Arden Courts of Kenwood - Cincinnati, OH

Best Memory Care

We transferred my mother to this facility after she was slapped by an aide at Madonna Manor in Villa Hills, KY. We could not find a facility in Kentucky that could accommodate her needs since she is currently in the advanced stages of Alzheimer's. ( Even places that claim to excel in Alzheimer care were honest to say that she required too much care for their facility. I told them they should stop saying they provide Alzheimer care.) We could not be more pleased with her care at Arden Courts of Kenwood. In her former facility, she could only walk down one hall and she would come to a locked door. Now there are so many places for her to go ( four complete households) and the residents are never hanging around a locked door. Most don't even know there is a locked door. The surroundings are homey and pleasant and very clean. No odors. The staff goes above and beyond to care for the residents. It is so nice to be able to picnic outside in the summer and walk along the trail and see the birds and wildlife. There is so much programming for residents, all aimed at keeping their minds sharp and allowing for participation or observation, depending on what is possible for the resident. Seasonally, families are invited to come to participate in a fun activity with their loved one - whether it is a band coming in to play hits of the past, or a western dance complete with barbecue, or a luau. We are paying no more for all these services than we did at Madonna Manor. Programming such as this did not exist at Madonna Manor. We only wish we had made this the first choice. We travel to see mom, but it is worth it. We decided that we would put her in the best place for her, not the most convenient place for us.
[name removed]

Good Tour, But Didn't Meet All Our Needs

This is a pretty nice community, and my tour of it was nice one. From what I saw they do a good job keeping the community well-kept. The staff was pleasant. I didn't have any problems, everything went well. I didn't feel this community met all my husbands needs, but my tour went well.

Dehydrated

My aunt was a resident of Alden Court, while there she was able to walk and get outside, but she stopped eating and drinking and this went unnoticed until she fainted. She wad dehydrated and it went unnoticed. She died in a matter of days, I feel like this could have been prevented if they had taken better care of her.

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Arden Courts of Kenwood seemed like a nice enough place overall. The staff here were friendly and professional, and I liked the family atmosphere that the community had. The facility itself was a little older than some similar options we saw, and didn't quite have the same bright cheery feel. But the people here seemed well cared for!

extremely helpful

My father had a medical episode and we had to find a place for him very fast. The staff was extremely helpful and really went out of the way to help out.

The place is very well kept and immaculately clean. I am a facility manager and I know what it takes to keep a place like this clean and have a very keen eye for such and trust me, they do an excellent job in this regard.

On the downside, they let one of his medicines run completely out before we even knew that it was low. As far as maintaining his meds, that was a definite disappointment.

Friendly and communicative staff

So far things have gone very well with Arden Courts of Kenwood! It's a very nice looking, clean community, and the staff have all been very friendly! They're polite, helpful, and so far they've been great about communication. We really appreciate how they'll call us to give us an update about even minor changes to her care or medications.

Welcome to Arden Courts, an assisted living center especially designed for residents with Alzheimer's disease or related memory impairments. Our campus comprises four ''houses'' surrounding a central community area that includes a beauty/barber shop and program area. Each house has 15 private bedrooms, a living room, dining room, kitchen, full bath with shower room, and laundry. Our caring staff is committed to maintaining residents' dignity and providing comfort and a sense of belonging in a safe, secure environment. Enclosed, secured courtyards offer residents the independence to enjoy the outside with a feeling of safety.