Arden Courts - Wilmington - Wilmington, DE

Tough Transition, But Overall A Nice Facility

It has been a tough transition for my wife, and I with her move into this community. She has been in many community's, but I do feel she is receiving the care she needs finally. She is doing well, and they are taking good care of her, and her needs. I don't think I'am ever going to be comfortable with her living in a community, but I do feel she is safe, and in good community.

The staff are very friendly and welcoming. Weekend care is not as comprehensive as during the workweek, which I suspect is a result of limited supervision. As with all facilities of this type, the family must be diligent in overseeing the care of your loved one.

HCRCares HCRCares

Thanks for sharing William. If you had any concerns you'd like to discuss, please contact our Care Line by calling [removed] or emailing [removed].

It is good, but not great

The care givers were very friendly as was the staff. The facilities are OK, yet there is inadequate the supervision when the patients roam the facilities. My wife lost a cardigan , a 14kt gold ring with 3 birthstones and her glasses ( $ 210).
To top it off. the contract stated from May 4 though May 19. I paid in full. Then when I took her out a day early I got billed for an extra day. Must be new math.

Very tiny and small.

This is strictly an Alzheimers community. It was tiny, very small. Essentially all they had was a living room and the clients rooms. If we were just looking at money this place didn't have an admission fee and their price included everything, even the supplies. But it was just way too small.

Injury to my mother not reported

short term respite minimum 1 week accepted which is nice and hard to find. First stay no problem. Mother came home was very happy had pleasant stay. Second stay when I went to pick her up I noticed she had a black eye. No one in the facility seemed to have noticed it prior to me pointing it out (although it was quite noticeble) and no one could tellme what happened. there was no report written by the previous night's caregiver. Several people had been with my mother including the marketing director but they claimed not to have noticed the big black eye. After a few days I was given a report that she fell in her room possibly going to the bathroom. no explanation as to why no report was written or why no one noticed or questioned the injury. I was really dissapointed because I really like the facility and my mom seemed to like it too. Not sure if I will take her back.

Have talked to them and they do not a...

Have talked to them and they do not accept Medicaid.

Arden Courts of Wilmington was designed exclusively for individuals in early-to-mid stages of Alzheimer's disease. Arden Courts offers all the services normally associated with an assisted living facility, however, the services have been modified to take into account the unique needs of the Alzheimer's resident. Special attention has been given to physical building layout, safety and decor. Modified activity and food service programs focus on preferences, abilities and, most importantly, maintaining independence for as long as possible. Residents are encouraged to continue whatever activities they were used to doing at home - setting the table or preparing for dinner, doing laundry, gardening in the backyard, or going out for social and community activities. All this is accomplished in a warm, friendly, familiar and safe setting supervised by people specially trained to care for those with Alzheimer's disease.