NEEDS REFURBISHING AND A GOOD SCRUBBING! REMEMBER WHAT YOUR DAD ALWAYS SAID, "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR". NOT A PLACE FOR SOMEONE YOU LOVE.

I went to visit a resident here and there were terrible odors, they have rabbits but the cages were filthy and absolutely smelled. There was nothing going on to keep them occupied. The patients did not look well cared for and the place is extremely run down and there was a very depressing atmosphere. I will never consider this place, even if they moved my grandma in for free. I feel prompted to call the state and report them for the rabbits alone. I'd rather take my chances on an Eskaton facility. You get what you pay for. And I will definitely pay royally to have my grandmother in a place that actually cares and it shows.

I loved it! It's such a nice place.

This is one of the places we looked at as we have been searching. I loved it! I don't know if it's right for us or not yet, but it's such a nice place. I have sent a friend to look at it. He ended up moving in here.

Did not care for this commu...

Did not care for this community. It was depressing and in need of an update.

Disappointing.

We were very disappointed in the facility. The staff was nice but appeared to have just basic training. The facility is in dire need of updating. It was not clean and had odors throughout. The rooms were adequate but depressing; we did not see the bathrooms. There were several residents gathered in the dining area for lunch. We reviewed the weekly menu and were not impressed. We would definitely not place our family member here.

It was terrible.

It was terrible. It was dirty looking inside, and dark. All of the people seemed to be very sick. There was one lady screaming help me from down the hallway, and no one was going to her. There was nobody at the front desk when I got there. I had to wait for someone to come out of the back room, and they were doing laundry or something.

Good Value, So So Care

The monthly fee is great, but the facility could use a major updating. The bathrooms are small, with no storage, and are shared with another resident. You can add decorative touches to the room to personalize it, which is nice.
Most of the staff is very nice and helpful, but they could use more staff, especially on weekends. Because of this, my relative sometimes isn't gotten ready and put to bed until 10 p.m. or later. Also, the activities director has to do double duty and is frequently pulled from those duties to drive residents to various appointments.
They could do a better job at cleaning as well. Sometimes there are unpleasant odors coming from various rooms.

Dated community but very cl...

Dated community but very clean. Staff is friendly, healthful menu, lots of activities.

Decent place. Liked the resident ani...

Decent place. Liked the resident animals a lot, and Mom would too. Don't like the neighborhood much. I think the people here are not alert and verbal enough for Mom to enjoy though, I saw an awful lot of people who 'weren't home'.

Apple Ridge Assisted Living focuses on providing its residents with personalized attention and care in a safe and nurturing environment. Located in the vibrant Point West neighborhood of Sacramento, this facility is near to shops, restaurants, parks and a variety of local attractions. The community has a dedicated staff that is available 24 hours a day, and a variety of different care levels provided to accommodate residents' changing needs. Apple Ridge seeks to create an active and social environment for its residents with health-promoting activities like low-impact exercise and walking club, social activities, like arts and crafts and memory games, and entertainment options like movie nights and a travel program.