Worst Place.Ever

My family placed my mother here in memory care when it first opened as Silverado in 2013. It was brand new, beautiful and presented with table linens and fresh flowers at every meal, a caring and attentive staff. During the first year we saw a decline in care and services. This was a pattern for the next two years as management changed annually as well as staff. My mother was perscribed an anti-anxiety drug, a [Removed], that you cannot stop taking without being weaned from it. I was informed by the floor nurses, that on at least 2 occasions they ran out of the medication and that my mother ent thru painful withdrawals. We paid and had a contract for a courtside room for mom's 2 and 1/2 years. They moved her to a new room without informing us. This room did not in the least resemble the room she had become familiar with and the move caused her added distress. Five course dinners with flowers and linens, deteriorated to dirty tables and grilled cheese sandwiches on paper plates which consisted of one skinny slice of processed cheese and soup in a styrofoam cup. My advocacy for my mother's care was addressed by hostility. I am sorry for anyone who places their confidence and loved one in this facility. The facade they present is not the reality of care and love you'll recieve. This probably will not get posted.

Melissa Blaydes

We are so sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction and we appreciate the time you have taken to let us know. Should you wish to discuss personally please call. It would be our hope we can rectify the situation so no other members of our community experience the same issues in the future. Thank you

amazing!

Great place! the staff really care!

A good fit!!

My sister is doing well since her move. She has made friends and it is working out good. She is struggling with the realm of being a facility. Her church is near by so they come and pick her up and she has even recruited other residents. She is pleased with it, as far as activities I know they get to go out I am not sure how often and they play bingo.

Very large!

When I went to tour Gardens, I felt that the facility was way too big. It almost felt like my father would get lost there. It was not our top choice.

Comfort for mom

The care here at this community. The staff is outstanding. I like knowing the community is very clean and I liked the meals that I have had with my mom. The have a good list of great meals that are offered. I like knowing that the community is cleanly maintained with a positive environment. I would recommend this community for the care of a loved one or friend.

Unprofessional and [Removed]

We were very excited to have my 75-year-old dad discharged from the hospital after a bout of pneumonia to Gardens on Quail. St. Joe's in Denver had sent the referral and Gardens on Quail had accepted him. We didn't look at any other centers because we were so pleased. Then on the day he is to be discharged 15 minutes before the transport arrives, Gardens on Quail refuses to accept him! This sent my family into a tailspin and greatly upset my dad. I left message after message with various people at Gardens on Quail with not single one returning my calls. I am absolutely disgusted by the unprofessionalism of this facility and the cold-heartedness of its administration. Avoid this facility like the plague.

A Nice Place!

The staff at this community is great. they take care of my loved one the way that I would. I do however don't like that the staff does not keep me updated on my loved ones changes and needs. The community offers a lot of activities, but they do not ask my loved one if they want to participate. My loved one is getting adjusted to the community and to the staff. They also provide awesome food. I would recommend them to my family.

A+ for us

My husband was in the 24 hr a day nursing. I found the staff friendly and sincere in their work. The rooms are very calming and peaceful with outside views. Everything was A+, thank you Quail.

personal care here!

The physical and occupational therapy is excellent here-
I had excellent therapists!

Nursing care is excellent - I felt very taken care of.

Maintenance man was very efficient in fixing my refrigerator and phone and did a great job transporting me to the doctor.

Housekeeping was great - my room was always very clean.

Activities were offered but I chose not to attend.

Very good choice for elderly people

Very nice building and furnishings. Recently expanded its
offerings so the operation gives the feeling of not yet being fully utilized at this time . Very friendly, polite and helpful staff. Some seem to be just learning their jobs in the medical side of elder care but they do an excellent job.

If you have to go, it was a good place to be

My husband was there in 24 hr nursing. I only got to really meet [Removed] RN and [Removed] on the swing shift. Both were great. Watching the staff in other "neighborhoods" interact with their charges, was with kindness and compassion. The rooms were always clean and gave the sense of peace.

Friendly Staff

Community is nice. Staff is friendly, food is good. We had a bit of an issue with the care that is being provided but over all this place is decent.

BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!

My husband was there for rehab following a fall. The CNAs and nurses were very kind. However, he lost 18 lbs in 2 weeks and no one noticed. I had to ask his weight. He was also having swallowing issues. I did not hear from the doctor for entire 20 days he was in the facility. When I alerted his regular doctor about the sudden weight loss and swallowing, he had him transported to the hospital. My husband had several raging infections.--including one that is highly contagious. It should have been noticed by medical staff at Gardens on Quail. He suffered needlessly.

Things Are Well

Everything is going very well for my mother since her move to this community. The community immaculate and very clean looks great. We've had a few issues with the staff, but overall they are okay. She likes the food and the activities they offer. It is a really nice community that I would recommend.

2 months in

My Father has spent almost 2 months there so far. Everyone has been great. My father can be a very difficult person at times, but an example of how they're helping him is they have come up with creative ways to get him out of his room. He now eats in the dining room! Big stuff for him! He also has a small dog. The staff take great care of her with walks, etc. His dog has made the transition much easier for him. The only issue right now is some of the people that I really admire have left. I'm waiting to see who replaces them. Hope they are as good. Cost is a bit higher than others I looked at, but it is much more calm and relaxing than some of the other places that have something going on continually and can be very noisy.

Great Place!

I recommend the Gardens on Quail. They have met our needs favorably. It is an outstanding facility as transition between hospitalization, or acute care, and the next phase of either nursing care and/or independent living. The facility is beautiful and very clean. The staff, be it administrators, nurses, CNAs, and wait staff, provide knowledgeable, courteous, friendly, and respectful service to their patients. PT, OT, and speech therapy is scheduled six days a week, and based on patient ability. They offer recreational activities for their patients. The Gardens on Quail provide for all levels of care...from rehab to memory care. Currently, they are in the process of adding staff in continuing effort to meet the needs of their. patients.

Stress free family.

We have had our mom at this facility for 2 years. We have always loved the staff and the caring environment. In the past few months the facility has flourished and exceeded our expectations. Mom is more active and enjoying her life more than we have seen in years. The love that is shown here is next to none.

STOP. DO NOT MOVE FORWARD. MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE!

The facility is a travesty to the health and well being of the elderly. Expensive. $10,000.00/mo. for 72 inches. Staff to patient ratios are not as stated in their literature. Medical negligence occurs hourly. I am afraid for both my family member and the care of the other 59 potential residence who are currently residing in this horrific institution. If you love your family member, then do not admit them to this facility.

Melissa Blaydes

We are sorry to hear you have had a poor experience at Gardens on Quail. As a community built on relationships and a Medicare 5 star rated facility, we strive to provide a high quality of care each and everyday. We would welcome a conversation to talk about your concerns in detail and hope to have this opportunity. Please contact our Executive Director at [removed] at your earliest convenience. Thank you for taking the time to help us understand your concerns more clearly.

Wonderful!

"When somebody has to be in this type of facility for whatever reason, this is the place to be. Wonderful people to care for you. Everyone is positive and will meet your every need with a great deal of compassion and a great deal of humor where appropriate. The food is way too good. I told chef the other day that he was going to have to buy me a new wardrobe if I gained a lot of weight. The food was delicious and very fresh and healthy. I ate everything except the fork and knife! And what really impressed me is when shopping was done to get me some frozen yogurt since I cannot eat ice cream!!!"

Really helpful staff

We were able to go over and have a tour the same day as we were needing to find care for our family member.
The guide was very helpful (Terry, I think) as was the director, Anne, who contacted us quickly, was caring and compassionate, and had our family member evaluated within a day or two. I said great for care and activities but I can't really say much about either since I only had a tour of the facilities.

As these facilities go, the building is 5 star in appearance. Very beautiful , no expense spared. However , the facility's management team (apparently) is very average for the industry, which is to say, pitiful. Very high staff turnover rate , and often understaffed. Poor staff retention. I can't tell you how many different nurses, CNA's and kitchen staff we met during our stay . See them once and then never see them again. You can't fault the people that are working there, there just arent enough of them for such a facility. For the exorbitant fees charged (among the highest in Colorado), one would and should expect better. Just my two cents.

Look elsewhere - this place is substandard

My father was in their care for more than 2 weeks. On several occasions he would use his cell phone to call us because no one was responding to his call button. On TWO occasions we found that his call button was unplugged from the wall, (not something he could have done himself) And when I asked if some sort of alert would go off if a call button gets unplugged the response was, "I don't know but that sounds like something we should have" On at least 3 occasions my husband and I used his call button and waited for more than 20 minutes for someone to respond. Even as I walked the halls I would hear people calling out from their rooms for help, (maybe their call buttons were unplugged too) CNA were nice but clearly overworked and understaffed. Nurses would not help with CNA duties, (getting into/out of bed, etc) We took him out of the facility early because he was not getting adequate care. The place looks pretty but I wouldn't consider placing anyone you care about into Gardens on Quail.

Thank you Staff at The Gardens!! Wonderful!!

This facility is state of the art!! My Mom is staying here as she recovers from a broken hip. We were given a tour by the incredible Terri (Concierge) prior to my Mom coming here and she reassured us that ANYTHING we ever needed for my Mom would be taken care of. She was absolutely right! My Mom has the most incredible therapists! She was evaluated by a PT and OT within 24 hours of arrival and all therapies have been delivered 1-3 times a day by PT's, OT's, COTA's and PTA's. They also offer Speech-Language services. There are living room family areas in all of the neighborhoods and we felt very welcome (and a part of therapy!) There are tv's, small refrigerators and microwaves in each room. The CNA's and Nurses are fantastic!! I must give a HUGE shout out and thank you to Dena, Lindsey, Frankie and Jennifer!!! Outstanding service from these 4 ladies in particular!!!!! The activities that are offered are wonderful (movies, flower arranging, game day, etc). I can not say enough wonderful things about this rehab facility. One heads up.... My mom was a bit confused about why she was working on certain things during therapy. I think it is a great practice to include the patients in the rehab goal setting and planning. That way, the therapists could know what is most important to the patient and collaborate and share goals. A small detail in an extraordinary facility!! Thank you so much for all that you are doing for my Mom!!!

Horrible!!

Horrible horrible horrible!! Not enough staff!! My father was there for two weeks and smelled the entire time!! We had to shower and shave him! Never has he smelled before! No one checked on him or took care of him! No communication between shifts at all!! They allowed my father with dementia in the rehab ward to wander aimlessly and he got on the elevator and went down to the front doors!! The orderly told me when I asked where he was! I was in shock! He was moved to a much better and SAFE CLEAN place! Stay away from here!!

Good Workers Horrible Management

Great group of Nurses/CNA's, but terribly hindered by the poor management and lack of training on systems. This results in inconsistent care as patient status/information does not seem to pass from one shift to the next. Their systems or lack of training on systems seems to be responsible for this issue.
You Must Advocate for you family member and confirm all medication changes as their systems/training on systems (again) do not seem to provide employees with ability to get accurate medicine details.
Absolutely shocked by the management team's excuses and lack of taking responsibility. Was actually told by facility director that is was our responsibility to take a walker to offsite appointments that they transported our family member to.

Melissa Blaydes

We are so sorry to hear you had a poor experience while you or your loved one was here. We have recently changed our management team and management company. We are implementing systems and training to provide quality of care and services. We welcome your feedback if you would like to contact our new Executive Director at [removed] to share your concerns.

One one staff Person on site all night long so patients can wait over an hour to have a request for assistance reply. This is unbelievable and everyone's nightmare about assisted living and rehabilitation centers. The Medicare site also see this facility as a "below average" facility for meeting the needs of clients. I would stay away if you care for your relative.

Gardens on Quail

Thank you for your feedback.
Gardens on Quail strives to provide the highest quality nursing care. We offer a state of the art computerized call light system and have an average wait time of less than 5 minutes. Our overnight staffing consists of 4 C.N.A's and 2 R.N's.

Money hungry

I was so excited to find this establishment. When it first opened it was Silverado and now that it has changed its name the rent there went from $178 to $189 and now we just got a letter stating it will go up to $215 per day. A difference of $5518 a month for a 31day month to $6665. So thats a $1,147 difference per month in 2 years. This is for the shared small bedroom suite. Ridiculous!!!!!!!!! We have decided that we need to move our mother because she pays privately. Shame on "The Gardens at Quail"

Gardens on Quail

Based on the all inclusive pricing and level of service we provide to our residents, we found after a 2014 market analysis that we were below market value and made rate changes to accommodate services provided. Thank You for your feedback.

Review of Silverado Denver Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Arvada, CO

Beautiful setting easy to find.

Silverado Representative

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We hope to be a trusted resource for you in the future.

More institutional and very expensive

This was my second choice, it was a little bit more institutional and i liked a more homey feel, it was also more expensive, way out of my parents price range, but it was a very ncie facility

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comments! We appreciate your feedback.

Gardens On Quail Rehabilitation Suites & Memory Care Assisted Living exists to focus on the philosophy described as:

"Gardens on Quail exists to enrich the quality of life for clients, residents, guests, families and associates."

The Gardens On Quail is a Medicare ranked 5-Star community that provides a unique solution to those looking for either short-term rehabilitation, long term care, or memory care assisted living. The professionals on our skilled floor offer short-term nursing and rehabilitation after your hospital stay and before returning home. We offer beautiful accommodations, 24 hour nursing care, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, and fine dining in a state-of-the art community.

In addition, we have a memory care assisted living that provides care in a beautiful surrounding with extras not found in most assisted living communities including a full time social worker, 24 hour nursing care and a medical director to mention a few.