Set along the American River, in the heart of Sacramento’s rich culture and natural beauty, River’s Edge offers a comfortable blend of style, fine dining and endless social, cultural and recreational opportunities designed with you in mind. With nearby walking paths, golf courses, shopping and dining, you can be as busy or relaxed as you choose.

Here are the amenities you will find at River’s Edge:

Dine Your Way™ at the River’s Edge onsite restaurants with evolving menus and daily fresh specials
Private lake with fountain, landscaped courtyards, walking paths, and outdoor seating area to stroll and relax outdoors
Fully-equipped fitness center and group classes to stay active and fit
Media/TV room to catch a show or great flick
High speed Internet lounge to keep connected
Market for sundries and convenience
Art room and crafting activities to bring out your creative side
Library for enjoying a good book or a game of cards
Full service beauty salon/barber shop to keep you looking your best
Assisted living services for your peace of mind

The beautiful and thoughtfully-designed one- and two-bedroom residences at River's Edge include the following:

All-electric kitchenettes
Individual climate controls (heating & air conditioning)
Safety assist grab bars in tub and showers
Patios/balconies

I feel my mother is receiving excellent care. Her adjustment has been difficult for her and the staff have given her love and support.

Helpful personnel, kind and caring with residents. Have bent over backwards to make my mother feel at home. All help is respectful and caring. We are very pleased.

The Cheateu at River's Edge - a good choice

So far a great experience for my parents. Moving is always a challenge. It is a matter of adjustment to new surroundings and schedules. The staff have been very friendly and supportive. Meals are reasonable, menu a bit limited for dinner. The facility is well maintained. The 2-bedroom unit is very spacious and has just the right amount of kitchen facility when needed. Since they just moved in, unclear is cleaning program and its quality. Thus far experience has been good.

super staff!

I was really impressed with the staff at The Chateau at River's Edge. They were all super friendly and caring and helpful. They have a really good program with options and the ability and desire to accommodate however they can to make it a smooth transition and pleasant experience.

Met with Mark Kubiak..Saw 1 bedrm in IL and 2 bedrm in AL. Floor plans are okay. Place overall is okay if nothing better. Food in assisted living was not healthy optioned. IL food options looked a bit better. Grounds were okay for a short walk. Liked idea of WanderGuard and also the pins residents wear with GPS.

Close to the University

I enjoyed this one. I liked it more only because the university is right next door so they have a lot of young people coming in, doing research and what have you but they get many visitors in that sense.

Not The Right Level of Care for Mom

Just this weekend I moved my mother out of the Chateau at River's Edge and into their location at Carmichael Park. She needed more memory care and a more secure facility. I would give the Chateau at River's Edge a 5 for people who need physical care but mentally are pretty sound. For mild cognitive issues it's probably good. The caregivers are really good and I think it's probably a really good value for people who aren't dealing with cognitive issues. My mom was finding ways off the property so we very quickly escalated to 24 hour one-on-one care so it just didn't make sense for her to be there anymore. I think it's a good value as long as someone doesn't needs additional, outside assistance.

The facility staff does not get my mo...

The facility staff does not get my mother down to activities as much as I would like or if at all. We have had some issues figuring out the medication. The food is good but the menu could be changed up a bit. The residents get alot of chicken for dinner and eggs for breakfast. I am taking my mom to all of her appointment because either the transportation does not go that far or the times are not convenient. I have contact with the care stuff but not with the professional staff. Once they received the check they had completed their job. I am rating the activities poor since my mother has not really participated in many of them. They have bingo, exercise, music, bridge, etc.

Independent Living

River's Edge is a really good community but we just needed a higher level of care. The community overall was really good and we would recommend it to anyone that is in need of an independent living community.

Best for more independent people

This is a good community for individuals that are more active and are more independent. If the individual can still move around and get back and forth then they would be fine here. There is not a lot of socialization. Cost was $3,800 a month. The staff is very thoughtful and respectful but there was no personalization. Would recommend this community to someone who is more independent then assisted living.

want $3497 per mo for a 550 sq ft roo...

want $3497 per mo for a 550 sq ft room. That is crazy too expensive. In no way could they offer $1000 worth of benefits above what Monroe Lodge is offering.