Benton House of Douglasville - Douglasville, GA

Really Good Place

When I had been speaking to my husband doctor and nurse having them fill out the necessary paperwork to place my husband they had asked which community I was considering and when I mentioned this community they were extremely happy I chose this one. They really like this place so that made my mind feel at ease. My husband loves being here. He loves the staff they are all so nice and kind. He does some socializing with the other residents which are a big thing for him. He loves the food clears his plate every meal time. The community is always kept clean and well maintained. It was a good choice for us to place him here.

Benton House

Thank you so much for your time and feedback reading Benton House of Douglasville! We are happy you are part of our Benton House family and please know we are always available if you have any questions. We hope you have a great week!

A very caring staff. They are very efficient and anticipate every want and need of their charges.

Tour was A Nice One

This is a nice community, and our tour if went well overall. The staff was friendly, and informative. Our questions were answered. From what we saw the community looked nice, and clean. The experience was good one, but we did find another community that suited our needs better.

Wonderful community!

We are very pleased so far! My mother-in-law moved here and things are going very well. She's getting involved in activities. They offer sitting exercises, a spelling game, they really offer a wide range of things to do.Let me put it this way, I don't think I would change anything to make it better. The other day the lady at the front desk asked us to like them on Facebook and my husband responded 'No, because we don't like you." She looked confused and my husband said "We love you!".We enjoy Benton House so much that we brought my father-in-law here as well! We chose them because of the resident to caregiver ratio. They specialize in individualized quality care. I would highly recommend them!

FILTHY

FILTHY! Especially since the new administrator has taken over. The rooms are NEVER inspected! Toilets are constantly filthy, floors, dust piles up, it is disgusting! I would never recommend this to anyone!

Benton House

Our Benton House of Douglasville team would like to thank you for sharing your feedback. Our community’s team is committed to providing top service and this includes ensuring our community is beautiful, clean and feels like home for every resident. Please know we are taking your concerns very seriously and our Corporate Team would like to learn more. At your convenience please contact our Corporate Office at: [removed]. We thank you for your time. - Benton House of Douglasville

THey are very accommodating at Benton House!!

They do room inspections to make sure that the community is kept clean. Mom and my children like the food. They take her to her physical therapy and doctor appointments. She has made friends since moving in. This community gets our recommendation.

Good Community, But I had Concerns About My Mother Personal Care

My mother was at this community for a short respite stay, and it was an okay experience. It is a very nice place, the community looks very nice and clean. Most of the staff was nice and pleasant. I did have my concerns about my mother's personal care. She had on the same clothes I dropped her off in. Also it seemed like they didn't shower her the whole time she was there. Other than those issues, it is a good community with kind people.

Benton House

The Benton House of Douglasville team values your time and we thank you for sharing your feedback about your mom’s respite stay. We are happy to hear your family found our team to be nice and pleasant. We care about your comments and we are available to discuss any concerns you have regarding our personal care assistance. Benton House encourages you to contact our corporate office. Thank you again for sharing your experience. – Benton House

Very nice place!

Our experience with Benton House of Douglasville was a good one, overall. For the level of care they provide I think they do an excellent job. However, as they are not able to handle higher levels of dementia/alzheimer's care, we decided to move my loved one to a facility that can handle those needs as they come up. That being said, I would highly recommend Benton House to any family not in need of higher end care needs, they do a fabulous job!

Benton House

Thank you for sharing about your experience at Benton House of Douglasville. Our team is happy to hear your family would recommend our community to others looking for a senior living community! Please know we strive to be an aging in place community within our state guidelines. Warm thoughts for your family and please contact us at [removed] if you have additional questions. Thanks again for your time! -Benton House

Happy at Benton House

My mother is extremely happy at The Benton House. If we have ever had a problem, which are few, they are quick to resolve whatever issue it is. I wish that all of the girls who help with my mother were all experienced, and all followed the same protocol in carrying out their duties. I realize, though, in such a facility, with the staff pulled from all directions, this is probably impossible. The ones who do take up time with her, take pride in their job, and do an outstanding job ARE, in themselves, OUTSTANDING! I love that everyone always has a smile on their face, no matter when you visit! All the staff and administration are very friendly, and easy to talk to.

Benton House

Dear Char: Thank you for your time and for being part of our Benton House of Douglasville family. We strive to provide all our senior living residents with top-notch assistance. If we can assist you further please call our office. – Benton House

Amazing Facility

Benton House in Douglasville has been great. The staff is wonderful and My Mom enjoys the activities in and out of the facility. Clean and polished environment with a great activities Director. I have a infinite number of pictures showing my Mom smiling , laughing and enjoying the company of many new friends she has made. They offer Day activities for individuals that live at home which is great along with yoga, exercise, board games, trips to the museum etc. it's a great day.

good in ways, management needs to step up in others!

The woman in the front, Jennifer, is just wonderful. There are, however, a few staff members that are mean to the residents there. Mom is going to be moving out soon for a couple of reasons. For one, she has fortunately gotten better and is able to get out on her own. But then there is also the fact of some of the staff not being as nice as they need to be, and also they are frequently not adequately stocked in some of the basic essentials.

Once my mom was given someone elses medication. Fortunately she knew it was not right and did not take it. With the laundry services, she sometimes get someone elses clothes.

It's a beautiful beautiful place, but the management needs to step in and really crack down on some of these issues!

Great Place! Excellent Staff!

Very professional staff, very friendly also. Everyone shows a genuine level of care and concern towards the residents. Jenny , the head nurse is a consummate professional and always on top of things, she made the process of getting our Mom's medications straightened out a lot easier for us. Hospital kept changing her dosages , so we kept having to update the staff, they were very good at making sure everything was right. Very nice , clean facility. Mom likes all the people there. I would recommend it to anyone.

They are very clean, and the staff is exceptionally friendly.

They are very clean, and the staff is exceptionally friendly. They are very quick to respond if there is a need or a concern. The activities are okay. The food is pretty good. I think everything is going really well, and they take really good care of my mom and her needs, they are really supportive. They have a respite program there that was really nice. We liked that it was smaller and they offered a lot of social interaction.

It’s a small community...

It’s a small community so it’s more intimate with more care, more personal relationships. They are very sympathetic when bad things happen. The food is okay, but my mom likes it. They have a couple of outdoor places for residents. They have bingo and a whole calendar of activities.

Good communication with us

My father went here for respite care, it was very good. He needed a little bit of care, the care was okay. It really wasn't the care so much, we had a little bit of environmental issues, nothing to do with the cleanliness and they told us there were gonna be a few issues but they kept us informed.

Benton House of Douglasville

TERRIBLE!!!. My Mom was a respite patient there while we were on vacation. She made 2 visits to the emergency room in 7 hours from falls. We were told that she fell out of the bed, she had never fallen out the bed before. We find that hard to believe due to the injury she received. We told them she needed assistance when standing and someone should be near her if she was using her walker. My sister and I have cared for my mother for almost 12 years and she has only had maybe 2-3 falls. She was so soaked in urine that the hospital personnel commented "the Benton House is going to have to do better". They only used 17 pads on her and she was there for 6 days. There was a total lack of communication with Benton House when my mother was taken to the hospital both times. In short we had to cut our vacation short and return to Atlanta to rescue my mother from that place. The Benton House is a sure case of you can not judge a book by its cover. I would not recommend this place to anyone who cares about their LOVE ONE.

The staff are very friendly and helpf...

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The overall feeling is warmth. The rooms are nice and the bathrooms perfect. My mother was very comfortable in her stay although it was for only 2 months while she was recovering from an injury. The nurses stayed on top of her medication and the director set up home health. I learned of the rehabilitation program (step program) from a Place for Mom and am very grateful for their assistance at a most difficult time.

I really like this place bu...

I really like this place but more than I can afford.

Complicated

It's complicated. In terms of the room and what was available when my in-laws checked in, I would give it a 1. In terms of some of the services that were provided and their contact with us, I would give it a 5. They were very responsive to our calls.

There was a bed, a chair, and a tv. Nothing was set up for them and it was totally not what we were expecting. We spent hours there trying to get them set up. No one was available at that time. All the supervisors and everyone that we has spoken with initially were in some sort of meeting off site. I was not impressed with what we got for what we paid. My in-laws were only there for 10 days for a respite stay.

independant/assisted can escalate care

independant/assisted can escalate care

Welcome to Benton House of Douglasville! A beautiful community of warmth decorated with fine furnishings, stunning artwork and more often than not the scent of something delicious baking in the kitchen. A place where independence thrives but help is just a call away.
Our community life includes exercise options, weekly concerts, a variety of trips, religious services, cooking classes and more all listed on a full social event calendar for our residents’ preference! Benton House of Douglasville is a single story design making it convenient for residents to stay active and participate in community events. We have a variety of apartment styles and residents bring their own furnishing and keepsakes so the apartments can truly be their own. Also, Benton House offers a full array of services including enjoyable meals, housekeeping and dignified personal assistance by a qualified staff. Benton House Communities value choice and dignity, providing a caring environment where friendships flourish. When you’re here you’re home!