Emerald Bay Retirement Community - Hobart, WI

This was a very good option for mother. They had the best response to my question about how to keep my mother from falling. They try to keep their residents in common areas and not their rooms so they have eyes on them all the time. This was very evident during my visit. [name removed] toured me around and she was very impressive and seemed to be a driving force for why this facility was doing so well. They are full with a waiting list, but did hae one studio for my mother. My only concern with this facility is driving distance. They are located west of Green Bay and I live on the far east side and I really did not want a drive of this distance to see mom.

Location not optimal for my parents but otherwise lovely, clean, & friendly. Nice amenities.

Beautiful facility. The memory care unit felt homey and comfortable -- not like a nursing home at all. The pricing and payment policies seem fair and reasonable.

Lovely place! Can't wait for them to finish so we can move Mom in. The rooms are large, especially the one bedrooms, the facility is well laid out , spacious, and cozy.

A caring facility that feels like home.

We moved my mother in on May 10th and could not be happier with Emerald Bay. They have by far exceeded our expectations regarding health care, personal attention and genuine concern for my mother's well being. [Removed] and her staff are wonderful to work with- experienced, professionals who care for their residents.

A Joyful Tour

For the tour I scheduled the staff were on time and ready to go. It was a fine community and the staff I meet with were nice. We found that we liked another community better.

My Mother Is In Good Hands Here

My mother is still adjusting to this community, but so far everything is going well. She is enjoying her time here, and I'am satisfied. It is a nice and clean community, they do a very good job with the cleanliness. They have a very good staff, they are very helpful and kind. There activities offered for the residents. She likes the food, the meals are nice. She is eating better now since her move here. I know she in being cared for well and I would recommend this community.

Excellent staff

Our experience with Emerald Bay Retirement Community has been a very positive one, so far. The staff is excellent, and they do a great job looking after the residents. We're very satisfied with our choice.

Positive Community

We all love it here at Emerald Bay. It is a very nice community. My mother has adjusted well and really likes it here so far. The community is well kept and very nice and clean. Staff here is great and very accommodating to her. Most of the food is excellent and overall this is a positive environment for your loved. I would recommend this community.

Top ratings

Top ratings all around at Emerald Bay. The facility is very nice. The staff is very friendly. Everyone is very caring. The food is great. The care is good. It has been an all around good experience here.

My brothers and sisters and I are most pleased with the care and concern my 91 yr old Mother is recieveing at Angelus Village. We needed to place her in a safe enviroment in a short amount of time and the directors and staff were very accommodating to accomplish this task. Their care and concern for her well being helped her adjust to the changes she is faceing in her life.
The facility is beautiful and welcoming and my mothers apartment is the perfect size to place her own furniture and belongings around her to have it feel and look like Home.
I can't say enough about the staff and their friendliness and help in getting my mother involved in the meals, activities and helping her fit in with the rest of the residents.
I highly recommend Angelus Village as a safe and caring home to place your elderly loved one as they find it difficult to live alone.

Nice place, overall!

This is just a very nice place overall, I'd give them top marks across the board! The staff are all wonderful! They're very friendly and they seem to take great care of the people that live here! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they have a good variety of activities to keep the residents engaged and entertained.

Love this facility.

Love this facility.

Everything they say they'll do, they do

You may think I work there but it's really that good. He's been there since early June and even he said it's better than when he was living with me for the last 3 years. The people are nice, the community is nice, he's made it a home now. He really likes it in the sense there are different people there to assist him, he goes to the zoo, he goes shopping, he feels independent so he likes it. I looked around and I was really against the idea of "sending him away" but this is probably one of the best facilties, it looks better than a hotel. They really answered a prayer because they keep me in the loop and it's so close. What really drew me to this was the hallways were wide, it didn't feel like a nursing home, everything's big, there's a lot of natural light, the cielings are about 9 ft tall. I loved the facility and that's what drew me to it, now, being around for awhile I like the people. They are so caring, they're so overly cautious because they really care about my dad and that's what you really want. I love how they make him eat with the community and go through the process of managing his meds. I could see myself being there!

Emerald Bay Retirement Community is a picturesque facility in the rolling, wooded hills of Hobart, WI. While it's tempting to stay home and relax by the woods, there's plenty to do in Hobart and the surrounding Green Bay area.

City Information

Hobart, Wisconsin is a small village of 7,610 residents. The village is named for Episcopal Bishop John Henry Hobart who sent missionaries to counsel the Oneida people. It's located outside Green Bay, WI, home of the Green Bay Packers.

- Walkability Score: 6 out of 100. Residents will be dependent on cars or other transportation.

- Transportation: There is no public bus service route in Hobart, but Brown County has a Para-Transit Program sponsored by the Green Bay Metro Transit for seniors. There are also ride-sharing
services like Uber and Lyft available.

- Average Weather: The average temperature in Hobart is 70 degrees Fahrenheit in July and an average reading of 20 degrees in January.

- Average Age in Zip Code 54155: 43 years old

- Number of Senior Housing Facilities: There are three senior living communities in Hobart, WI.

- Senior Center: The Pulaski Center offers nutritious meals and activities for seniors. Members of the Oneida Nation have special senior services available.

- Veteran's Facilities: The Green Bay Vet Center serves veterans and their families.

Shopping and Entertainment

Emerald Bay Retirement Community residents can enjoy dining and entertainment options in the Green Bay area.

- Clothing Stores: Nearby shopping mall Bay Park Square has lots of popular clothing stores, department stores and chain dining options.

- Grocery Stores: For seasonal farm fresh produce, Sunny Hill Farms is nearby. Large supermarket chain Piggly Wiggly and superstore Walmart are also in the area.

- Restaurants: The nearest fast food restaurant is Arby's at 0.5 mile away. For an upscale dinner, try the Safari Steakhouse off the Brown County Golf Course, just 3 miles away.

- Hair Salons: Although Emerald Bay Retirement Community has on-site hair styling services, there are times you may want to venture out. The Paul Mitchell Salon in Green Bay is a higher-end hairstyling option for local residents.

- Movie Theaters: There are two movie theaters nearby. The Marcus Bay Park Cinema shows the latest movies and Get Reel Cinemas shows second screenings.

- Museum: For Native American history, the Oneida Museum is just 4 miles away.

- Bowling: Join a bowling league at The Ashwaubenon Bowling Alley in Green Bay.

- Casino: The Oneida Casino West Mason offers poker, 24-hour slot machines and, dining.

- Libraries: The Brown County Weyers-Hilliard Branch and the Oneida Community Library offers fun activities for the entire community.

- Education: St Norbert College offers community education events, and the Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is nearby as well.

The Great Outdoors

For residents who enjoy keeping active, there are a number of beautiful public parks to visit in the nearby vicinity.

- Parks: The 40-acre Four Seasons Park in Hobart has playgrounds and sporting facilities and is available for picnics. Leashed dogs are welcome on the 1-mile trail bordering the park. The Ted Fritsch Park in Green Bay is a nice neighborhood park with hiking trails and tennis courts.

- Green Bay: Just 14 minutes drive away is the beautiful bay with countless beaches and nature preserves to explore.

- Botanical Gardens: Green Bay Botanical Garden

- Golf: Oneida Golf & Country Club and Thornberry Creek at Oneida are two great golfing options.

- Tennis: The Green Bay Tennis Center is a private membership club.

Health and Safety

Emerald Bay Retirement Community residents have health and safety options available.

- Hospital: HSHS St. Mary's Hospital Medical Center is the nearest hospital and just 7.5 miles away

- Pharmacy: The nearest pharmacy is Walgreens at 6.3 miles away as well as several non-chain pharmacy options.

- Police: The Hobart-Lawrence Police Department is 8.2 miles from the Emerald Bay Retirement Community.

- Fire Station: There are two fire stations in the area, Village of Hobart Fire & Rescue Station 2 is 2.3 miles away.

Religious Institutions

For devout residents, there are many places to worship in Hobart, WI and nearby Green Bay, WI.

Christian Religious Institutions near Emerald Bay Retirement Community:

- Baptist: Highland Baptist Church
- Catholic: St. Joseph-Oneida Parish
- Episcopal: Church of the Holy Apostles
- Lutheran: Zion Lutheran Church
- Methodist: New Life Methodist Church
- Mormon: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (De Pere, WI)
- Non-Denominational Christian: New Freedom Church