Marla Vista Assisted Living & Memory Care - Green Bay, WI

Located in older business district which made the setting undesirable. The building was older and not well cared for. The marketing person was friendly and gave us some good advice, which was the best part of our tour.

Kevin Gille

Marla Vista Assisted Living is admired for its beauty, charm and space. Common areas include a gorgeous dining room with vaulted, pine wood ceilings, a cozy sitting area, living room, card and TV room (great for private family parties), library, beauty shop and large, sunny craft and activity room. The community is complete with a one acre fenced in back yard and two large patio areas offering sunshine and gardening opportunities. We do wish you well and appreciate the opportunity to help you along this journey.

Overall satisfied

A big thank you to the Marla Vista staff and the administration. They are to be commended for doing a difficult job. Help is given when needed and all are friendly

We very much enjoy the family events.

The residents are given many opportunities to socialize and to get their exercise.

The food is adequate except for the pork soup.

The laundry procedure needs some attention.

Over all we are satisfied and would recommend Marla Vista to others.

Kevin Gille

Thanks Carolyn & Patrick for the nice words. We are blessed to be able to help those who are in need and are always looking to provide more fun and creative events for our elders. Our menu is always evolving and we are looking forward to using more freshly grown vegetables from our own garden this summer. Thanks again for the nice recommendation!

Overall I'm Satisfied!

I feel that the staff at Marla Vista are kind and helpful. They are patient/understanding and always try to do their best. The resident call lights are answered pretty promptly most of the time. The food is satisfactory 90% of the time and you can have as much as you would like. They try to have plenty of activities to keep you busy. The residents who live here are friendly and thoughtful. Staff and residents are accepting of you just the way you are. You are not treated any differently if you have a handicap. Overall, I would recommend Marla Vista for someone who is looking for an assisted living facility.

Kevin Gille

Thanks Joyce! We absolutely love having you live here with us. You are truly an amazing woman and serve as an inspiration for others. We hope to enjoy many more years together!

Good time spent here

My loved one spent a month here before passing and it was wonderful.There were some hiccups but overall I would recommend them. They were very understanding during this difficult time.

Kevin Gille

We are so sorry for your loss but were privileged to help provide cares for your loved one. It's never easy and rest assured that you are not alone-you are and always will be a part of our family at Marla Vista. Wishing you comfort and peace in faith.

Very happy with our decision

Extremely professional and respectful staff and processes. Helped me with every aspect of moving my mom there, what to expect, tips on what to say/not say, what to bring, when a good time is to make the decision. She has been there for a month and the staff is friendly, understanding, and trained on how to handle the many things that we struggled to. Highly recommended!!

Amira Fahoum

Thank you very much for your kind words! The team at Marla Vista loves to provide you with a great experience and hopes to make it as easy as possible for you. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do. Thank you!

Knowledgeable Staff!

This community is very nice and seemed to be very well maintained. The staff is very friendly and the gentleman who took me on the tour was very pleasant and knowledgeable. The community offered a variety of activities. Overall looked like a nice place.

Kevin Gille

Thank you for the nice words. We always take great pride in our community and aim to provide the best environment for our elders. Our goal is to make all who enter our home feel welcomed and cared for in a true home-style setting. Life enrichment programs are essential in our daily lives and we offer numerous opportunities to connect with others on a daily basis. We truly are guided by goodness, loyalty, faith and fun!

Friendly Staff!

The Marla Vista Assisted Living & Memory Care could use some improvement. My mother feels that the activities offered at this community have become very repetitive and could use some variety. The meals are balanced but have been lacking in taste considering they got a new chef. The staff has been very sympathetic.

Kevin Gille

Thank you for the feedback. We value input from our residents and their families and are constantly striving to enhance our overall living experience. We are exploring many new and exciting social opportunities through the use of our bus as well as the daily life enrichment programs offered at Marla Vista. Our kitchen will continue to provide nutritious well balanced meals and look for creative ways to enhance our dining experience. As always, our mission is to provide a caring, loving, and friendly setting for our elders and their families. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to growing together.

A Good Experience For Us Here

It has been a good experience for us here with this community. They are taking good care of my mother and her needs. The community looks great, everything is nice and clean. She is getting involved in the community with the activities offered. The meals are nice. Overall its really nice community.

Kevin Gille

Thank you for the nice review. The staff at Marla Vista take great pride in making sure our community is meeting the care needs of our residents while providing a warm and loving environment. It truly is a joy to have your mother living with us!

I think this community has been pretty good with my mother.

Amira Fahoum

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and a review. We are continually striving to not just meet, but exceed expectations. Thank you and please let us know if there is anything more we can do to make your mother's stay even better!

Marla Vista is very flexible

My mom had to move into Marla Vista a week early due to emergency circumstances. Marla Vista was very accommodating to her moving early. While expensive, they offer round the clock nursing care and lots of activities and private rooms so you do get your money's worth.

Kevin Gille

Thanks for the kind words. We are proud to offer the best care in our area at an affordable rate. Our life enrichment programs combine all the attributes that make living at Marla Vista fun and enjoyable. Thanks for allowing us the opportunity to live and care for your mom.

This facility feels like home and is cozy, well cared for. The staff is friendly. The residents look well care for, clean and happy. The facility has assisted living and memory care. Unfortunately there are 3 separate buildings and some of the rooms do not have bathrooms in them. For a small facility, they are doing very well. If all the rooms had their own bathroom, I think my mother would be happy there.

Kevin Gille

Thank you for the review. Marla Vista Assisted living & Memory Care provides two distinct caring communities for loved ones. The Gardens at Marla Vista is a beautiful, intimate space located next door to our assisted living neighborhood while our assisted living community offers a bit more independence for those who seek it. Private walk in showers are available in all our assisted living rooms along with a kitchenette.

They Do The Best They Can

I felt very comfortable talking to the staff and the manager. They are very down to earth and very practical. All I can say is that they do the best they can. They do miracles with what little they have. I am in awe of them. And they do it in a cheerful way, authentically, and are engaged. They just remodeled and it all looks very nice.

Kevin Gille

Thank you for the kind words. We take pride in the fact that our administrators and staff are approachable and easy to work with. We understand that it isn't easy choosing a community, and we take pride in creating a warm, loving environment where elders can experience the best in home-styled care.

Mom did not have a good experience.....

I am sorry to say that my Mom did not have a good experience at Marla Vista.

Just a few issues we had included: My Mom, like many elderly, had very fragile skin. It was in her chart that she should not have band aids applied. Someone in the facility put a band aid on, which was concerning, but what was really unforgivable, is that another personal care worker RIPPED IT OFF, TAKING MY Moms skin with it. My Mom called me crying from the pain this lady caused her. That band aid could have been left on to fall off in a few days, but instead, it left open, painful wounds that needed weeks to heal. This was done by someone who had a lot of experience working with the elderly, which makes one question the poor decision she made to remove it.

My Mom also had breathing problems. It took me 3 different times to get the staff to leave her rescue inhaler next to her bed so that if she needed it in an emergency, it was available. The staff just kept saying that she couldn't' have it in her room with her. We needed a doctors order to do so, but they never told us that until we fought for it. The communication about important things like that were lacking.

I had made many phone calls to the administrator, and she did not return my calls.

I mistakenly thought that the staff member who came out to "assess" my Mom was a nurse. She was dressed in scrubs when she came to assess her to take her medical history. It wasn't until my Mom moved there and started having health issues, that I realized that this staff member had no medical training. It caused a lot of undue stress on my Mom and our family.

We were paying Marla Vista at a rate that included 1 assist for all transfers. My Mom was found walking around the facility by herself on a number of occasions by family members who went to visit her.

They also kept increasing her rate claiming she needed more care than initially thought, which simply was not accurate. We had to continually fight for her to get the care they promised they could give.

The place looks lovely, which is part of what drew us to it. If you have a loved one who doesn't need much care, this may be a good fit for you. But if you have someone who does need quite a bit of care, I would suggest you fully check out any place you go, make sure there are medically trained personnel who are familiar with what your loved one needs, and try to make an informed decision.

If you do have problems in a facility, I found out after we removed my Mom, that you can contact an Ombudsman to help with situations in facilities that aren't caring for your loved one in a satisfactory manner.

Thank you for this opportunity to review Marla Vista.

Hi Wendy-
I want to let you know that effective 11/2015 Marla Vista is under new ownership/management. Compass Senior Living has acquired our communities and provides a proven track record of caring for elders. While not here while the above issues occurred, I want you to know that we do everything possible to ensure that your loved one's care needs are provided competently and compassionately. We have a full time on-site licensed nurse who oversees each resident's wellness plan who works in collaboration with the physicians. Our staff receives continuing education to ensure that our care levels evolve with the changing healthcare landscape. Our communities follow industry-wide best practices and strive to create an environment that allows for all to grow in a loving way.

Really good

They’re just really good. The food is really good. There is enough parking. The cost per level of service is acceptable. They have enough activities. The staff is very friendly and the community is clean. It’s just a really good community.

Kevin Gille

Thank you for the nice words. Marla Vista care members take great pride in providing a loving, caring environment for your loved one. Our kitchen staff are dedicated to making every dining experience truly remarkable and encourage you to come and share a meal with us.

It's fine, it works for us.

It's fine, it works for us. People are different so some of the staff are friendlier than others. I can't really rate value, I don't feel it's a fair question. We are also not in a position to use the activities so that is another area that cannot be rated. The food varies based on who is cooking it.

Kevin Gille

Thanks for taking time to provide a review. Our care team members emanate goodness and demonstrate empathy for others. We feel they are the ones who make all the difference for our residents. We realize that peace of mind is not something people dream about-it's a way of life.

The best care for people with Alzheimer's/Dementia

With some of the activities, there needs to be more artsy craftsy stuff, they are open to suggestions but I think my mom and the other people I've seen there would appreciate that.
We chose them a. for the price and word of mouth and quality of care that other people were getting there and how they treated me and my family when we walked through. How I saw them treating other people blew me away. I would say for people with my mom's condition (Alzhiemers'/dementia), they provide the best care that I've seen sor far. Other places provide really big rooms and they think that's going to be like home when actually they need a smaller room to feel more secure. Since she's moved in she has not had one single out burst. They encourage the residents to get and and do gardening when the weather's good enough and if they wish to; its a more secure area and they said they can bring in hospice if they needed to and it wouldn't cost any more than what I already pay

Kevin Gille

Thank you Jennifer for the kind words. Marla Vista has a long tradition as being among the best for providing care for those needing assistance and we recognize that people make all the difference. Treating people well - with respect, trust, care and good humor - can be contagious. as a team, knowing our "true north" enables us to follow the path to do what is right and proper and good.

Kids and I like the "home" atmosphere...

Kids and I like the "home" atmosphere. The environment is quiet and the living space looks clean and orderly. I would have liked to see a more appealing courtyard space. Security looks good, we talked about maybe needing to put a lock on the courtyard gate.

Kevin Gille

Thanks for the kind words. Our communities are all about "home". Marla Vista is a place of vibrancy and life; promoting meaning and joy in lives of residents, families, and our care team members. Our courtyard has recently been updated and is alive with the beauty of flowering shrubs, raised vegetable gardens, fragrant flowers and many birds and butterflies. Our gates have also been equipped with locks for that added layer of safety.

We are guided by goodness, loyalty, faith and fun. At Marla Vista it is easy to get to know others as you become part of a family of friends, sharing laughter and experiences that continue to strengthen community. You and your family members will have peace of mind knowing that each person’s needs are met—physically, socially, spiritually, and emotionally. We are more than an assisted living community—we are family!