The Courtyards at Bethany Village - Horseheads, NY

• Rehabilitation
  • On-site physical therapy

Orchard Park in the Courtyards has two 15 resident secured access assisted living units. Each unit is private and has ample room for home furnishings to be brought in, a closet, a few dresser drawers, and a large handicapped BR. Doors into the hallway were open and residents were just finishing lunch as we toured. This unit is small in size, and more closely approximates the distance between the living room and kitchen in our parent's home. The small unit with such open space rates this as our first choice.

Sharon Casler

Thank you for your rating! We strive to offer a cozy and homey environment for our residents!

Clean community

The Courtyards at Bethany Village is a nice and clean community. We know we made the best choice for our needs. The staff does a good job of providing care for my mother-in-law. They provide activities and try to encourage the residents to participate. The community is well-kept. We feel satisfied that she is in a safe and secure environment at The Courtyards at Bethany Village.

Sharon Casler

Thank you for your wonderful review! We will do everything possible to make sure your mother-in-law is very happy here!

The Memory Care Unit consisted of a hallway of bedrooms and one common room. The bedroom looked like it had not been updated since the 1950's or 1960's. The environment seemed extremely confining.

Sharon Casler

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. The atmosphere does look a bit confining to the average person, however for those with memory issues it is comforting. We have found too large of an area with memory issues tends to feel too big and at times can leave them overwhelmed. There are 2 common rooms on each wing, one being a lounge which is set up as a living room style, and the kitchen with family tables, gathering area and a homey feel. The residents in memory care are also taken into other areas of The Courtyards for activities and other social events. We have been updating the wings one at a time, and being the secure wings, the memory care wings are usually full and require more disturbance and relocating of our residents in order to update. I am sorry your experience was not inviting. I am hoping you also were able to see the adult day club which we also hold programs for those who live at home and need some socialization and stimulation.

Second floor room!

My tour of The Courtyards at Bethany Village went well, we really liked the place. The building was clean, and the lady that took us around was very nice and knowlgable, she answered all of my questions. We would have picked this community if it wasn't for the fact that her room would have been on the second floor. She did not want to have to use the elevator every day.

Sharon Casler

Thank you for your response! We often fill up as we give room preference upon entering and rooms on floor 1 or 2 vary. We usually have at least one available on the first floor, and sorry we did not at the time. Thing change weekly however, and we currently do have availability on both floors! Thank you for your review!

I Had A Good Tour of This Community, But Not The Place for Us

I toured this community for my in law and their needs. It was a good tour. The community looked well-kept. From what I saw everything was nice and clean. The staff was good, they were nice and friendly. My in laws is still pretty independent, and this is a true assisted living community. It is a nice community for the right person.

Sharon Casler

Thank you for touring and your kind words! We will be here if you have any questions or when the need comes up!
Director of Marketing & Sales

It's a tough business. I couldn't exchange myself with the workers there and what they have to go through day after day. It's a thankless job and i'm glad it's there and it's helping a lot of people.

Sharon Casler

Thank You! Yes our staff works very hard and is very caring in their interaction with the residents. The residents love them!

The Courtyards is an Adult Assisted living facility licensed by New York State Dept. of Heath. With comfortable studio or suite apartment and private bath, our residents enjoy meals, lodging, housekeeping, personal care, and supervision services from an experienced caring staff. We promote independence and our residence enjoy daily social opportunities to promote friendships and maintain physical and mental health. Our Orchard view is one of the first adult homes with a special needs unit for dementia/memory caree granted by NY State dept of health