Park Place Senior Living at Winghaven - O'Fallon, MO

Excellent Facility

My 85 year old father just spent 2 months at this facility. I could not say enough positive things about this facility. He received excellent care and the facilities are beautiful. He was sad to leave the facility but glad to be back in his own home. If the need would arise, he would be back no question about it.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback; we appreciate your confidence in us and we're so pleased that your father enjoyed his stay at Park Place at WingHaven!

Very impressed with facilities and staff I met.
Residents appeared comfortable in there environment there.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your feedback; we appreciate your review of Park Place at WingHaven!

Mom's Care

This is a nice community. The staff is caring and attentive. We like the atmosphere of the other residents. The menu was appealing and she is happy with the variety. The staff try and keep her active with the other residents and we are happy to know she is doing well. We hight recommend this community for the good care and value.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your recommendation of our community! We appreciate your confidence in us and we're so pleased that your loved one is enjoying her home here at Park Place at WingHaven.

I Enjoyed Our Time In This Community

I was very pleased with my wife's experience in this community. Unfortunately she had a bad accident, and I had to move her to a nursing home. However I love this community, it is a great facility. It was a good match at first. The have a friendly, helpful staff, and they did a good with the cleanliness around the community. There are activities offered, and they provide good meals for the residents. It is community I would recommend, it is a nice facility.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review; we appreciate your feedback!

I was taken on a tour of the independent living wing by [Removed]. Park Place is lovely, the courtyard is filled with flowers and greenery and has a soothing water feature. the facility is clean and order free. They offer the residents many amenities and encourage the resident's family to join in. The dining area presents like a restaurant - residents are given choices and order off the menu each evening. There is even a happy hour for those who enjoy a beverage before dinner. I loved it. I have a call into a lawyer to talk about VA benefits for my mom. The results of that meeting will determine if we are able to move forward or not.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review; we appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us! We hope to see you again soon.

The environment and everything they have to offer your loved one is outstanding. I was able to speak with a resident and she said she wouldn't want to live anywhere else. The staff we had the pleasure of meeting were helpful and nice. It is just out of price range for our loved one.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your review of Park Place at WingHaven; we appreciate your feedback!

Tour and comfort

We toured this community and the staff was nice and the staff was able to answer the questions that we had. They would have had the care that we wanted. the activities would have been helpful for her to participate. We know that this is the nice community and we would recommend that families tour this community for care.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your experience at Park Place; we appreciate your input and we're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

A tour for care for mom

We toured this community for care. The staff were nice and answer the questions. The menu was appealing and the activities are available to the residents that can participate. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your recommendation of Park Place! We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Very pleased!

This is a great place! The staff are great with my loved one, and she's out socializing and participating in activities all the time! We also are pleased with the availability of the facility. Overall, we are very satisfied!

SLC Midwest

We're so pleased that your loved one is enjoying her home here at Park Place at Winghaven! Thank you for sharing your confidence in us; your feedback is appreciated.

Toured on Friday, 6/16 at 9 am. Beautiful facility, very big, more expensive than all we've looked at. Super nice representative, [Removed]

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your feedback; we are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Outstanding care and comfort

I like the care is great here at this community. The staff is outstanding. The meals are great and a nice variety. She is enjoying the activities even during the weekends. This is an outstanding community in every way. We would highly recommend the care and value of this great community to other families.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your confidence in us! We strive to provide the best care possible and appreciate your feedback!

I Hear Good Feedback

My dad is doing just fine as a resident here. He has good meals with lots of activities and the community is kept clean. The people were very friendly and I liked the atmosphere when I toured it. They worked with how fast I needed a room. It is a nice community and I would recommend them to others.

Keep looking - don't choose this place.

First off, the facilitiy has no follow through on their promises. Despite promising transportation to and from doctors, they now refuse to provide this service. Food is terrible if you have any dietary restrictions. They have refused to accomodate diabetic needs. Facility is constantly understaffed. Acitiy staff is extremely rude, untrained and unqualified,

Great care

I liked the care of this community. The staff are friendly and attentive. The food seems to be good. He is liking the activities that are offered to him. We like that the community if very clean and taken care of. We would recommend this community to other families.

Yesterday I toured the Park Place facility. I was taken to the older side of assisted living (AL1) The studio rooms were extremely small. When I had spoken wtih my APFM rep we discussed my mom having a dog and I was assured they took pets. After having a discussion with one of the younger 'directors" I was taken to another senior director of AL2 (newer side) After sitting for less than five minutes I was told that they do not take pets and they do not allow residents to smoke outdoors. Had I know this, I would have understood this was not the right place for mom and utilized my time looking at a different facility.

Not a Good Experience so Far

So far it has been a work in progress for my mother here at this community. I would like for them to follow through on many of the things that were promised to us in the beginning. We were told she would have transportation to and from her doctors appointments, but they have not provided any rides. They said they have an on site doctor, but after the move when found out he didn't take her insurance. She says the meals are horrible. I wish they would be more upfront about the service they have available.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback. We would like to apologize for any miscommunication, and we would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your experience and any additional suggestions you may have for the future. Please feel free to connect with our executive director, Debbra, at our community phone number at your earliest convenience. Thank you again for your time!

The place is very well kept up in appearance but the quality of care is not acceptable in my opinion.. I am a caregiver and going to school for healthcare administration. I believe in having quality care for all residents in every facility. They are always understaffed and the fact that the government is ok with using nurses and administration count as people to care for residents is wrong! For one administration never provides personal care, nurses are rarely around to ask for help.. so i highly would not recommend this place it is only good for retired people that can take care of themselves.

Beautiful facility -- clean, lots of activities and great support staff. Everyone we met was happy and loved living at Park Place!! Meals are varied and we enjoyed a delicious lunch. A definite place to consider!!

Small And Cozy!

From the short period of time that my father has been there so far, this has been a great community. The staff is very friendly and so far have done everything they said they would. The place is very clean and well maintained. The community is all on one level. They offer a variety of activities for when my father gets more comfortable and settled in. So far we are very happy with our choice.

Very nice community!

The community at Park Place Senior Living at Winghaven is a beautiful community. It is very well kept and maintained nicely. The staff that offered the tour were friendly and shared a wealth of information with us. We did not choose Park Place because they do not accept pets.

I Had A Good Tour Of This Community

My tour of this community was a good one. The community is well maintained, everything looks great. The staff was kind and helpful. The tour guide was informative and kind. It just wasn't the community for my dad, but a nice place.

Great community!

We are satisfied with the care that the staff are providing to my mother. The staff have been friendly and easy to work with. They communicate very well with the family. My mom is enjoying the food offered. The community is well kept and clean throughout.

An Amazing Atmosphere

I am loving the new community I am in. Everything is great here. I am happy with all that is offered. The food is okay but could be better.

Thank you from the Graham Family!

Park Place has changed my mother's life!! She came to them living in a non-assisted care unit where her dementia took hold very quickly. Park Place and the employees embraced my mom and she is living a much more fulfilled life. She is dressed and in makeup each day. She is doing activities and eating her meals outside of her room! Our family can rest easily that she is safe and secure! We can not express what a wonderful feeling this is for us! Thank you!

Would NOT recommend for assisted living

We toured this community's independent living portion while looking into senior living, and everything looked very nice! However, where we ended up moving was the assisted living portion and I would HIGHLY recommend avoiding them if you need assisted living. They've got almost nothing for the residents to do in terms of activities, everyone either sleeps or watches TV in their rooms. And, even if they are able, the assisted living residents are forbidden from using the pool or gym in the independent living section.

The woman who runs the facility has been extremely unpleasant to work with, and in my opinion very unprofessional. She's been hostile and dismissive about my complaints and suggestions, and seems to respond to the other residents the same way.

Don't make the same mistake we did and assume that the assisted living would be as nice as the independent living section! Make sure you know what you're getting!

SLC Midwest

We are disappointed to read about your experience at Park Place. Our goal is to always try to keep our residents involved and engaged in activities throughout their day, no matter what their ability or limitations might be. This can be challenging and we welcome any suggestions or new ideas that anyone may have to enhance our programs. Unfortunately, however, we may fall short of some resident or family expectations. We have a management team that will always be ready to hear any comments or concerns, our residents are our top priority!
Please feel free to contact me if you feel that your needs are not being met so that we can come to a good solution for everyone.
Debbra Coval
Executive Director
[removed]

I like it. Overall I'm pretty happy.

I like it. Overall I'm pretty happy. I haven't had a chance to try the food, but she hasn't had any complaints. I think I would give them a four.

It seemed like it would have been so wonderful.

We toured here, and it was in our top two. It seemed like it would have been so wonderful. It was really, really nice, but also a little more upscale, and formal. They were also a bit more expensive, and not in as convenient of a location for our family.

nothing but good things to say

I have nothing but good things to say about Park Place Senior Living in Winghaven. It has been a good experience. I have no complaints about this facility. I am very pleased.

Very nice place

We're very pleased with how things have turned out with Park Place Senior Living! Everything here is wonderful, I'd give them top marks across the board! The people are friendly, and they're diligent and proactive when it comes to caring for the residents. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they have a lot to provide for the people that live here! My one small complaint is that the bathrooms do not seem to have exhaust fans, which seems strange to me.

Great place to live.

Friendly people, caring staff, spacious apartments,great service. We are very pleased to be here!

tinal

Jeanne we are so happy you and Jerry choose Park Place to call home!

excellent place

Park Place Senior Living in Winghaven is an excellent place. The staff treat dad really well. They are really with it and on top of it at this facility. They sing and dad loves that he knows and likes all songs. I can't think of anything negative about this facility.

We have been here two weeks. We are so pleased with EVERYTHING....The staff, the accommodations, food, activities are first rate. It's like living in a very friendly hotel!

A very caring place

I think the Park Place Senior Living is a very caring place. My mother was very happy there. She was there for a year and was very happy. The only issue was the doctor that they had coming in. He was the on call doctor. I was not happy with him. He didn't take the time to actually talk to the patients as he should have. Besides that, everything else was pretty good. It's a nice community with friendly people.

Great staff : Menu needs to improve to meet needs of elderly

Park Place looks beautiful and shows nicely. The staff are very friendly and take good care of residents.

Little consideration is given to what residents request and desire in regard to food. At mealtime there is not enough help to serve therefore residents wait and meals are served cold at times. Menus does not fit needs for elderly despite multiple request for changes. Owners should make attempt to improve the problems in the kitchen by looking at all the food that has been uneaten and returned to kitchen. Residents request simple meals: mashed potatoe , canned green beans, bread, pie,: simple home cooked meals.

So happy we chose Park Place!

The staff working at this assisted living facility are the heart of the services provided. They are caring, compassionate, and take time to listen to the wishes and needs of the resident as well as to the family. Mom has been there less than a week, and we could not be happier with our choice. The doctor came to assess her shortly after her arrival due to some unexpected medical findings. Treatment started immediately, and we are encouraged that this will be resolved. It is a smaller size, very clean and beautiful assisted living facility. The food is more than adequate and professionally prepared. Mom seems to be adjusting well and the staff are doing everything possible to assist in this process. We highly recommend this facility.

tinal

Thank you for the wonderful and kind words, we are happy that you choose Park Place for mom to call home. We strive to be the best we can be and we take this to heart.

Nice looking place

We visited this community when we were looking into senior living options for a loved one. This was a very nice looking place! It was a brand new building, and very well kept and clean. The staff all seemed friendly and professional.

tinal

Thank you for the kind words, we hope that your loved one will call Park Place their new home. Please let us know how we can help.

They are doing a great job.

They are doing a great job. They have no problems whatsoever. This was a great choice for my loved ones. It's clean and the staff is friendly and they have been very accommodating. They haven't been there that long yet, but so far we are very pleased.

This was a great place and was almost selected. It was a location choice. There was nothing wrong with this facility.

They are new and still learning, but they are flexible.

They just opened a new wing for assisted care, and it looks like they are learning as they go. Everyone is new and the rules are changing as they go. Nothing is wrong but I have the feeling there isn't a lot of experience. They are pretty good about making changes and necessary adjustments when things come up though. They are willing to talk to you anytime, about anything. They have a lot of activities and things, but I am not sure how effective they are about getting people to participate.

Fantastic place!

They're doing at fantastic job at Park Place in Winghaven, my loved one is extremely happy here! She is thrilled to death with everything that they offer, I haven't heard a negative word from her yet! She loves the food, they have all sorts of activities, and everyone here is friendly and helpful! We really could not be happier, I would recommend them highly!

It's great.

It's great. I don't have any concerns over the staff or the cleanliness, or anything. It's been stellar! It's been a great experience. I appreciate A Place For Mom for helping find it as well. That was a good experience too.

The medication management is excellent. The friendliness of the staff is certainly there, and they are always very accommodating. The food there is also very good.

One area where I do feel that they might could improve would be this: what is advertised and what you get are not exactly the same. Some of the extra amenities that I was told would be available had some extra caveats to them. There are some underlying details that are not divulged up front.

I think they are doing a pretty good job.

I think they are doing a pretty good job. It's clean and the staff seems to be real good. I think the food is pretty good, and they try to get them down there for all the meals. They are doing what they need to be doing.

very friendly and personable

They people at Park Place in Winghaven are always very friendly, very open, and very available. Any time I have had a question hey are always very quick to resound the same day. The staff, especially the receptionist are very friendly and personable, always calling me and others by name.

Nice place, overall

Overall our experience with Park Place in Winghaven has been a good one. The staff are friendly and professional, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. However, the assisted living does seem geared towards a narrow set of care needs. I'd like to see them have services and activities available that are appropriate for those at a variety of different care levels.

Friendly and efficient staff

We have chosen Park Place in Winghaven, we like the location, it's close so that we can visit easily. We liked the management here, the staff was friendly and efficient. They also seem to be really good at engaging the residents in activities.

excellent facility at a competitive price

Mom is getting very involved with the activities, which is great. The staff is very friendly and always greets everyone by name. I also am impressed with the security they offer. It's locked at night and you need a code to get in. They help the residents get around so they don't fall. The food is very nutritious and they help manage moms diabetes well. Mom is taking an interest in things where she wasn't before. Any time there is an issue, I bring it to their attention and they promptly handle it. We decided on Park Place because of the excellent facility at a competitive price.

Heard good things!

We were considering this location for a loved one when we were looking into senior care. We had quite a few personal recommendations for this place, and all of our friends seemed very happy with it, although we did not get the chance to tour ourselves.

tinal

We love to hear when family and friends refer to Park Place. We would love to have the opportunity to show you all Park Place has to offer and if you have time we would love to have you stay for lunch to sample our menu. Give us a call to set up a time that works good for you at [removed].

Park Place fits our needs

We moved Mom to Park Place in OFallon, MO because she needed the higher level of assisted living care. We have thus far been quite satisfied with this move. The staff are friendly and attentive. Mom's health has improved as a result of the extra care she is receiving, and she is showing signs of interest in activities. I visited the other night, and she was working on a picture puzzle, something she has not done in at least 4 years. She seemed more alert and interested in things.

Park Place has more security than her previous location. She is escorted from her room down the elevator to the dining area. This reduces the chances of her falling or of forgetting to go eat at the right time. The facility is secured in the evening after 7:30, but family can get a code to enter and leave the building after that time.

The facility is almost brand new and is elegant. There are gathering areas and televisions scattered throughout the facility. The rooms are nice. The pricing is competitive. I particularly like the fact that the only extra charge is for those with diabetes who must take insulin. A lot of other places charge more for other assistance activities as a person's needs increase.

tinal

Thank you for the kind words about Park Place, it is our mission to provide to best quality of care for our families. Were so happy that you choose Park Place for mom to call home.
Regional Director

I think they try very hard, it's kept very clean.

I think they try very hard, it's kept very clean. The staff couldn't be better. I haven't had a bad experience at all. They all work very hard, and the owners are right here and they are hands on. It's family owned and their daughters work here too, they are even here on the weekends. They are knocking on the door all the time, for activities. They have someone that will come and get me and stay with me while I exercise, it's almost like having your own personal trainer. The food I would give a four, and they are working on it, it's cooked in another building and brought here, and it's not always hot enough. I think they cook the vegetables too much, and others think they are fine, so you can't please everyone. It's a gorgeous place, very opulent to look at.

In the month and a half we've been at...

In the month and a half we've been at ParkPlace the experience has been pretty good. I'm satisfied with the services overall. I'm satisfied with the facility, staff, and care they provide.

tinal

We are happy you choose Park Place to call home! Thank you for your comments, its always great to hear.

Feels like home.

Mom and Dad moved in last week and are very happy at Park Place. They have enjoyed the people and the meals and are beginning to feel like it's "home". The staff has been very helpful with getting them settled and assessing what would work for my parents.

They are very clean and very friendly.

They are very clean and very friendly. They have plenty of activities. I believe the food is excellent. I can't think of anything I would like to see done better or improved. Park Place seemed to have the best reputation of the places we looked at, we didn't hear one negative thing about them, and was in a good location for us.

Love it!

It looks like a Hyatt and the people are so friendly -- from the staff to the residents. They have taken my mother under their wings. Her apartment is so cute, with a balcony overlooking the courtyard. The food is delicious -- Mom always looks forward to her meals and we really enjoy eating with her when we can. They are quick to respond and eager to please. Mom loves all the aides and nurses -- they treat her like a queen.

Wonderful place!! Couldn't...

Wonderful place!! Couldn't ask for anything better than this!! It's a definite possibility on my list.

Nice, Doesn't Have The Care I Wanted

It was really nice but it didn't have all the different types of care. I wanted that so we could stay together and not have to start looking for a new place if we need more care later on.

Independent and Assisted Living with Care

They have great activities but since my mom has short term memory issues so she doesn't get to take advantage some of them. I arrive and I see her sitting in the assisted living living room just sitting here becuse she doesn't know that there is something going on. I'm sure they're just not staffed well enough to get the people that don't know any better over to the activities. I was under the impression that they did that so that was the one disappointment.

You can reseve a dining room or cafe for your family events which is nice. They helped by putting some of the heavy items on the walls when she moved in. They keeps us pretty well informed if there are any issues. It's very nice decor and they can proved the care that she needed.

Locked Assisted Living unit. No dogs...

Locked Assisted Living unit. No dogs allowed. Beautiful facility. He is too independent to be on a locked unit.

She really liked this place. We plan...

She really liked this place. We plan to go back to eat and socialize to see if she connects here.

assisted living,meals,meds,a lot of p...

assisted living,meals,meds,a lot of programs,good

Park Place Senior Living at WingHaven is truly a unique community! Our community consists of Independent Apartment Homes, Assisted Living and a Memory Care Neighborhood. We are nestled in the community of WingHaven in O'Fallon, MO close to shopping, restaurants, and more, Where Family and Friends are Neighbors. What makes us different is our exceptional services, amenities and personalized quality of care. Stop by and see what makes us different!