We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
Alden Estates of Shorewood - Shorewood, IL has yet not published prices.
About Alden Estates of Shorewood - Shorewood, IL
Shorewood is a small city in Northern Illinois comprising nearly 17,000 people. It is located about an hour from Chicago.
- Walkability: Shorewood has a walkability score of 59, meaning that it is somewhat walkable. Some errands can be accomplished on foot, while others will require driving.
- Age Demographics: About 28 percent of the population falls between the ages of 45 and 64. The over-65 set makes up about 6 percent of the population, but this number is on the rise. The median age is about 38 years old. There are about 96 men for every hundred women.
- Senior Housing: Alden Estates of Shorewood offers assisted and independent living services for seniors.
- Average Weather: High temperatures in the summer reach about 84 degrees Fahrenheit, while lows in the winter hover around 15 degrees. The area gets about 37 inches of rain each year.
- Veteran's Facilities: The nearest veteran's facilities are located in the nearby town of Joliet, about a 15-minute drive from Shorewood.
Seniors living in Shorewood have limited options when it comes to public transportation.
- Buses: Bus services from nearby Joliet reach the eastern edge of town.
- Trains: There are no train stations in the area.
- Taxis: There are taxi services available in the area, offering varying rates.
- Air Travel: The Joliet Regional Airport is the closest airport to Shorewood. The nearest international airport is O'Hare in Chicago.
- Ride-Sharing: Both Uber and Lyft ride-sharing services are available in Shorewood. Both services offer easy-to-use mobile apps that seniors can download to their smartphones.
Health and Safety
Overall, Shorewood is a relatively safe area in which to live.
- Hospitals: The nearest hospital is in Joliet, but there are urgent care facilities within Shorewood.
- Crime Rate: The rate of crime in Shorewood is about 12 per 1,000 residents.
Sports and Leisure
The area is home to a variety of activities for seniors to enjoy.
- Golf Courses: The Inwood Golf Course is just to the east of town.
- Fitness Centers: There are multiple fitness centers in the area that offer exercise classes suitable for seniors.
- Other Activities: Several outdoor parks are scattered throughout the town, providing opportunities to walk outdoors.
Shopping and Entertainment
Shorewood is home to a wide variety of shopping, dining and entertainment options.
- Clothing Stores: Seniors will find numerous outlets for buying clothing in Shorewood, including at big-box retailers.
- Grocery Stores: Many grocery stores, including Jewel-Osco, are located throughout the town.
- Restaurants: Shorewood houses a wide variety of restaurants, from fast food options to fine dining.
- Movie Theaters: The nearest movie theater is Cinemark at the Joliet Mall.
- Libraries: The Shorewood-Troy Public Library is located right in the center of town at the intersection of Routes 52 and 59.
Residents of Shorewood find it to be a welcoming community in which they can practice any religion of their choosing.
- Demographics: Less than half of the population practices religion, but 32 percent of the population is Catholic. About 3 percent follow other forms of Christianity, and 1.5 percent of residents are Muslim.
- Religious Facilities: The vast majority of religious facilities in Shorewood are for Christian faiths.