Sunrise of Jacksonville - Jacksonville, FL

Beautiful facility. Felt very much like a community. Staff was incredible. [name removed] answered all my questions and was professional and courteous. The 2 bedroom units don’t have any kind of living room or common area in them which was a turnoff.

There is even a resident dog

This is a very nice community and the staff did a great job showing me around and taking their time with me. Everything is open and bright and they even have a resident dog who was a rescue dog that lives there. I liked the pleasant atmosphere everything was clean but I knew that the rooms were going to be too small for my dad. I would definitely recommend coming here for a tour.

Good Experience

I had a nice tour of this community. Everyone was very kind to my family, and I. The community looked good from what we saw. Everything was well-kept. The staff was friendly, and informative. All our questions were answered. The inexpressive went well overall.

Excellent operation!

Sunrise of Jacksonville is an excellent operation! The staff is very good. They are sure to keep residents busy and engaged on a day-to-day basis. My loved one enjoys the meals that she receives, and she looks forward to them every day. We are all very happy with this facility!

The staff seems to take good care of my mother.

Wonderful homey environment. The staff listens and is responsive to the families' wishes. Good variety of stimulating programs. All staff communicates well with each other and from shift to shift. There is a positive energetic vibe in this place.

My family and I are very pleased with the community and care provided to my Dad. The facility and grounds are exceptionally maintained. The staff are very personable and gracious and take great care of my father. I couldn't be more pleased with the community and care.

The staff seems to take good care of my mother

Wonderful homey environment. The staff listens and is responsible to the families wishes. Good variety of stimulation programs. All staff communicates well with each other and from shift to shift. There is a positive energetic vibe in this place.

Great staff that wok here!!

I think the staff is doing great job at this community on taking care of my mother and providing her with great quality of care. They also do an awesome job on keeping touch with me about what is going on with mom and informing me if anything goes on that I need to know about. I just don't see another place taking care of her like these people do. Overall great place and I would recommend it.

nice community

We toured this community when looking for my mother. I have a friend who lives here and it is a delightful community. The staff was very friendly and able to answer our questions they are also pet-friendly. The reason we didn't chose this community is the cost was too much.

The Hospitable During Respite

It was an excellent idea to use the community for respite. We had to go on vacation and they did us good for my mother-in-law. She was very happy. The meal and activities were a valuable benefit.

Great enviroment looks like a Country Club from outside

So far we are satisfied and so is our Mother. Seems like they have plenty of activities to keep them busy. I have been involved in Nursing home living or Assisted Living and Sunrise is a 100% better then what I have seen in the past.
Keep up the good work!

Sunrise of Jacksonville

My mother has been in Sunrise of Jacksonville for 2 months now. While it is still the adjustment period for her, we are so pleased with the Sunrise facility as a whole. The staff is exceedingly friendly and goes out of their way to be helpful. The facility is very clean, well decorated, easily accessible and cheerful.
My mother comments on how good the meals are. The staff remembers her name, and everyone makes a point to say hello.
It has been a huge adjustment, losing her husband and entering Sunrise the same week. We are very hopeful she will begin to participate in the many activities they offer daily and feel more like socializing very soon.
I would recommend Sunrise of Jacksonville wholeheartedly. It is a smaller capacity facility and I think that makes a big difference in the personalized care and attention my mother is receiving. -Susan

Very beautiful and well appointed building in a good part of Jacksonville. Large covered terraces across the front of the building. It feels like a large home when you enter, and the staff is very attentive and engaged with the residents. Apartments are fairly small but very bright. Great approach to care for residents with Care Managers and not moving residents as care needs increase over time. Staff members obviously communicate well together and seem to all be on the same page.
Daily snacks available, which was a nice treat.

This is a wonderful place! Just be sure you have the investments or insurance to cover it. Way over my parents budget.

Gorgeous place, friendly staff. The Executive Director even took lunch to my father while he was in rehab at another facility in order to meet him personally. It was one of our top two choices for my parents.

excellent experience

I have been very impressed with Sunrise of Jacksonville. It has been an excellent experience all the way around. I would highly recommend them.

Very nice place, friendly staff

Our experience with Sunrise of Jacksonville has been a good one. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the staff have all been very friendly. The nursing staff in particular are really on top of things and do an excellent job looking after the residents.

Comfortable for Respite or Long Term

My husband was at Sunrise for 2 respite visits, first in Assisted Living, then Renaissance (Memory Care) and is now a fulltime resident of Memory Care. I am relieved that he is well cared for though heartbroken that he can no longer be home safely. I believe he has adjusted very well and the care team keeps him occupied and busy which makes his days more stimulating. Everyone is welcoming, calling John by name, remembering it between visits and welcoming him back smiling and saying they missed him so he felt their genuine kindness. Other than being on the higher end of our budget, I feel good about what Sunrise offers for my husband. It gives me peace of mind.

Review of Sunrise of Jacksonville Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Jacksonville, FL

Very nice community. Lovely residents and staff. Lots and lots of activities.

Sunrise of Jacksonville

The facility is wonderful and the staff goes out of their way to help in anyway they can. The transition is somewhat "rocky" but once everything gets scheduled things go smoothly. My parents are adjusting well and I'm glad I picked Sunrise to be their new home!

Very nice place!

Sunrise of Jackson has been doing a great job overall, I'd give them top marks across the board. It's a nice looking, clean community, the staff have all been very friendly, and they take great care of all of their residents.

Excellent. Nice layout, wa...

Excellent. Nice layout, warm and upbeat atmosphere. Would be very happy to recommend to anyone in my family. 3 different people observed that I was 'on a tour' and mentioned that if I were looking for assisted living or memory care that Sunrise was wonderful. Glowing unsolicited remarks from family members of residents. Toured 7/31

Beautiful facility! Very e...

Beautiful facility! Very expensive, but the memory unit is top of the line. Do not like that there is a dress code. Only reason not five stars is the price and dress code.

Good Place

They were very good, I was very happy with them.

My father has not been there very lon...

My father has not been there very long but already they have impressed me with their caring, involved attitudes. They seem really sensitive to the needs of my father, and my family.

2 week respite stay

This was our first experience with respite stay and we didn't know what to expect. Mom has done better than we ever expected. She's made friends and been more active than she has in months. The staff has been most supportive to both Mom and me. They know everyone and are friendly and approachable. The facility is beautiful and clean. It feels like home and is not at all antiseptic. We're hoping that Mom will agree to respite on a regular basis and will look at Sunrise as a home away from home--and someday as a permanent home.

Very Pleased!

It was great. My former mother-in-law and father-in-law are there and they actually have like a 2 bedroom there. It's like a room and the companion room but they both stay in the same room even though he needs more care than she does. The staff worked very well. They actually went down and got him so that she could get the house ready to sell. They set up his chest xray and really took a load of grandmommy's mind in that whole process. They were very gentle with granddaddy. They've been very pleased. The food is terrific. I think they would like to have more transportation services but that's about it.

My mom has never been happier!

My mom and siblings toured a few places before discovering Sunrise of Jacksonville. After living on her own and finding it lonely, our mom chose a community with fabulous activites and a more social environment. She is going on trips with Sunrise, taking aerobics classes, she's just so happy with where she is. And we are so happy that she is happy! My siblings had not toured any place like Sunrise and were convinced all they would find were nursing home-like atmospheres. We are so happy to have found A Place For Mom and Sunrise of Jacksonvile, I'd gladly give a testimonial for both any time.

Newer place very nice. Gave us cake