The Chateau at River's Edge - Sacramento, CA

Sharing seven landscaped and gated acres in the Campus Commons neighborhood with River’s Edge retirement community, the Chateau at River’s Edge offers a charming, amenity- and service-rich environment. A Hank Fisher Properties' senior community, assisted living is the featured service, but memory care also is available through The Garden. Residents enjoy private studio, one- or two-bedroom rental apartments, fine dining, housekeeping and a myriad of other services including a full-time concierge. Sumptuous meals are prepared daily with the freshest ingredients and the restaurant-style menus provide plenty of choice. Entertainment is frequently scheduled and residents develop a personalized "Life Enhancement" activities program based on their own preferences. Staff is on-hand 24-hours a day to provide medications management and assistance with dressing, bathing and other activities of daily living. Special services for the visually impaired are offered in partnership with the Society for the Blind, including orientation to the community and on-going support groups. Seniors who need memory care receive personal attention and support in The Garden from a compassionate, capable staff. Activities are designed to promote socialization and help residents retain daily living skills.

I feel my mother is receiving excellent care. Her adjustment has been difficult for her and the staff have given her love and support.

Helpful personnel, kind and caring with residents. Have bent over backwards to make my mother feel at home. All help is respectful and caring. We are very pleased.

The Cheateu at River's Edge - a good choice

So far a great experience for my parents. Moving is always a challenge. It is a matter of adjustment to new surroundings and schedules. The staff have been very friendly and supportive. Meals are reasonable, menu a bit limited for dinner. The facility is well maintained. The 2-bedroom unit is very spacious and has just the right amount of kitchen facility when needed. Since they just moved in, unclear is cleaning program and its quality. Thus far experience has been good.

super staff!

I was really impressed with the staff at The Chateau at River's Edge. They were all super friendly and caring and helpful. They have a really good program with options and the ability and desire to accommodate however they can to make it a smooth transition and pleasant experience.

Met with Mark Kubiak..Saw 1 bedrm in IL and 2 bedrm in AL. Floor plans are okay. Place overall is okay if nothing better. Food in assisted living was not healthy optioned. IL food options looked a bit better. Grounds were okay for a short walk. Liked idea of WanderGuard and also the pins residents wear with GPS.

Close to the University

I enjoyed this one. I liked it more only because the university is right next door so they have a lot of young people coming in, doing research and what have you but they get many visitors in that sense.

Not The Right Level of Care for Mom

Just this weekend I moved my mother out of the Chateau at River's Edge and into their location at Carmichael Park. She needed more memory care and a more secure facility. I would give the Chateau at River's Edge a 5 for people who need physical care but mentally are pretty sound. For mild cognitive issues it's probably good. The caregivers are really good and I think it's probably a really good value for people who aren't dealing with cognitive issues. My mom was finding ways off the property so we very quickly escalated to 24 hour one-on-one care so it just didn't make sense for her to be there anymore. I think it's a good value as long as someone doesn't needs additional, outside assistance.

The facility staff does not get my mo...

The facility staff does not get my mother down to activities as much as I would like or if at all. We have had some issues figuring out the medication. The food is good but the menu could be changed up a bit. The residents get alot of chicken for dinner and eggs for breakfast. I am taking my mom to all of her appointment because either the transportation does not go that far or the times are not convenient. I have contact with the care stuff but not with the professional staff. Once they received the check they had completed their job. I am rating the activities poor since my mother has not really participated in many of them. They have bingo, exercise, music, bridge, etc.

Independent Living

River's Edge is a really good community but we just needed a higher level of care. The community overall was really good and we would recommend it to anyone that is in need of an independent living community.

Best for more independent people

This is a good community for individuals that are more active and are more independent. If the individual can still move around and get back and forth then they would be fine here. There is not a lot of socialization. Cost was $3,800 a month. The staff is very thoughtful and respectful but there was no personalization. Would recommend this community to someone who is more independent then assisted living.

want $3497 per mo for a 550 sq ft roo...

want $3497 per mo for a 550 sq ft room. That is crazy too expensive. In no way could they offer $1000 worth of benefits above what Monroe Lodge is offering.