Beautiful & upscale
Very friendly staff
Many activities & amenities

Kimberly Pound

Thank you so much! We really appreciate your feedback!

I have only lived here about two and a half months but I have found it to be very warm and welcoming. The care and attention is exceptional. The meals are well pleased. The activities are well thought out and very enjoyable. I feel very comfortable, safe and at home. A place I am going to be happy and content.

Kimberly Pound

Thank you for your thoughtful review! We are all pleased that you feel so welcome as a new resident. We strive to make sure all new residents have the red carpet treatment as they acclimate to the community.

Excellent, caring staff. Good educational programs. Friendly residents. Located in a safe environment.

Kimberly Pound

Thank you Dr. Tichane! It has been a pleasure having you as a resident!

My loved one currently lives at Appleridge. I could not be more pleasant that she is there. The atmosphere is so inviting and the staff are so nice and always willing to help. My mind has been put at ease knowing my loved one is happy and safe at Appleridge.

Kimberly Pound

Wow! What a wonderful testimonial! We are happy that we are able to provide the safety and security for your loved one in a warm and friendly environment! Thank you!

Appleridge is a beautiful community! There are many activities to participate in and several amenities to make life easier on the residents.

Kimberly Pound

Thank you! We appreciate your feedback!

Appleridge Senior Living Review

I seldom -- very seldom -- give a top rating, but in the case of Appleridge Senior Living I do so with enthusiasm and conviction. On the loss of my father to cancer in 2015, my mother was recovering -- reluctantly -- from a tibial fracture and was struggling with compliance with her rehabilitation through all of the trauma. She lived in a large, lovely home in New Jersey and was committed to staying there, though that option was the least safe and the least likely to help her with successful recovery and fill her life with activity and stimulation. I thought at the time that the best route was to take the lead and do all that I thought was right. I had spent my entire career in healthcare delivery administration, and had the pleasure of becoming familiar with the amenities and commitment to independence and vibrant health one finds at Appleridge through professional contacts. We decided to sell the New Jersey home as soon as was possible, and the move to Appleridge, where my mother would be 10 minutes away from my home in the Southern Tier of NY. I knew she really needed and deserved the most luxurious accommodations and the best of services. She was accustomed to the best in dining and living. When we rented her new apartment, we got just that at a reasonable price, but with the kind of personal service that is unduplicated in any region where I researched living arrangements. Every day 24/7. Still she did not want to go, and we suffered through the departure, with me still believing without reservation that this was best for her mind, her health and her safety. Fast forward a year and a half . . . actually, fast forward about a week from move in and the extraordinary staff, wonderful daily variety of activities and first class attention and service completely convinced her that she was where she really wanted to be. Her sadness all but disappeared and her environment inspired a real renaissance in her life -- she chose that path. A year and a half later she has a whole group of friends and believes Appleridge is the only and best place to live. I am thrilled and so is she. So please believe me when I tell you, I always know she is safe and that she always has attentive friends and professional staff and plenty of stimulating activities to choose from when she doesn't want to read at home. But most importantly, because I love her so very much, I am so grateful to have her living at Appleridge. Kudos to your exceptional staff.

Tour went Well

This is a nice facility, and my tour of it went well.

Kimberly Pound

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your feedback and we are glad your tour went well!

Appleridge Senior Living - Horseheads, NY

Tis is a caring community with professional staff as well as a friendly dining area which helps residents make the transition to living in an apartment complex from homeowner living. Recreation is well planned and interesting. Living here still allows private time as well as a very active schedule. It is located in an area close to shopping, medical clinics, & churches. I am happy here and so is my family.

Kimberly Pound

Thank you so much for your kind and compassionate review. We are so pleased to read your thoughts regarding the staff and activities. It's excellent news that you and your family are happy to be here! The Appleridge community is lucky to have you as a resident!

Appleridge Senior Living - Horseheads, NY

This place is great. I haven't been this happy in 10 years. My wife died from cancer in root.

Kimberly Pound

Thank you for the heartfelt review! We are so pleased to know that this is the happiest you have been in the past 10 years. Our condolences on the passing of your wife.

Appleridge is a friendly, caring community. The residents look out for each other as well as the friendly, caring staff.
I’m impressed with the activities that are offered & participate as much as possible.
The maintenance department takes excellent care of the buildings and grounds.
I’m happy here.

Kimberly Pound

Thank you for this incredible feedback. The Appleridge staff is proud to see this feedback and we are pleased that you are impressed with the activities as well as the maintenance. The best part is that you live in a "friendly, caring community" and you are "happy here." We couldn't ask for anything more! You are an amazing asset to our community!

Great facility, great people, great activities, great food.

Kimberly Pound

Wonderful to hear this amazing feedback! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Pleasant surroundings - “Excellent staff” – always helpful – Feeling safe & secure.

Kimberly Pound

Thank you for your thoughtful input regarding the Appleridge community. We are pleased to hear that the staff and your surroundings meet your needs. It is also so important that you feel safe and secure in your home.

Excellent. Impression. Facility is “Spotless”. Fits my life style.

Kimberly Pound

Thank you Mr. Petermann, you bring such a positive attitude and energy to the community. You are truly an asset to the community and we are ecstatic that we fit your lifestyle.

I enjoy coming to work every day. The employees and residents are all very nice. It makes working here very pleasant.

Kimberly Pound

We would like to thank you for your feedback! We love to hear that you enjoy working here every day which translates a positive atmosphere for residents and staff alike!

Never knew & could like is such a beautiful place. Friendly people, nice working staff.

Kimberly Pound

Thanks Bea so much for your kind and thoughtful words. You bring so much to the community with your lively personality and incredible dance moves!

We entertain seniors at forty different centers in RI and PA. My husband is a big band singer. Appleridge is outstanding! The residents are so happy and outgoing! The activity direction Marci Rice and her staff are caring and treat the residents like family!

Kimberly Pound

Thank you for your thoughtful sentiment. It's an amazing compliment to know that you consider our community to be "outstanding." The residents and staff together make this a great place to live!

My aunt livid here at one time, everyone on staff is so informative and helpful. The place always so neat and clean. Pets are also allowed which was a huge plus for my aunt.
Highly recommend Appleridge senior living.

Kimberly Pound

We would like to thank you for your feedback and stating that you would highly recommend Appleridge! We understand the benefits of seniors having pets and the companionship and camaraderie they bring to the community. We are happy to hear this was a "huge plus" for your aunt!

Appleridge a community where individual/apartments give security and freedom to live individually plus providing many activities to take part in a wide variety of interests are offered to provide all residents with choices to participate & learn new knowledge of the world around them. The staff are top notch, helping quickly & friendly and positively no matter how large or small the task.

Kimberly Pound

It's wonderful to know you understand Appleridge provides residents with a choice to participate in activities to enhance their life, with the freedom to live individually. This is an important piece to the independent community lifestyle offering socialization, friendships and ultimately a healthier lifestyle. We appreciate your feedback regarding the staff being "top notch." The staff at Appleridge works towards this goal each and every day!

My in-laws are currently looking for a community that provides amenities & services (e.g. Meals, transportation). We toured Appleridge recently & were overwhelmed at how beautiful & well-kept this community is. Everyone from staff to residents were very friendly and inviting. The model apartment we saw was spacious and they were happy to know they could each have their own bedroom & bathroom. We’ve toured several local places but nothing comes close in comparison. We signed the lease that day! I feel good knowing they are in a community like this!

Kimberly Pound

It's rewarding to hear this feedback that our community has provided exactly what we strive for each and every day... a "beautiful and well-kept community" and "friendly and inviting" atmosphere.
The Appleridge community is a unique retirement community and a great choice for anyone looking for independent senior living.

My mother has lived here for almost a year and there is not a bad thing to say about Appleridge. We love it!!!

Kimberly Pound

Thank you so much! It's great to hear such wonderful feedback!

Great community for residents with activities throughout day and week. The residents make great friendships they look out for one another. A wonderful place to work! My job is all hands on; nothing better to serve others than in this way!

Kimberly Pound

Thank you so much Connie! It's wonderful to hear that you enjoy working here. Your commitment and dedication helps to make Appleridge feel like home to our residents!

Review of Appleridge Senior Living - Horseheads, NY

I will be in this facility 1 year in October. I am very happy here. I have a lovely apartment and it is home. Many activities to choose from. Great staff for all activities. Making new friends all the time.

Kimberly Pound

Thank you Dot for your kind words. It's wonderful to know that you are happy here, loving your apartment and that it feels like home. It's great to know you feel there is a variety of activities and that you are making friends all the time. We understand how vital those connections can be.

Review of Appleridge Senior Living - Horseheads, NY

Appleridge has individual apartments but small community wings where folks get together and conversations and friendships are formed. Staff are outstanding - happy and helpful. Lots of activities and choices to choose from.

Kimberly Pound

Thank you for your amazing feedback. It's so great to know that Appleridge brings people together and creates friendships. This is such an important piece to our community lifestyle. It's wonderful to hear that the staff is outstanding and that there are lots of activities as well. You and your husband are truly an asset to our community!

My in Laws Are Well Here

My in laws is doing great here at this community. It was a bit of an adjustment for them, they are doing well. The community looks beautiful. They do a very good job keeping everything well maintained. The staff is very good. There are many activities. The meals are good for the most part. I know they are safe and in good hand here. Everything has worked out well for us here.

Kimberly Pound

We are so pleased to know that your in laws are doing well here! There is normally a short adjustment period when residents acclimate to the community. The staff is trained to assist new residents in giving them the "red carpet treatment" to help them feel at home. We appreciate your thoughtful words!

Review of Appleridge Senior Living - Horseheads, NY

After living alone for two years with no close neighbors I had become depressed. When I came here to an open house, my first impression was, "This is home." All the staff from office personnel to maintenance were so open and friendly, and the residents reached out to welcome me. I know this is home for me, and I would recommend this place to anyone.

Kimberly Pound

This really hits home regarding the impact community style living can have for seniors. It is the quality of life that matters the most and its incredible to see people thrive in this type of environment. The best part is when residents refer to Appleridge as "home." Thank you so much for this heartfelt review!

Nice place

Overall I think they do a good job at Appleridge Senior living, we're pleased with how things have turned out! It's a nice looking, clean facility, and the people all seem very friendly. My loved one has settled in well and is enjoying herself here!

Kimberly Pound

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so glad to hear that Appleridge is a nice looking, clean and friendly place to live and most importantly that your loved one is enjoying herself!

Beautiful location

Beautiful location. Apts very nice, several sizes, many amenities.

Kimberly Pound

We truly appreciate your feedback and it helps us to understand what residents love about our community. Thank you!

Appleridge - Horseheads, NY

Very impressed with facility and activities. Residents seemed friendly. Nice assortment of apartment. Good snacks!

Kimberly Pound

Thank you for the wonderful review. We truly appreciate your feedback and it's great to know that we are providing a 5 star worthy service to our residents. We love that we have "good snacks" too!

Can't enough good things!!!

So first of all I NEVER rate anyone or anything as perfect...but in the case of Appleridge, I just had to. The facility is physically lovely, the staff from the reception to maintenance to marketing are all friendly and professional and go above and beyond to ensure your family member is happy and comfortable. As for value, my Aunt was in another facility in upstate NY and paid a comparable amount of money for nothing but one room and a bath. few activities or events, no apartment style living, no caring attentive staff. I cannot say enough positive things about Appleridge!

Kimberly Pound

Wow! This is an incredible review and we can't thank you enough for rating us as "perfect." The staff at Appleridge strives to go "above and beyond" to create an environment that allow residents to feel at home. We appreciate your sincerity and value your opinion!

Appleridge

Excellent facility. It addresses "all" needs -- very impressive.

Kimberly Pound

The staff at Appleridge would like to extend a warm thank you for your thoughtful review. It's great to hear that we "address all needs." We are happy to have you both in our community and you are both a wonderful asset!

Great place for your loved one

My family is very thankful for Appleridge. My mother was not herself after losing my father. We went for a tour at Appleridge and they were very welcoming with open arms to help my mother. She has made many friends with all who work and live there. I can not thank them enough for helping my family find my mother again. She is very happy and thankful for everyone at Appleridge.

Kimberly Pound

Your mom has really blossomed here at Appleridge and is an incredible asset to our community. She has made so many friends, participates in many activities and is a real social butterfly. She truly embodies the meaning of a community lifestyle and we are so happy to have her here. Thank you for your incredible review!

Clean, friendly place to live

This is such a great place. It provides my father with the socialization that he needs. The staff is wonderful & provides such a friendly fun place to live.

The Right Move

At 93, our family knew it was time to move our mother out of her home and into an apartment in senior housing. Now we know she is well taken care of, eating wonderful meals regularly, and engaged in social activities daily. Her overall adjustment has been terrific and our family knows we made the correct choice moving her to Appleridge. The staff is attentive and very responsive to all inquiries or requests.

My parents are flourishing!

My parents moved in to Appleridge Senior Living in August 2014. I can honestly say I have seen them both flourish over these last 7 months. They really enjoy the activities offered and have both started exercising and walking. I know they are taking their medications correctly as an aide comes in every morning and night to dispense. They really enjoy going to dinner every night and the social aspects. Since neither one drives, they have used the services of going to grocery stores and even on "field trips." I know they are safe and happy and still living independently and enjoying life and all the new friends they have made!

Ann leaves the building

My grandmother loved living at Appleridge. It took her some time to warm up, but at the end of her stay she really felt "at home"! She was heart broken to leave all of her friends and the staff that were such a wonderful part of her daily life. Thank you for providing such a caring and compassionate environment for my grandmother to enjoy her senior years!
The family support provided throughout the years really helped us build a sense of trust and belonging to the Appleridge Community. We really enjoyed the events that we could come and participate in. I enjoy staying updated with the emails, apple core and the facebook posts. Thank you for EVERYTHING!!!!

the right move

My mom was very nervous about moving to Appleridge since she wanted to stay in the house she has lived in for over 30 years. She had fallen a few times at home and we thought it was best for her to move somewhere that she could be independent but was safe and secure. We made the right choice! Mom is a social butterfly and she loves the entertainment, activities and having dinner with her friends. She has really blossomed and its amazing to see her so happy! This is certainly not a lifestyle she could have obtained by staying in her home. The Appleridge community and staff are wonderful and very accommodating!

dissappointed

While apple ridge is a clean well kept place, the care provided for residence is quite poor. Certain staff are rude and uncaring and can't be bothered to help out the resident or family members. It is mostly just lip service. There is very little communication with concerned family members and administration seems to be more annoyed that you are bothering them as opposed to helping solve a problem. They are bullies who like to find fault with residents rather than comfort them. Also, the food served is poor at best

Kimberly Pound

Thank you for alerting us! It’s very disappointing to receive a comment like this. We work very diligently to offer a wonderful place for seniors to reside. Appleridge Senior Living is retirement community and does not contract any healthcare. However, there is a Home Care Agency on site that is owned and operated completely separate from Appleridge. I’m uncertain if this review is directed to the Home Care Agency staff and management or the Appleridge staff and management? I will investigate the concerns you have raised in this review. As always, please feel free to reach out to me directly if you ever have any questions or comments, or if there is anything I can do to help remedy your experience.
Sincerely,
Landy Chapple
Director of Marketing & Sales
[removed] x6670

Flexible Retirement Living

Our mother has been a resident of Appleridge Senior Living for 2-1/2 years. About half of her residency was spent in an independent living apartment and the second half in an apartment in their Crispin Hill wing, that provides assisted living support. Our mother's husband of nearly 40 years fell ill and had to leave their home and move into a skilled nursing facility nearby. She was crushed at the news and horribly depressed at the thought of living alone. She wanted to relocate to a place where there were people around and things to do; a place where she could feel safe, have people nearby to socialize with, things to do and meals provided. Appleridge fit that bill and we moved her a few months later. She enjoyed the camaraderie of sitting in the lobby, watching people come and go and always having someone to visit with. She felt very safe and secure, as did we, with the security monitors and the "link" fob she could use in an emergency to get help. Bingo and Bible study were her favorite events.

The caring staff helped us find assistance with her morning meds when the need arose, but her mobility and memory began failing and they encouraged us to consider moving her to their assisted living apartments. It took a few months and a hospitalization (followed by rehab) to convince us it was the right thing to do, but she's much happier with the extra assistance and the "open door" environment that allows her to visit with passers-by. She raves about the food and the staff; we, too, are very pleased with the quality and variety of the meals, the number of activities available and the caring staff. The move to Crispin Hill was the right move at the right time and the nursing staff is accessible and on top of things, working with us to give our mother the best care possible.

We would not hesitate to recommend the facilities at Appleridge for anyone considering such a move. It's the right place for active seniors who just want relief from home ownership headaches or for those who find they are lonely and want to be in a welcoming environment with lifestyle options. As a resident, you can choose from a number of regularly-scheduled activities both on-site and off-site, optional transportation services, special events, along with numerous clubs, crafts, music, movies, exercise options and more....or you can do your own thing. Same with meals: prepare your own, eat one, two or three times a day in the dining room or buy an occasional meal ticket for those times when you don't feel like cooking or going out to eat. Housekeeping and other optional services can also be provided. The facility is secure, clean, well appointed and there is always someone around to help if you have questions or need assistance. The staff is proud of their facility and it's obvious that they like what they do. I've heard people comparing life at Appleridge to "living in a suite in a 4-star hotel". It definitely was the best choice for our mother and we are glad we made the decision to move her to Appleridge.

Pat N,
The staff at Appleridge thanks you for your amazing testimonial! We truly appreciate it! You mentioned many of the unique features that Appleridge has to offer and how these features allows residents to age in place. The Appleridge staff takes pride in each of their roles to provide a safe, caring and comfortable environment for all residents. We understand that the initial transition to move is an adjustment for everyone and we work with the resident and family members to create a plan to make it a smooth process. We are very pleased that your mom is happy in her home here at Appleridge!

Our Mom is happy---that is what matters

The recent move of our mother to the Appleridge Senior Living community has been wonderful for all of the family. She was welcomed with a great many smiling faces and has met many new friends and has reconnected with several old friends that she had not seen in many years.
The level of care and the attention that is paid to the residents every need is truly wonderful. We have not seen our mother this busy and happy and enjoying herself in years.
As a family, we feel confident that she is in a safe and nurturing enviornment which allows the rest of us to have peace of mind .
We all get great satisfaction knowing that our loved one is in good hands and in a lovely facility such as Appleridge.

Georgia,
Thank you so much for your kind words and sentiment. The Appleridge staff is very pleased that your family has peace of mind knowing your mom is in a safe and secure environment. It is wonderful that she is happy and was able to reconnect with old friends and make new friends as well! At Appleridge we do our best to accommodate the residents, providing a safe and caring environment while giving residents the independence they desire!

Appleridge is First Rate

We have found Appleridge to be a wonderful place for our Mom, who, into her nineties, needed to get away from the challenges of single home ownership and maintenance. After an initial adjustment period that is typical for most people of her age, she has grown to agree that the move here was beneficial and wise. The staff is uniformly helpful and friendly. The other residents are also welcoming and friendly. The property is kept in excellent condition inside and out, and the panoramic views of the Chemung Valley are breathless. The management staff is always responsive when there are questions. On the few occasions that some level of greater care is needed, the nursing staff has provided a cost efficient and timely help. We did some looking, and we are not aware of any better place than Appleridge within a hundred miles for senior living, and we are proud and happy to have Mom there.

R Van Brunt,
The Appleridge staff is very appreciative of your wonderful comments about our community. Your mom has been an amazing addition to our community, regularly attending activities and events. We are delighted that you are proud and happy to have your mom living here at Appleridge!

A wonderful place

Appleridge Senior Living is a wonderful place for any person or family member who is interested in the availability of activities, sweet people and lovely accommodations.
If you should need to move to another location within Appleridge (due to physical restrictions), they are very willing to help you move and settle in.
It may take a person a few months to settle in or longer. It depends on the desire of the person. Appleridge does everything in its power to make a person feel at home.
The housing is superb and it feels like a resort.
A wonderful place to retire to in the area.

Kimberly Pound

The Appleridge staff thanks you for your kind and thoughtful comments. We are ecstatic to know that you feel Appleridge is a wonderful place to retire and its like a resort! Most importantly you stated that the staff cares about the residents and "does everything in its power to make a person feel at home." That speaks volumes!

They have a number of activities.

They have a number of activities. She does like food. And I have eaten there and it is good. Overall I have been very impressed the people, they are very friendly, both the workers and the residents. We felt like they provided a good level of care and were reasonable.

Conveniently located just off I-86, at the Southern gateway to the Finger Lakes region, Appleridge Senior Living is a premier retirement community , with 112 luxury apartments situated on 22 acres of resort style living. Residents enjoy a selection of apartment styles with choice of a spacious one or two bedroom apartments with or without den in a secure, attractive community. The Appleridge community offers privacy and is only minutes from shopping, services and area attractions. Appleridge customizes everything to specifically meet the resident’s needs including dining and housekeeping options, wellness and exercise programs and transportation. Small pets are allowed. Our well appointed common spaces include a Events and Theater Room, Fitness Center, Salon, Clubhouse, Cafe and Library with low vision reading magnifier. Make an appointment to take a tour today and experience what elegant senior living is all about!