. I learned this lesson but my loved one suffered the consequences. With this rating, I hope to prevent this from happening to someone else.

Kate Vance

Your comments are very concerning to us and we would like to speak with you personally to gain understanding of your experience. We apologize for any misunderstanding of level of care or services provided. If you are wiling, please reach out via [removed] and kindly include “Atria Shaker” in your subject line so we may quickly include the appropriate directors in the correspondence.

We are very happy with Atria Shaker Memory Care. Both the nurse and aides are very helpful and kind. I can't say enough good things about them.
They could use more nurses on staff to aide Shantell, who is wonder woman.

It was beautiful, but I didn't like it.

I mainly disliked the Atria Shaker, but it was a beautiful place. First of all, the original person who did tours did not show me around that day. It was expensive, and we didn't meet their financial requirements. I also have relatives who volunteer at the Atria Shaker and they have witnessed the staff speaking and behaving in a detrimental way. It was not a great place.

It is a for profit enterprise and if ...

It is a for profit enterprise and if you look carefully-it is very obvious. I would not send my worse enemy or my family dog to this facility!

Kate Vance

Your comments are very concerning to us and we’d like to connect with you personally to get an understanding of your experience. We take feedback from our families very seriously and would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please contact us directly at [removed] and if you would kindly include “Atria Shaker” in your subject line, we can quickly include the appropriate directors in the correspondence. We are here to help and hope to hear from you soon.

Above and Beyond

The community went way out of their way to help us out. They were very friendly, and very accommodating. They did a great job. They really worked with us to get things going.

Bill has been very nice and very informative, and so helpful.

Bill has been very nice and very informative, and so helpful. They are able to take care of the residents on site. I was told they don't take the residents to the hospital unless they have a short time to live. They have their own room with a private bathroom with a shower, which we really liked.

Kate Vance

Thank you for your review. While our residents’ health and safety are of upmost importance to us, we also respect their wishes and space. I am happy to hear that your family members are pleased with our community and welcome any further feedback you would like to share. If you have any questions regarding medical needs and care, please feel free to email us directly at [removed], including “Atria Shaker” in your subject line.

All the alzheimers patients were in the basement...

All the alzheimers patients were in the basement downstairs because it was locked, and upstairs was not.

We don't really have any complaints.

We don't really have any complaints. It was on the pricier side of what we looked at. We chose it because they have a doctor that comes to the facility and seemed to offer a higher level of care. The food is okay not she doesn't rave over it but it's good. The physical space is nice, thats one of the things we liked about it. There's a physical therapist on site. It has an extra level of service than the others. Overall the experience has been positive. They have a lot of activities, she doesn't really participate very much, but there are things to do.

Great Value

We thought that was nice. It was probably the best value of all the ones we looked at. The rooms were nice and the price was significantly lower that some other location. That probably has a lot to do with supply and demand in the area. The people that runt these things make a huge difference and they seemed good here.

Toured the community. Immediately fe...

Toured the community. Immediately felt this is the place for Dad.

Just a short distance from The Berkshire, Catskill and Adirondack Mountains, Atria Shaker provides a healthy and engaging lifestyle for older adults. Whether it's walking through the historic state capital, taking in a Broadway-style show or simply relaxing in the private garden, we encourage residents to take an active role in the community and enjoy everything that senior living has to offer.

We offer a range of senior living services to ensure a comfortable, confident lifestyle for our residents. Independent living enables our residents to connect with peers and enjoy an active lifestyle, while our 24-hour staff ensures that every resident is assisted with discreet support whenever needed. We also offer our Life Guidance® memory care neighborhood for residents with Alzheimer's, dementia or other memory impairments. Atria's senior living and supportive living service areas close to Albany, NY, include Saratoga, East Greenbush, Delmar, Glens Falls, Pittsfield MA, Scotia, Troy, Clifton Park, Half Moon, Guilderland, Stephentown, Averil Park, West Sand Lake and Rensselaer.

Whether you are looking for supportive living communities in Albany, NY, or retirement communities in the greater New York area, Atria Shaker is ready to serve you. Visit us today and discover our exceptional lifestyle.