Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center - Scotch Plains, NJ

Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center - Scotch Plains, NJ has yet not published prices.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

The nursing staff is really good, I'm happy with them. Everyone is great at communicating. Everything looks good except where the renovations are in the rehab area.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

They are very attentive and everyone is very nice. They show my loved one respect. She is doing quite well with the rehab therapy. All the staff are very nice. It is very clean and I noticed this when I first got here. The meals are okay. She goes to the dining area. They have called me at home to discuss things. They are all very good.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

So far, the aides and nurses are wonderful! They're so informative. I know they are watching my mom and taking care of her. The administrators are very good. Everybody, the social worker, finance person, have been good... It's a new experience for me so I'm nervous but they've been good to help put me at ease. The head nurses are really, really great. Since the first week, they've responded to questions and requests I have asked for. They are doing everything I ask so that she's safe there and socially involved. She seems to have alternatives and enjoying the meals, some she doesn't like.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

My loved one is so happy there and everyone is so helpful. The nurses are good. The meals are good.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

It seems pretty good. I think my loved one is doing better in rehab. The woman at the front desk is nice. Sometimes she presses the call button and it takes 20 minutes to come. The food is on time and warm. She has complained a lot about it though.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

Ashbrook is much better for my loved one medically. I'm happy with attention they pay him just coming out of another facility that was not good for him. The doctor stays in good touch with me. The therapists are attentive to him and good. The meals are okay. It could be his taste buds.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

The building is very clean however it is a bit old - could use some updating. I have received a number of calls from the facility. I'm satisfied with the level of communication.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

They were wonderful and loved my aunt. They cried like crazy and she was there three years this month. I like the nurses and they were both excellent. A lot of the aides were not good and some were really good and cared. Quite a few were wonderful and very friendly. Any time there was a problem they called me. I got a prompt response. It was very clean with some dust all in all. The food is cold and the meat is so hard you cannot chew though.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

They took care of her. They are on time with her meds and they care. She is well cared for in her appearance for everything. The staff is very caring. It is clean. They have excellent meals. The nurse communicates well and the social worker is good. I like the nursing supervisor.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

I have yet to find unpleasant person. They are always working there not like other places where they are sitting around and not doing their jobs. I don't find patients looking for assistance. The three C's they had to prove to me are; comfortable, considerate, care. They've done a good job proving that to me. Well it's not a brand new facility. They have institutional food, not their fault they are just having to accommodate a lot of different folks. A few times I had to reach out with things I thought they've would've let me know about.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

I guess the care is good, she's happy there. Many of the staff are very wonderful, not many are cranky. Communication is good, they call if there's a problem. The social worker, nursing staff, and doctor call me. She complains that the food is hard-maybe it's microwaved, it's hard as a rock. It's run down, falling apart and facility looks dirty and dingy, needs a major overhaul.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

The nurses are great, they take care of them. Everything else is good besides food and showers. My parents complain they don't get showers on regular basis. I have to call to see why. It never smells, they clean. One a few places that does not smell. Communication is very good, they call right away if anything happens.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

So far the nursing care is excellent. The staff is excellent with communication. But from what I've seen they sure could use a new floor. The hallways and tiles are terrible.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

The facility is fine and staff is okay. The nurses are good. The staff all try and help her. They keep it very clean there. They are always vacuuming and polishing the floors. The food is not that great.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

I like the compassion of the staff. I like the overall friendliness. They try their best. The building is old and needs to be updated. They do keep it clean. The bathrooms need to be updated. I have to bring her dinner every day and she is very picky. The quality could be better or improved. I am there every day and I have access to them. We have our family meeting every couple of months. They all communicate well. I have access to the DON and the nurses at the station. They need to have another way to reach the nurses station. It took four tries to get through to the nurses station and I have to have them paged.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

All the nurses are friendly and the facility is pretty good. She is responding well to the therapy and the staff are responding to her well. The actual rooms are run down a little. Rehab is going great and the therapists are nice.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

The nurses take good care of my dad. There have been issues where my father's toiletries have been used and his charger has been missing. The general hallways and the visitor restrooms there is an odor at times. I do not hold that against them. They could use more of a variety of foods. Communication used to be better. They have gotten better with calling me.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

Some days it is good and some days not as good. I think they are under staffed. I arrive at 10 and she is still in bed and cannot get up by herself. It would be great to have a list of the people who do not get visitors so others could stop by and see them. Might be nice to have more photos and things from their era around. Visiting Angels visit my mom but there are many patients there that do not have anyone. It is a shame they do not get that contact. I complain a lot if she is not out of bed. The nurses are great. Good thing they do not have a high turn over. Everyone is friendly. I don't know how often the floors are actually cleaned in the rooms, like mopped not just swept. When they are dining it would be nice to have music from their era. I think that would help a lot. More music is great for older people. Things are busy and crazy.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

The nurses are good. When I call in with something they get back to me. The nurse assistants get confused and get her clothes mixed up. The regulars are okay but the other ones I am not happy with. Everyone seems to be friendly. The floors need to be clean and they need to remodel, painted and refreshed. I do my grandmother's laundry and they still manage to put her clothes in the person next to her. They use her pajamas on other people. Her roommate gets up in the middle of the night and scares her.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

Communication is my main concern with the facility. I have asked on many occasions to be notified regarding anything pertaining to my sister’s care. The facility can notify myself or the other sisters. The sister that is in the facility cannot handle her own care and it upsets me when I see on the report that a doctor visited or some other care took place that I do not know about. I have made a poster over her bed that asked to be notified as a reminder to staff.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

The nursing staff very short handed and not very attentive. I got the run around at the nurses' station. People clean the patients very rough. I told social worker about it. They have no empathy.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

Overall the experience has gone well for my mother. I love the nursing staff. They sent her to a doctor's appointment without an aide, and I have communicated with the staff and they assured me this will not happen again. This incident just did not sit well with me but other than that it has been fine at the facility. They communicate with me through meetings regarding my mother's state and care, as well as phone calls. The staff also communicates with me when I am able to be in the facility. They have consistently held a meeting with me every 2-3 months to keep me updated.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

The only issue is when I call, I cannot get to her room. The staff are very nice to my mom-in-law and they got to know her pretty fast. They are very pleasant with no issues. It is an older facility though. It needs some upgrading but it is clean. She has not had any complaints.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

They are doing very well with my friend. My loved one is tough to deal with. I like the speech therapist and the social worker. I also like one of the nurses who is very patient with him and the head nurse. The meals are repetitive and not everybody needs food that is pureed. They need to enhance their meal plans. The overall appearance is outdated.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

They take good care of my mom there. I have no complaints. The facility and room is clean when I've visited. She's eating, everything's good. She eats all of her meals and wasn't doing that before. I call periodically and inquire. They tell me her condition and tell me she's good, don't worry.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

They have helped my mom and have been very patient. The staff is amazing. The staff care is wonderful. They are so friendly. The nursing care is fabulous. The building needs a facelift but it's clean.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

The staff are friendly, helpful, and professional. Every day they tell me what her situation is. The meals could be improved.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

My dad loves it! Normally he would complain if he had any but I have not heard anything being wrong, he's excited he's walking around again and doing good. Rehab seems to be just fine in there. He's able to walk now and says he's good there.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

Everything has been very good but the meals need some work. My loved one has not been filling out the menus but I have visited during his meal times and the meals are pitiful.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

They were very caring. They helped quickly and my requests mattered. The nursing supervisor and the wound nurse were great. They are renovating too.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

The recreational director is great!

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

I am very happy with my mother at Ashbrook. The people are great, and very friendly. Every single one of those nurses and all shifts have been so good to her. I would also like to mention how hard those aides work. They do such a good job! From the moment you walk into the building, at the front desk and as you go throughout, the entire building goes out of their way to be friendly. They do such a good job at keeping me informed, especially the nurses. The meals are good too.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

Every time I have called, I have always been greeted with a pleasant demeanor and they are kind. They go out of their way to get things done per my request. If there is difficulty with her, they call me to help with this. They have been very patient. I have not had any communication with them. My nephew said it is clean and not smelly. She has gained weight which is good. They do call me and I do not have to call them.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

It's pretty good, we have had some problems but it's okay. Not all the staff are nice. The meals are not too good. They don't communicate well.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

They are good. Rehab is very effective and they know what they are doing. The staff are very friendly and the nurses are very caring. The meals are not what you get at home.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

They are pretty friendly, they are pretty good and they let me know what is going on. No place is perfect and they have a lot of personnel changes there a lot. I have to stay on top of it. The room has stuff on the floor and they wait a day before cleaning. I do not like the breakfasts, they are too small. It is always the same thing all of the time.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

The staff is very nice and helpful and attentive to my mother. I love the gardens and they are a calming place to take my mom. The therapists are on top of her needs. The nurses are on top of it all and come to check if she is okay. They are loving and nice to her. The food is not great. The pancakes are so hard I could not cut them with a knife. They do offer to bring something else. They keep it clean but it's under renovation.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

The therapists do a good job with her so far. It could be cleaner, there's a lot of stuff in hallways, it's hard to maneuver around. The hallways could be cleaner, the room sometimes too. Sometimes the staff are hard to get in touch with.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

The location is convenient but the service is not the best. Some staff are okay and some are not. The food is nutritious but not great tasting. They don't update me often, sometimes if I have issues or questions, they don't get back to me.

The stay is okay.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

The staff are nice and they are good. The food is not good and they need to improve a lot of things. My mother needs to be changed more often and I told the DON the food sucks.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

The staff care here is really good. The place is outdated though and seems to be falling apart in some areas.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

The environment overall is okay. The menu is always the same, no varieties, and undercooked food sometimes. I have to ask questions, they don't inform me.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

Overall I'd recommend Ashbrook.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

The meals are not catered to the individual. They could use a lot more empathy here. The meals have really been terrible.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

The care and nursing is great. The facility looked good. The meals were pretty good for a nursing home.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

I think the service is satisfactory for the nurses and nurses' assistants. They should give her more therapy to be useful. The nurses are good. We like two of them especially. Two aides I like but there was a time that one of the aides was not good. The receptionist is nice. It is clean but old. Sometimes I can smell a bad odor in the hallway. The dining room is pretty warm. Nutrition wise the food is good but they do not have Chinese food. I would like them to please call me immediately if she falls or if they need someone to translate.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

I choose this facility over other facilities. There is always room for improvement but she has been there before and it is good. I have seen changes and improvement each time she has been there. The meals are amazing! Some of the nurses are lazy though.

Review of Ashbrook

It has been an excellent stay so far for my wife! The rehab therapy staff is very good at encouraging her when she needs it and respecting her limits. The nursing care is very good! My only concern is that they could cater to my wife's diet a little bit better.

Review of Ashbrook

It is very good. They did not serve the food hot though. He complained about it. I especially liked two of the aides.

Review of Ashbrook

I think it is very nice and friendly. It is a beautiful environment with flowers and foliage. They bend over backwards to make the patient comfortable. They keep it clean and sometimes he lets them in the room and sometimes he doesn't. He is a fussy and picky eater. Some of the food he eats and sometimes not but I tasted the food and it tastes nice to me. They do a good job preparing the food. If I was there I would feel like I am in heaven. They come and talk to me and they explain. They are very patient. He is reluctant and they are willing to go over and over the information to the patient.

Review of Ashbrook

It is so nice inside and the staff are totally phenomenal. I like the activities director. They are putting on a renewal wedding anniversary for my wife and me tomorrow. The cleanliness is phenomenal. I was very surprised. The meals and dining are great too. They chop my wife's food up for her for easy eating and they help her eat if I am not there. The only constructive criticism is there is no handicap help to the entrance. I use a walker and there is no push button at the doorway.

Review of Ashbrook

They are very good and attentive. The staff are very nice. They have been pretty good about keeping me informed. My mother loves one of her nurses. The nursing staff is very nice. The food is not too good though. My mother did not want to do rehab much and they are not forcing her. She could have been more advanced if they pushed her. She is in one of the older rooms and it is not that clean. There is a bad odor. You know you are in a nursing home.

Review of Ashbrook

The staff is very pleasant. When I ask questions they are very forthcoming and helpful. They fixed the TV right away. I think it needs to be cleaned up though and it is in the process of being renovated. The manager is very helpful to go over things with me and was very good. My loved one says she is enjoying the rehab. The nurses are very, very good. We liked one of the nurses a lot. A lot of the staff introduced themselves. There was one aide who was very helpful.

Review of Ashbrook

The rehab is good. She likes everybody. We are happy with the nurses during the day. At night, the nurse gives my loved one a hard time. The nurse was very rude. She is supposed to have the medication every three hours. They do not have Indian food for her.

Review of Ashbrook

Overall it is going well for my loved one. She does have certain aspects of care that work best for her. Some staff is very good about remembering her preferences such as staying in the recliner. I do have to remind some staff to keep her warm. The facility is in the process of remodeling so that is nice. There was one nurse who was there when we arrived and she was great. I did notice after a few days her hair wasn't getting combed but after I mentioned it to the nurse it was taken care of. Some staff are more friendly than others. It could be better as far as cleanliness. They are doing her laundry so that helps me a lot right now.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

He has very good service and the people are nice. Whatever he needs they provide it. He gained five pounds and it is very good. He especially likes one of the staff, she is an excellent person. I am writing a letter about her to the facility!

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

It was a good experience at Ashbrook. The therapy was excellent. They had excellent nurses. It was under construction. My only complaint is that the food was cold. The inside was very clean. The only thing that came hot was soup. All the other food was cold and this was my only complaint.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

He is being treated well. Their communication is okay.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

The room was too small and the roommate complained. They moved my mom and everything is better now. It was clean but it is going through renovation. She eats puree and did not like it. The food did not look good. The business people kept me informed. As far as the nurses and aides, I had to go to them for information.

Review of Ashbrook Care

My mother likes it. The nurses are fine. It is clean. She got put in there for one reason, and they are doing something that she was not put in there for. They are giving PT where she does not need it. My mother says some meals are good and some are not. They need to improve on communication and know what is going on.

Review of Ashbrook Care

I like that they have been helping my loved one walk correctly. They are pretty good at informing me.

Review of Ashbrook Care

They watch out for my mom. If there's an issue, they call right away. It's a nice place. I like it. The staff pay attention to her and her needs. They're very nice to her. My mom doesn't really complain about the food. They give her generous portions. Most of the time, she likes it. I don't worry much. If something does happen, they call me right away and ask me to come in, or explain to me what has happened.

Review of Ashbrook Care

It is going well. I am getting good transportation service to and from the hospital. There are no serious problems. There were a couple times I had to ring the bell for help, and they did not respond, and they went to the wrong room with a delay. The nurses are doing their best, but sometimes they zip off too quickly before I can get their attention. The staff are doing the best they can with all of the patients they need to take care of. It is very clean, with no spills or odors. The food is good. Sometimes I have meals in the room, and sometimes it is cold and they heat it up for me.

Review of Ashbrook Care

Everything is good. I like that it's a smaller facility. They have amazing cleanliness! The nurses are very overworked. They are understaffed.

Review of Ashbrook Care

My loved one likes the therapy a lot. Her morning nurse is very nice. The evening nurses are very nasty to her. I would like them to be more nice to her. They should be a lot more caring. They take a long time to get her pain medicine. She really don't like the food.

Review of Ashbrook Care

They've been pretty good and communicative.

Review of Ashbrook Care

There are some things about the place that could be improved. It is an old building. The parking is not great. One night, they forgot to bring my loved one dinner. There have been just a couple of mishaps. They are short-staffed. They are little slow on changing diapers. Nine out of ten people there are great. The night staff are less responsive compared to the day staff. My mom said they do not have a lot of permanent employees, but have temp employees. They do not grow to know the patient. I have to ask for updates.

Review of Ashbrook Care

The therapists are doing well. The cleaning staff do a great job. It is a nice place. It is pretty nice, and once in a while, there is a flare-up. Sometimes my loved one does not get too good of service from the aides. Sometimes they say they are going to change his bed and do not do this, but the majority of them are good. They are friendly. The food is a different story. A lot of times, he orders out, since the food is not very good.

Review of Ashbrook Care

The therapy is okay. I do like it. The food is pretty decent. The dining facility needs to be updated. They absolutely need to update the facility. The room my mom is in is very old and not updated. The staff could be a lot more friendly. The nurses need to be more empathetic. I get they may be understaffed, but they can be more empathetic and communicating with family. They are always aggravated and in a rush. The staff aren't friendly at all to me. My mom has been there a week, and I haven't heard from anyone there yet.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

I think it is fabulous. I like the compassion the staff has. They are very good at keeping me informed.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

Everything is good! I would recommend Ashbrook. They seem very busy.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

They are friendly and helpful. They have been very good at keeping me informed.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

We've put two people at Ashbrook! It is a great place. I think they have great people. It's pretty clean. It just looks old. They need to finish the updating. My loved one isn't so happy with the meals. They try, but she's an organic person. They are trying to serve her good food; it's just not her style.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

The nursing care is great, they are very caring and very involved. But I have not heard anything from physical therapy. I know they are working on him but I do not see results after a month. No one can tell me how he is doing in physical therapy. I have notes that say he is doing PT five days a week. I have to ask about this and they do not call me. They are lacking in communication. They should not say they are just the nurses, this is not what I want to hear. In the facility there is always an odor and I have to hold my breath. I know they are doing work and it will look prettier. It is old. The meals are fine.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

He's being very well taken care of, but the place is very old. One of the LPNs takes particularly good care of him. Everybody is extremely friendly. The furniture looks dirty and old though. He's not able to use the bathroom properly due to lack of space. The environment overall looks very bad, they need to update the place. They keep things clean, but looks dirty overall. He really likes the food. He eats everything they give him. There was a couple issues with the medication. It took a day to get some of the medications, and they didn't tell me. It got straightened out, but I wish they would've told me.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

The receptionist is very friendly and courteous. My loved one is not impressed with the meals. They do not keep me very informed.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

There have been some incidences. It's very hard to get a hold of people to give me answers. Sometimes it takes awhile. My father cannot give me accurate information, so when he calls and tells me something, I have to turn around and call and find out fact or fiction. I'm the type of person who needs it right then and there. It doesn't matter who I get it from; I need it. I live not-close, and having to wait an hour for a phone call when I might have to drive an hour to get there is too stressful for me. My father is very happy with the therapy. They're pushing him. The nurses seem very nice. The last room my father was in was not a very clean room. He's not happy with the food. Early in his stay, his portions weren't large enough. I spoke with somebody, and we were told all he had to do was ask for different food. Now that he's on a regular diet, he's happier with the portion size, but not always the taste of the food.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

There is nothing negative about the rehab. The staff is very friendly. The facility is very old, and walls in my loved one's room are crumbly. They were giving him mushy food. He was very upset about it.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

The staff is very patient. When I went in there they were very friendly. I was told by someone who visits there is no phone service. They did offer her to use the nurses' phone. She never got a cell phone that was promised to her by the manager. The meals are very good. The room was sloppy when she got there. The lady next to her was trying to get out of the bed and no one would come to help.

Review of Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center

She still has bedsores from the last place. I don't think they're taking very good care of her. As long as she's quiet, they don't really want to do anything with her. She's getting physical therapy every day. The nurses are alright. Every time we ask questions, they answer them.

My Dad has been in Ashbrook for about 7 months. He was diagnosed with accelerated dementia and we needed to find a place for him to be comfortable and safe. I have to commend all the nurses that have helped my dad. He was always a very confident and gentle soul but the dementia has brought out another side of my dad. I feel that they are taking good care of my dad and the nurses are caring and loving toward him. Yes, he can be a pain in the neck and complain but my mom can't care for him anymore. The one thing they can improve on is their food. It is quite awful. We have brought my dad home for Thanksgiving and this past Easter and without the help of his head nurse Danielle it would have never happened. Thanks to everybody who has helped my dad. Thanks to Diana in the business office for making my paperwork with Medicaid a lot easier for me.
Thanks to the whole staff that helps John Silano we are grateful and appreciate all you have done for him.
All our Love,

This is a great rehab, the staff are friendly.

This is a great rehab, the staff are friendly. They are able to manage her even though she can be a pain in the neck. She doesn't like the food though. They are fantastic though, it's nice to know that they are able to handle more difficult residents.

Tucked away in the Scotch Plains, Ashbrook Care & Rehabilitation Center is the top-notch choice for superior skilled nursing care in a friendly atmosphere. We are proudly a CMS 5-star community, which you will recognize in the dedication and individualized attention from our staff. Ashbrook offers a full range of skilled nursing and rehabilitation services, customized to your individual needs and goals.