Brookdale Richmond - Richmond, IN

Brookdale Richmond - Richmond, IN has yet not published prices.

Excellent facility. 42 rooms. Intimate, home/family atmosphere. "Age-in-place" environment...no moving from one section to another as residents' needs change with aging. Minimal respite care... mostly LTC.

I FEEL THAT MY MOTHER IS GETTING GOOD CARE AND ATTENTION FROM THE STAFF AT BROOKDALE. SHE SEEMS TO BE DOING BETTER THAN SHE WAS AT HOME AND WE DO NOT WORRY ABOUT HER TRYING TO DO THINGS AT HER HOUSE THAT SHE CANNOT DO SAFELY. ALSO WE FEEL THAT SHE GETS BETTER MEALS THAN SHE WAS BEFORE. THE FACILITY SEEMS TO BE KEPT CLEAN AND PLEASANT . WE FEEL MUCH BETTER ABOUT HER SAFETY.

A Very Good Choice

The community is beautiful and well maintained. The staff is super caring and committed to providing a loving Christian atmosphere, which is exactly what my mom was looking for in a home. There has not been one bad incident. The food is excellent, very nutritious. There are plenty of activities to choose from and they offer organized exercise activities which my mom really likes. We chose this community because it is smaller and provides more one on one care. When I visit my mom it feels like an extension of my own family. The ladies my mom often sit with are my friends too. Whenever we take mom out on trips she always wants to go back, saying her friends will miss her if she does not get back soon.

We like it

Mom is doing pretty good at this community. She says the staff are nice and helpful. They keep the community clean and they offer daily activities. This community felt like more of a residential family than other communities we looked at. I would recommend this community.

Dad is Well Here

Everything is working out pretty well for my father with his move to this community. It is a very nice place, and I'am pleased with all they have done for us. He is doing well, and I know he is safe, and in a good place at this community.

Mom instantly felt at home at Brookdale. Within 3 days and 2 hours of our first tour, she signed a contract and I moved her belongings into her new apartment. Wide well-lit hallways, lots of group sitting areas, and the ease of communicating with the Brookdale managers and staff made for an excellent first impression. I am finally at peace knowing that my mother will be safe, secure, and socializing in her new community. Thank you,[Removed]! And thanks to [Removed] at 'A Place for Mom' for assisting us. Sincerely, [Removed]

wasn't a good fit

It ended up not working out at Sterling House of Richmond. He just couldn't do the assisted living. I really wish it could have worked out. It had nothing to do with the facility just his behavioral problem. The property itself was just beautiful. It just wasn't a good fit for him.

Very nice facility - Licensed Assisted Living (All private apts - 40). Age in place - meaning as your assisted living needs increase the staff will adjust to meet your needs. No transfer to another unit. There are no other units at this facility. One dining room for all residents. Menu items seem adequate. Lunch was good and nice serving size. Scheduled meal times in place. In room dining available when needed. PT/OT available on site. Lab draws and Xrays available on site. No Medical Director but work with Dr. P Kumar for medical concerns. Secured Facility - 24/7. Visitor's welcome 24/7. Monthly rate includes Laundry (done individually - per resident), Housekeeping. 4 rooms types available with kitchettes and large closets. Pricing book given for us to review. Families are permitted to stay overnight in room with resident. No guest rooms available. Facility Calendar provided. Many activities listed - In house and Out of house. Beauty Shop in house. Pet friendly facility. Residents range in age 65 and up. Staff very friendly and introductions were made. Facility clean and in good repair. Updated furnishings throughout. Church services on site - Pastor from New Paris Baptist Church. 83% retention rate of employees. Staffing is assessed weekly and adjusted based on current resident needs. 30 Staff associates in total. Day shift - CNA 3 to 4, RN 1, LPN 1 Eve shift 3 to 4, RN 1, LPN 1, Night Shift (after 10pm) CNA 1, RN 1. Director of Nursing - Lora Cruse (1 yr with facility). Poditrist visit's every other month. Outdoor areas are also secured. Transporation is available to outside events, etc. Personal Hygene Items are the responsiblity of family. Medication is through Grandview Pharmacy. If you choose to use other pharmacy there will be additional fees. Cost breakdown - One time process fee (one month's fee). As you need more assistance you are charged depending on the service - Alacart. Those fees are included in facility packet. Suggested that if you are interested in this facility - you should put your name on waiting list as they stay at full capacity. You can stay on this list as long as you want. $500.00 charge to be on list. $400.00 of this is applied to your 1st month's fees once, you move in.

More expensive but better care (in my...

More expensive but better care (in my opinion). We have been in close contact with them, have seen the facility and like it a lot.

Brookdale Richmond is an assisted living community in the historic and charming city of Richmond, Indiana. Richmond is well-known for its beautiful historic architecture and Midwestern hospitality and has earned the All-America City Award twice. Brookdale Richmond has an ideal location off East Main Street close to grocery stores, Richmond Square Mall and the Glen Miller Park.

Residents at Brookdale Richmond quickly feel at home in our inviting community. We provide holistic care services that are customized to meet individual needs. Our staff is well-trained and experienced in providing assistance with activities of daily living in a way that promotes dignity and protects privacy. Residents choose from spacious private apartment homes to find a floor plan that best meets their needs. Each apartment features individual climate controls and a kitchenette.

Our pet-friendly community has a wide range of services and amenities that work together to provide a luxurious retirement. Services and amenities offered at Brookdale Richmond include:

A personalized care plan that is regularly reviewed and adapted
Access to a caring and trained staff around the clock
Personal laundry and housekeeping services
Activities and programs that are engaging and purposeful