Anam Parc at Susanna Woods - Jacksonville, FL

This home was a godsend for us!!

The staff at Anam Parc at Susanna Woods are very caring, communicative and personable. The food looks good and they offer healthy meals. I have showed up unannounced and the home is always clean. I would recommend this care home. I wanted to thank A Place for Mom for finding this care home for us.

We love the people

We love the people there. The only thing I think they could improve is to have a van accessible where the residents can use it. We have to hire our own transport.

My mom was at Anam Parc for about four months. I was so impressed with the staff and the care she received; the meals were great and the facility was spotless. When it was time for hospice care, Jamie arranged everything and the staff worked with the hospice providers. I highly recommend this facility.

nam Parc is an upscale 5-bed assisted living facility specializing in the care of Alzheimer's residents and those with other memory impairment disorders. This unique small facility located in the Mandarin area of Jacksonville provides a peaceful home that is calming, comforting and secure. It is a residential home modified to be appropriate for persons with dementia. This allows the person with dementia to embrace life and to find a place of well-being. Anam Parc works with persons who have behavioral issues due to their dementia. Anam Parc and its sister organizations employ a team of care specialists who understand social interventions and a management team that understands complicating medical issues. These two groups work together to provide specialized services found at Anam Parc. We are experienced in providing care to those with frontal lobe dementia, alcohol dementia, Lewy body dementia, Parkinson’s dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.

The three owners of Anam Parc, each have 25 years of dementia specific experience and are directly involved in the management of Anam Parc. Families deal directly with the owners. They are certified dementia trainers and are actively involved in training of the Anam Parc staff and the staff of other organizations. The owners/ principals are leaders in the dementia care field and have received appointments from the governors of Florida and Illinois to head dementia care commissions in each state. The principals are innovative and go far beyond the norm to help residents live life to the fullest. The biographies of the Anam Parc key principals can be found at www.satoripathway.org.