The Lodge at Aspen Village - Dallas, GA

Aspen Village AWSOME care

I visited several assisted living facilities before selecting Aspen Village for my mother. Some cost less and some more. However, from the time I enter Aspen Village I could see the difference. The staff is super friendly and attentive to residents. You can find fancier places but in my experience you won't find better care. I find it to be very clean and the food is excellent, I have eaten there.
My mother has had to transfer to memory care and Aspen took care of everything to move her from assisted living to memory care, I didn't have to do anything. I feel she is receiving excellent care. I have dropped in at many different times and have always found professional and friendly staff every time.

If I were to need assisted living I could move there.

Thank you Aspen Village - Lost Mountain Family

As we enter into this week of Thanksgiving, I sit here and think of how thankful I am that my family and I were lead to Aspen Village at Lost Mountain one year ago. That year was full of heartbreaking, difficult decisions as it became apparent that my parents could no longer thrive independently. Being an only child, this was probably the most difficult experience I have encountered. While I could sit here and focus on the rapid decline of their health, and the challenges that came with it, I am most thankful that God was so Faithful in protecting them as He led us to [Removed] at Aspen Village. There is joy in every moment; sometimes we have to look a little closer to see it. When turning my attention to the blessings, I see how hard the Aspen staff works to provide not only for the basic needs of the residents, but to create an environment of love and exciting opportunities (ie. outings such as the apple orchard in North Georgia, the Yellow Daisy Festival at Stone Mountain, and weekly trips to Walmart; they have special events such as a circus, car show, craft classes, flower arranging, Christmas Parties, Thanksgiving Feasts, and Ice Cream at 3:00pm every Sunday to name a few—the activity calendar is ALWAYS full)
The business of assisted living is a growing business. It seems as if new constructions begin daily and they all offer the promise of care with similar price ranges. However, not one could offer the most priceless gift of love that we have experienced from the Aspen Family. While no family is perfect, this family loves like no other. When minor issues arise, they are readily available to address the concern. I personally, have experienced this love and felt the love extended to my parents. Transition to assisted living is no easy matter for some. My parents were hard working and enjoyed living life to the fullest. I can't imagine how losing one's independence must feel, but I know that was hard for them.
In December of last year, my father's health declined as he had a re-occurrence of cancer. He transitioned to Hospice which was very difficult for us. [Removed] and the staff were there to comfort my mom and me at every turn. The last week of January was most difficult as he transitioned to the final stages. I moved in to their apartment to be with my family during those last four days. The staff loved us through this time. Providing room service to me and mom and a spread of food on the table for visitors was only a sampling of how they provided an outpouring of love to us. Some staff members even came to sit with us at the end of their shift. Dad passed on February 3rd of this year. Having awakened next to the man of her dreams for 66 years, this has been and continues to be very difficult for my mom. The angels of Aspen Village provide for her needs, but even greater than that, love her. As a matter of fact, one of her caregivers is out for a short time due to a medical procedure required for her. She came by Sunday afternoon to visit mom. I just happened to be visiting at the same time and was blessed to see her.
I am an educator by profession. I once had a principal to tell me that education is not a career, it is a life. I think the same is true for caregivers. I thank my Heavenly Father above for His servants at Aspen. They are truly answering His call to love.

2 thumbs up

My Mom has been at Aspen Village for about 3 years now. She loves it and so do I. It is clean and the staff really cares. It is her home and they care for her like family. The very few minor issues I have had to discuss with management have been met with an eagerness to make it right and have been remedied immediately.

Recommended

I would recommend Aspen Village at Lost Mountain in Dallas, Georgia. The staff is helpful. The dining room is impressive and the food is good. The resident quarters are
homey. Lots of fun activities.

Disgusted

Deplorable! Often management or supervisors are not on hand to oversee patients/residents care. You can leave numerous messages to have mgt. call you back regarding your family members' care and the phone call is never returned.
My father has been there 13 months (too long) and his overall care has been unthinkable. For the last three weeks I have gone to visit him only to find him in bed, dirty, nasty diaper (twice with no diaper at all) and filthy bedding. Two weeks ago ants were in his bed when I removed the bedding to clean him up. Last week I was told he "probably" had C-Diff. And you wonder why?
I have called the GA Dept of Community Health and reported this facility to them. The Fulton County Humane Society takes better care of their animals.
I did not choose this facility. My brother did, strictly for convenience. This facility does not deserve a star....

Never got to a tour

Nice looking place from the lobby. I came in to tour since I am looking for my parents. I sat in the lobby for over 15 minutes and there was nobody at the reception desk. Then an employee came in from the front door and asked me if I needed any help. I said I was looking for a place for my parents. She said she would send somebody right out and went into the closed staff room. A couple minutes later an alarm for one of the resident's rooms went off and kept beeping. 15 to 20 minutes later at about 10:00 someone comes in the front door and goes into the manager's office. I pointed out to her that there was somebody in need and I was waiting to leave after I knew staff was notified. I then told her I would look for somewhere else for my parents.

Unfortunately this site does not have N/A rating, so I scored the not applicable items for my visit in the middle.

Very Nice Community, Tour Was Pleasant

This is a very nice community, and my tour of it went well. Everything looked nice, and well-kept from what I was shown. The staff I met was kind, and helpful. My tour went well, it was a nice experience, but unfortunately it did not meet all of our needs.

Didn't like layout

We toured this community and Daddy didn't like it because he didn't like the look of the long hallways. Everyone was friendly and nice during our visit.

Decent Tour

We had a pretty decent tour of this community. Everyone was very kind, and courteous. The community appeared to be clean, and well-kept. The staff was nice. We just did not get the feeling that this was the community for us.

New place!

This was a newer community and we did like it. i did not get to go inside the community. The people that I spoke with were nice and helpful. There prices were crazy though.

Not Good

My grandmother was at Aspen for 1 year. At first, it wasn't bad. Now it is AWFUL!! The new management is pitiful!! If you want to pay a lot of money for your loved one to just exist, then this is the place. They offer no encouragement for personal hygiene, never lets you know that meds are running low (med assistance cost extra-not worth $375 a month), they wash her laundry and most of her items do not return. She actually ends up with other peoples laundry. Watch your invoices for reoccurring beauty shop charges that you paid the month or 2 before. The residents wait a long time for their meals to be served. The staff is not knowledgeable on when it is urgent to call the family. The furniture in the sitting area is urine stained and smells. This is just not a good place!! Needless to say we have found a better place for her and it's cheaper!

Not pleased with Aspen Village

My father has been in Aspen Village about 5 months and I agree that it definitely isn't what was promised on the initial tour. Extremely disappointed in their assistance with hygiene. Just getting him a haircut on a consistent basis has been ridiculous. Med techs are very nice and accommodating but management is non responsive. Phone calls not returned and absolutely no assistance when we've approached them about services and assistance. Would strongly recommend looking around before putting a loved one here. By the way, it isn't cheap either.

Aspen Village Experiences

All in all Aspen is just average. Communication with nurse and managers is below average return phone calls never come on the same day the GM has never returned a phone call. The staff have proven to be very friendly and kind.
It is difficult to speak to one person that can relate to your loved one and answer questions as to their adjusting to their new environment . It is not easy for us to be there every day so communication is very important since some of us live in another state. We are hoping things will improve.

Not really satisfied.

My 87 year old aunt has been here three months. It is not what was promised. The kitchen staff are excellent. Aids not at all carrying. cleaned once a week? Very light cleaning. I'd look for somewhere else. It is beautiful and if you don't need assistance it would be fine.

Very decieving

I would give a 0 if I could. DO NOT let them deceive you like they did me. They seem nice and caring but they are not qualified to do the job that needs to be done. My mother fell at 5am and was bruised and cut up pretty badly and no one contacted me. I visited that afternoon and discovered the bruises and she sat there all day in pain. I had to call an ambulance to come get her. The incident was not documented and the administration did not even know about it. At the ER we discovered she has an infection in her leg and a kidney infection. Her leg was very swollen and her support stockings were on wrong for the last time. This was not the first incident. For a business of this nature to take the money they take, there should be NOTHING like this happening. VERY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

Review of Aspen Village at Lost Mountain - Dallas, GA

This is a new community with a very nice common area and dining room. We received a lot of information from the director (Jason) regarding the differences between assisted living and personal care facilities. The one thing that was disappointing is that green space was a courtyard with smaller vegetation and it felt enclosed. There was little vegetation surrounding the community due to planned construction

Looks like a ski resort

Caring staff. Beautiful building - looks like a ski resort. Expensive, but daily housekeeping, weekly laundry service, and all-day dining are all included.

Friendly Staff

Improvement needs to be the way they are doing their medications. They have their med-techs doing the activities too, which takes away from their normal procedures and they are late getting the medications to the residents. The friendliness and the staff are wonderful.

The apartments are very nice and very cozy and they do a good job in keeping them clean. The laundry service is excellent. And this isn't a complaint about all the residents, but my father talks about the food. I would like to see an improvement in the food. Overall it's a really nice place, and they are convenient and considerate to us.

Very nice staff.

Nice place overall

Overall our experience with Aspen Village at Lost Mountain has been a good one! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff are friendly and professional for the most part. They also do a great job with the food! My only concern is that since we moved our loved one in there has been a bit of staff turnover, and not all of the new people are the quality we were hoping for.

They did a really good job.

They did a really good job. They provided good care. They were superbly generous, and treated her really well while she was there. I would rate them very highly, I give them a five.

Nice place, overall

Overall I would say things have gone well so far at Aspen Village! They've been very consistent when it comes to assisting my loved one with medication, movement assistance, bathing, etc. The staff here are very friendly, and it is a very professional environment. One area they could stand to improve, however, is the food.

Incredibly friendly and helpful staff!

Aspen Village at Lost Mountain does an absolutely fantastic job! The staff here is amazing, and they take great care of the residents. The caregivers are always smiling and happy, and they obviously really enjoy their jobs. The facility itself is beautiful and clean, and it is in a beautiful location. I cannot recommend them highly enough, we're very pleased!

She loves it here!

Aspen Village has done an absolutely wonderful job so far, it's been a great experience. My loved one is really enjoying herself here! She likes the people, the staff, and the facility itself! She feels comfortable and safe here, and we really can't ask for more.

Toured 7/19. One year old, ...

Toured 7/19. One year old, nice decor. Have one and 2 bedrooms available. Friendly staff. One price for memory care.

Nice staff, but building wa...

Nice staff, but building was noisy and roof leaked after only being open 8 months.

Not a great tour

We were really turned off by the fact that when we toured the community, it had only been open for eight months and the roof was already leaking. The carpets were all wet and there were parts we couldn't see because of the clean up. The room that they wanted to rent to us was at the far end of the hall. We only saw 3 people walking around.

Kicked my father out after 4 months!

Please don't be fooled by the pretty building. My father was there for only 4 months didn't even have time to settle in. He has dementia and alzheimer's he is 75 years old and 150 pounds and use of 1 arm. He had neck pain and the nurses only were able to give him tylenol which didn't help. We repetedly ask for pain medicine from the doctor and nurses. My father got angry because of the pain and threatend the staff (which I know is not okay) but they never addressed the problem. They sent him to ER where they told ER they weren't taking him back to send him to Peachford, where they would reevaluate him, they did not reevaluate they told Peachford he was not welcome back to find another place. All of this over pain medicine. I was told by staff that he basically sold the units in memory care because of friendlyness while they showed the units to family. Wow from that to Kick him to the streets. Nice. No understanding at all.

Aspen Village is a very nice place fo...

Aspen Village is a very nice place for my mom. She seems happy there and the staff is very professional and caring. Mom has made many friends with other residents and says the meals they serve the are excellent.

Very nice people and a clean facility...

Very nice people and a clean facility. My mother is now a resident of Aspen Village and I'm hoping she will be happy there. She has met some of the residents there and seems to be enjoying herself. The staff is very helpful and friendly. I am a little concerned about security.

I love this place. This pl...

I love this place. This place is still an option.

Beautiful Facility. Too big...

Beautiful Facility. Too big for Dad, but would be a great location for active seniors who require just a little assistance. Great common room area and cinema room. Gives you the feel of a large resort.

Aspen Village Assisted Living is a senior living and memory care community located in middle of Cobb County in Dallas, Georgia. The mission of Aspen Village is to offer all the aspects and charm of southern living and building long lasting, trusting, and loving relationships with its residents and their families. We pride ourselves on encouraging independence and enhancing our residents quality of life. Our memory care neighborhood offers many programs to enrich the lives of our residents. Our residents and staff are viewed as family, and treated as so. Aspen Village come with numerous amenities and services available for our residents comfort and quality of life. We have a beautiful and large dining room with vaulted ceilings and a beautiful stone fireplace. This adds a touch of home. All day dining is featured so residents can eat whenever they are hungry. Residents can often be found in the library, or out on the patio reading their books! The Village has multiple reflection areas and activity rooms all throughout the community. Every apartment has an emergency response system to insure the safety and well being of our residents. On site is a full time, licensed nurse available to all residents, as well as specially trained staff who are available 24 hours a day. Weekly housekeeping and laundry services are also available to ensure residents live a relaxing and easy life. Residents love it here because of the relationships built. Our staff and residents care so much for each other; You can trust that your loved ones are in a safe environment!