The Hearth at Castle Gardens - Vestal, NY

Avoid the Hearth

We had a terrible experience!
Management was awful- check out some employee reviews on line if you want to know how they really feel—-quite revealing!
I was appalled by the unprofessional attitude and behavior and lack of understanding by the so called leadership!!
Avoid this place!!!!

The Hearth

Hello, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. We'd like the opportunity to discuss this with you. Please reach out to us at [removed] at your earliest convenience to discuss how we can turn your experience into a positive one.
Thank you, Pam Stento, Executive Director

Review of The Hearth at Castle Gardens - Vestal, NY

My parents lived here for five years. Physically it is a nice facility – clean, homey and lots of windows. Staff is friendly and very competent. They truly seem to care about the residents. Over the five years we saw a change in the style of management. It has become very “corporate” minded and on-site management does not spend much of any time amongst the residents. Lack of understanding of fact that residents are their customers.

Review of The Hearth at Castle Gardens - Vestal, NY

Clean, efficiently run, good food, attitude of staff is helpful.

The Hearth

Hello, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at The Hearth at Castle Gardens. Thank you again for letting our team know how we did! Take care!

Review of The Hearth at Castle Gardens - Vestal, NY

Staff is courteous, eager to please and friendly.

The Hearth

Hello, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review! We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!

Review of The Hearth at Castle Gardens - Vestal, NY

I love living here. I feel safe and protected. There are many activities that I participate in. The food is very good and plenty of it. I love that my apartment is cleaned for me. What more could anyone want!

The Hearth

Hi, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care. We're glad to hear we delivered such a great experience. If there's anything further we can do for you, we are happy to help!

Review of The Hearth at Castle Gardens - Vestal, NY

The staff are always friendly, pleasant and accommodating. My meals and concerns are met in a timely manner. A good choice facilities for those able to attend.

The Hearth

Wow, we're glad you are having such a wonderful experience with us! If you're ever in need of more help, please let us know!

Review of The Hearth at Castle Gardens - Vestal, NY

Thank god every day that I live in this community. The building are very clean and well kept. The staff is very nice, very friendly. They know everyone’s first names. The food is very good. I saved about 30# the first year I was here. I like the activities. I am kept busy and mentally and physically.

The Hearth

Hello, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at The Hearth at Castle Gardens. Thank you again for leaving us this response!

No complaints.

The Hearth

Hi, thank you so much for the positive review!

Review of The Hearth at Castle Gardens - Vestal, NY

Everybody here is very nice – treat you like “Family”.
The activities are great.
If you ask to get something special - it is done before you know it. [Removed] are great.

The Hearth

Hi, thanks for your praise and kind comments about our team. Thank you so much again for your feedback! We hope you have a great day!

Review of The Hearth at Castle Gardens - Vestal, NY

The heart beat … of these United States.

The Hearth

Hello, thank you for the high star rating! We hope to see you soon!

Review of The Hearth at Castle Gardens - Vestal, NY

The Hearth is well maintained, public spaces clean and attractive, apartments the same – including my one – bedroom apartment which is attractive and comfortable. While I could easily have rated this community as “great”. I have rated if just blow “great” because I would appreciate an improvement in its menu – but all other services – van aides, telephone and TV, reception, planned activities etc. are great.

The Hearth

Hi, your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us. Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything. Have a wonderful day.

Review of The Hearth at Castle Gardens - Vestal, NY

This is a very nice place. The staff is very accommodating, in any activities, apartments are well maintained. The food service: quality, preparation, serving leaves something to be desired.

The Hearth

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at The Hearth at Castle Gardens. We're happy we could meet your expectations! If you're ever in need of more help, please let us know!

Review of The Hearth at Castle Gardens - Vestal, NY

My wife and I lived in this community last year. She passed on from Alzheimer’s disease last December. I plan to live at this community, and I find that the community meets my needs. I find the staff helpful and outgoing. Meals are more than satisfactory with some excellent. Housekeeping and laundry do very good work.

The Hearth

Hello, thank you for sharing your positive experience! We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!

Review of The Hearth at Castle Gardens - Vestal, NY

We like living here very much. We enjoy everyone who works and lives here.

Review of The Hearth at Castle Gardens - Vestal, NY

Costs: Seems competitive with extras involved (Bus)
Facilities: Well designed, constant improvements all upgrades, apartments and general areas maintained daily.
Staff all functions and services fully staffed with skilled and knowledgeable and helpful staff.
Food services: Meals are well planned and prepared. Good variety and choices, waiters and managers always pleasant!
Activities: The manager is very creative and committed to providing full range for all interests.
Management and Policies: Senior Manager is very capable and sensitive to group needs and comfort and safety.

The Hearth

Hi, your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us. Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

Review of The Hearth at Castle Gardens - Vestal, NY

After my dad died in June 2016 I has been a struggle for me with selling of the house. Everyone at the Hearth the staff has been wonderful to me as the employees and residents are like family to me. I am very happy here. So don’t let me down haha!

Review of The Hearth at Castle Gardens - Vestal, NY

Everybody is nice and easy to get along with. The employees all do a great job!!!

The Hearth

Hi, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care. Thank you again for the great review!

Review of The Hearth at Castle Gardens - Vestal, NY

We are happy living here. Staff is very kind and considerate.
Also we find the location very convenient. Very nice family.

The Hearth

Hi, we're happy you found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here at The Hearth at Castle Gardens. Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

Review of The Hearth at Castle Gardens - Vestal, NY

Pleasant personals work in this community. The food is plentiful and this place is kept clean.

Review of The Hearth at Castle Gardens - Vestal, NY

Mostly I think the residence and staff are lovely people and not only helpful but, like family.

The Hearth

Hi, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at The Hearth at Castle Gardens! Your positive review means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

Aides need some training

The food isn't very good and they tend not to give things like Boost or Ensure to the residents unless it it Dr ordered. They take things from your room and the aides some of which are very mean and without good skill. One incident was taking an elderly lady to a public restroom when the lady asked to go to her own bathroom 50 feet up the hall and the aide turned her around back to the area and said pee yourself then. Nice people ?

The Hearth

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is concerning to me and I would like the opportunity to discuss it with you further. We take our residents care and quality of life very seriously and strive to provide only the best. Please give me a call at [removed] to discuss further. Thank you, Pam Stento, Executive Director

Experience Has Gone Well

My mother is doing very well here at this community. I'am comfortable with the care she is receiving. The staff is caring for her very well. She is safe and in a good place. Overall the experience has been pleasant.

The Hearth

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy that your mother is doing well in our community and that you have had nothing but a pleasant experience with us at The Hearth at Castle Gardens! Please let me know if there is anything that I can do in the future for your mother or your family. Thanks again, Pam Stento, Executive Director

we LOVED this place..and think it might be best choice for our Dad

The Hearth

Thank you for your feedback and we are so looking forward to having your Dad and your family join our family at The Hearth at Castle Gardens! Please call me at [removed] if you have any additional questions. Thanks again! Pam Stento, Executive Director

My Mother Is Doing Amazing At This Community

My mother stays busy at this community. She really enjoys all the activities they available for the residents. She is doing very well here, and they have provided me with a peace of mind. I know she is safe and in good hands at this community. The community looks great, they do a very good job with keeping the community nice and clean. It has been a wonderful experience, and I would recommend it.

The Hearth

Thank you for your feedback and review! We are so happy to hear that your mother has had a positive experience at our community and is truly embracing our live more philosophy by staying active and engaged. Let us know if there is anything that we can do to continue to provide the best quality care and experience for her! Thanks again. Pam Stento, Executive Director

Nice and Friendly Community, Everything Has Worked Out Well

I'am very pleased with my mother's move to this community. They are taking good care of her and her needs. The community is very well maintained, they do a good job with keeping everything nice and clean. The staff is wonderful, they are very friendly and kind. There are activities available for her when she ready to participate. She is pleased with the meals, and they are accommodating with her diet restrictions. She is in good hands here. This is a community I would highly recommend.

The Hearth

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you have had a positive experience with us at The Hearth at Castle Gardens. We are delighted to have your mom as part of The Hearth family! If there is anything I can be of assistance with please feel free to contact me. Sincerely, Pamela Stento, Executive Director.

I could not ask for a better place to take care of my 89 year old mother.Everyone we have spoken and dealt with has been wonderful.The care is exceptional.Everyone has quickly become part of our extended family.I rest easy each night knowing mom is in a loving place and so well cared for.This place is the tops!

The Hearth

Thank you Tad for your positive feedback! We are pleased to hear you have had a positive experience. Please feel free to give us a call at anytime if you have any questions.

You really made our day, thank you.
Pamela Stento
Executive Director.

The Hearth at Castle Gardens gets my recommendation!!

I am so impressed with the staff. They are wonderful with the residents and the families. The Hearth has a wonderful layout. There are windows everywhere and an open courtyard. Mom likes the food and they keep the community clean all the time. She enjoys so many activities that she is never in her room. I was so lost and want to thank A Place for Mom for their assistance.

The Hearth

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are so happy that your mother has joined our family here at The Hearth at Castle Gardens and we are pleased to hear that you have had such a positive experience with us!
Pamela Stento
Executive Director

Fine place to live.Food is good.Staff is very pleasant

The Hearth

Howard, thank you very much for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you have had a positive experience with us! We are lucky to have you as part of our Hearth team!
Executive Director

I am very happy that i made the decision to come here to live.I find the other resident to be very nice and friendly.The activities are very good.I feel safe here and I didn't when i was in my home.It was a good move for me.

The Hearth

Hi Pat! Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you feel safe with us and that you have had such a positive experience with us here at The Hearth at Castle Gardens!
Executive Director

Seems to be well run by capable and caring people

Hello Patricia,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you have had a positive experience with us here at The Hearth at Castle Gardens!

very good

The Hearth

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you have had a positive experience with us here at The Hearth at Castle Gardens!
Executive Director

Staff is courteous,food is excellent activities-varied and well planned

The Hearth

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you have had a positive experience with our staff here at The Hearth at Castle Gardens and that you enjoy the food and activities!

Thanks again,
Executive Director

I am a new resident and my wife is a resident at keepsake village.my initial reactions are very positive.

The Hearth

Hi James! Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you have had a positive experience with us here at The Hearth at Castle Gardens! We are lucky to have you and your wife as part of our Hearth family! Thanks again, Pamela Stento, Executive Director

The staff and programs at this facility are outstanding. Housekeeping the private and public rooms as well as routine and special needs by build maintenance all contribute to cleanliness and proper functioning.The food service management and staff makes every effort to provide an enjoyable atmosphere and a menu of Delicious varieties.The "Activity staff" are very responsive and creative with resident activities.Service management is very professional!.All above yield a pleasant retirement environment..

The Hearth

Gary, Thank you very much for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you have had a positive experience with our staff here at The Hearth at Castle Gardens and that you enjoy the programs and food! Thanks again, Pamela Stento, Executive Director

we love living here very much.everyone is so good to us

The Hearth

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are pleased to hear that you have had a positive experience with us here at The Hearth at Castle Gardens! We are happy to have you as part of our Hearth family! Sincerely, Pamela Stento, Executive Director

Great

The Hearth

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you have had a positive experience with us here at The Hearth at Castle Gardens. Thanks again, Pamela Stento, Executive Director

Thirteens year ago I moved to this community to be near to my daughter.Since I am older I here not had the opportunity to take advantage at the many things offered to make life more interesting but I have found the people living here are usually kind and helpful

Hello Nancy,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you have had a positive experience with us here at The Hearth at Castle Gardens!
Executive Director

Very kind,competent and helpful staff.Residents eager to be friendly.Many unexpected niceties on the part of the staff- all greatly appreciated by residents,certainly by me.The reason I put one star less than the full amount has to do with some confusion about dining seating.No big deal.

Executive Director

This is a good place to live.The staff are especially kind everyone knows me now.I enjoy the day and all the activities

The Hearth

Hi Pauline, Thank you very much for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you have had a positive experience with our staff here at The Hearth at Castle Gardens and that you are enjoying the activities! Thanks again, Pamela Stento, Executive Director

Please accept my sincere "thank you" for the welcoming basket.The staff has been most gracious and helpful which has assisted greatly in helping me to live a "new" life style. My wife Harne whom you know, is making her adjustment.

The Hearth

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you have had a positive experience with us here at The Hearth at Castle Gardens and that you enjoyed the welcome basket! Thanks again, Pamela Stento, Executive Director

I have no complaints. The Executive Director and staff does a great job. Glad to be here. I would highly recommend The Hearth at Castle Gardens to family or a friend.

The Hearth

Hello Cy! Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you have had a positive experience with us here at The Hearth at Castle Gardens! Sincerely, Pamela Stento, Executive Director

Toured

The Hearth

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to offer the very best in lifestyles and care, and are glad that you had a positive experience with us here at The Hearth at Castle Gardens! If you are ever in need of any assistance, please feel free to give me a call anytime at [removed].

Thanks again,