Aspen House is located in Loveland, Colorado and is recognized as a leader in dementia care with the goal to provide a safe and secure environment for patients suffering from Alzheimer's Disease and other cognitive impairments. Aspen House has a state-of-the-art security system, giving families peace of mind knowing that their loved one is well protected. There are alarms and delayed egress locks on doors, as well as on the gates in the fenced in area outside. Designed to meet the needs of those with cognitive impairments, Aspen House offers family dining in its four small dining rooms. Residents experience a personal, intimate home feeling in their ""neighborhoods."" Aspen House provides a calming, structured environment conductive to dementia residents unique needs as the disease progresses. Residents are kept active in person-centered activities that keep residents engaged in meaningful ways, as well as stimulate their cognitive, social, and physical abilities. Aspen House provides a high level of care with a high staff to patient ratio. Staff is on duty 24 hours a day and can meet the physical and emotional needs of dementia patients. The specially staff is trained to understand specific behaviors and needs of those with cognitive impairments, as well as assist with all the activities of daily living, including dressing, bathing, eating, and grooming. Licensed nurses are also on staff for consultation. There are many services available at Aspen House. These include meals and snacks, assistance with activities, incontinence supplies, room furnishings and bed linens, laundry and housekeeping, daily exercise program, and transport to and from medical appointments. If a family member is unable to attend a medical appointment, an Aspen House staff member with stay with the resident, so you can be at ease that your loved one is taken care of even away from Aspen House.

Tour for Grandma

We toured this community for care. The staff were wonderful and seemed very friendly. We liked that they were able to answer the questions that we had. The dining area was nice and the residents liked the menu and juices very much. The community is clean and maintained. We would recommend this community to other families for the care of a loved one.

A great place!!

The caregivers at this small community are there for my husband. They watch him carefully. This home has four wings and there are two caregivers for every four residents. I like this care home and it is a good place for my husband.

5+ stars

A warm, homey atmosphere that feels more like a dormitory than an institution. An attentive caring staff who ensure the residents have everything they need or want (within reason of course). I am so thankful I found Aspen House for my husband. It it a superior residence and nothing else is comparable.

Why choose Aspen House

Aspen House provides person centered care for our loved ones with dementia or Alzheimer's. The staff are caring and respectful. The facility is clean and has a home-like feeling. Family members are encouraged to bring in familiar and personal items for their loved ones to put in their rooms. The staff to resident ratio is fantastic! I highly recommend Aspen House to families with a loved one battling dementia or Alzheimer's disease. The facility doesn't surprise you with hidden charges. The rate stays the same for the resident's entire stay.

Gold Standard

Aspen House is truly the best there is when it comes to dementia care. They make it their priority to make sure that residents are given the highest quality of care and are committed to making sure that each individuals needs are met, no matter what they are. The care-partners there make an effort to get to know each resident and the family and friends as well. The staff is creative when it comes to problem solving for the unique challenges that dementia presents.

Feels like home

Beautiful community. Everything there reminds me of home - books on the shelves, knick knacks on counters - all things that help and challenge demented residents. Staff is kind and caring - truly wonderful.

really good

The people at Aspen House have done a really good job keeping me informed on any kind of issues that they see, and in monitoring the well being of my parent.

The one area I can think of where they can improve would be to have a few more diverse activities available for the residents.

Great dementia care facility!

I think they've done a great job so far at Aspen House. It's a nice looking, clean community, and the staff have all been very nice, friendly, and professional. I like that they specialize in Alzheimer's and dementia care, my loved one has anger issues and they've been so good about being patient and redirecting her when she starts to get upset. I think her state of mind has really improved since moving in!

This place looked dirty.

This place looked dirty. The lady was nice enough and caring enough but I didn't like the facility. There were no private rooms, the rooms were all shared and they just had little twin beds. It was more institutional, I just got bad vibes. I felt it was very expensive for what you got. One of the main restrooms was full of equipment.

Best Alzheimer's Home Ever

My mom has been a resident at Aspen House for 2 1/2 years. The loving care she receives and the dignity shown to, not only her but every single resident, is astounding. The staff, from the owners on down, do everything they can to make every resident feel special and loved. I couldn't be happier that this is where we chose to place my mom.

Respect, kindness, and patience

I am a freelance (non-employee) hair stylist at Aspen House. I see how the owners & staff interact & care for the residents with amazing respect, kindness, & patience. The residents are kept comfortable & clean & safe continually. Food is great.

My husband has been at Aspen House si...

My husband has been at Aspen House since July of 2013. I am pleased with the care and the friedliness of the staff. They put the patient's care and safety first which is very important to me. Becasue my husband has other on going health issues, I'm so thankful there is a place that is willing to deal with his issues and his doctors. Their great care has given me a chance to do some traveling and participate in activities and not worry about his care or safety, as I know he is well taken care of. I like the fact that they treat each of the residents with respect and help them in any way that they can. My hat's off to all the caregivers--you are tops in my book. Thanks for all the hard work and effort that each of you puts forth to make life worthwhile for my husband!

Our family at Aspen House

My husband has been living at Aspen House for 20 months now and they have been wonderful. Aspen House was the only facility with an opening at the time when he came out of the hospital and needed a secure assisted living facility and everyone I consulted told me I was very lucky to get him in there, because it was the best. With our experience, I am now in wholehearted agreement.

Nothing can take away the sadness of a spouse or parent needing to be in care, but there is great comfort in knowing they couldn't be better cared for.
The management is so kind and concerned with each and every individual; the staff are very well trained and support both residents and family alike. Indeed the staff ("Care Partners") and residents now feel like extended family to us. We enjoy helping to tend the wonderful flowers and veggies they grow during the summer.
And the food is good!

Home at Aspen House

Have you ever walked into a building and felt right at home? That is what it feels like at Aspen House! The staff are so friendly and warm. They greet everyone care, respect, and dignity. The staff at Aspen House they are ready to assist with even the smallest detail and committed to making this truly our home!

Individual Care & Understanding for each Resident & Their Family

My mother was at Aspen House for about a year. She loved the staff and felt comfortable there. They were so good with her and supported her in whatever mood or place she needed it. Each person is different with their own set of issues and Aspen House recognizes that and treats them as individuals.
They were also very accommodating with special requests or issues that arose for the family. We are very grateful that we found Aspen House when we did.

Thank you for my Dad's care and love.

Aspen House has been a life saver for me and my dad. I tried to take care of my Dad when my mom passed away and I was unable to. They have been so kind to my dad and so patience. He is so much happier their, than he was and content with the care he gets at Aspen House. When I take him out for a ride, he is always ready to go back and glad to see the staff. They have become his second family.
It has made it easier for me to enjoy my dad. They always have time to listen to me and call when ever dad has a problem. I never have to worry about his care.

Colorado's Finest

When I was unable to take care of my husband who had Alzheimer's, I started looking for a care facility. I found the "Gold Standard" to be Aspen House. My husband was cared for there for 7 months. The Directors answered any concerns that I had honestly and patiently. My husband had exemplary care and was happy and content. The staff was knowledgeable, compassionate and understanding. If my husband woke up at night and was hungry, the staff fixed him something to eat and visited with him until he was ready to go back to bed. He enjoyed the activities offered daily and he loved the food. My husband passed away very peacefully at Aspen House. This is the place I want to be if and when my time comes.

My husband has Alzheimer's disease and I am unable to care for him at home. During the past 4 years, we have experienced 3 different facilities. He is currently in Aspen House--by far, the best.

I am very pleased with the care and living experience that Aspen House provides. The staff seems always to be cheerful and they are caring and competent. The administrators are available, helpful, and friendly.. The facility is large, homey, comfortable, and extremely clean. And, the food is good.

My husband is well cared for and so am I. My questions are answered promptly, and I am notified of anything of importance concerning my husband promptly.

I am very grateful we found Aspen House, and recommend it highly.