ACS Home Care LLC - Northport, NY

ACS Home Care LLC - Northport, NY has yet not published prices.

A Good Choice

My mother had dementia and this group was very helpful. The aide was well trained and very understanding. My mother was very challenging and not an easy case. They did a great job with her.

Despite their claim that are Alzheimers specialist, it is only in name for advertising. These aides are not trained to deal with Alzheimers patients. Despite the promise that if things aren't going well please feel free to call us and I did and my concerns were addressed. I generally try to speak directly with the aide, so as not to be a complainer, but that did not work out well. To be continued....

They weren't bad, they were just sort of whatever.

I didn't have much experience with them and we didn't choose them but I guess the reason we went with the other agency is that when we would call with a question the people would say let me find out and we will get back to you... that kind of thing and it would take a while. It made me wonder what would their responsiveness be like if something happened. If you can't get the people that know the answers on the phone, that gives you a hint about how things are run. They weren't bad, they were just sort of whatever.

They were very helpful

They were very helpful. There were some very good people and some not so good, they changed the people sometimes. My daughter chose them because they offered special Alzheimers care and my husband needed that. They should tell the caregivers if things are not working well to tell us immediately so we could change things.

Just Not the Right Time

We really did not have a lot of interaction with the care givers, which was no fault of ACS. My mother and her partner just did not want to use the services. We did have a very positive experience with the owner; he was very attentive and was very willing to help. If we could convince my mother and her partner to actually give it a chance we would try to use ACS again.

Compassionate and trustworthy, Alzheimer’s Care Specialists grew from the desire to make a difference in the lives of individuals suffering from Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.

Owned and operated by registered nurses with over 20 yrs of nursing experience, ACS is dedicated to helping those in need maintain an enriched, active and healthy lifestyle by providing a companion to best suit their unique needs.

Our companions have all earned the status of Qualified Dementia Care Provider by undergoing an extensive training program created by the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America’s Dementia Care Professionals of America (DCPA). Our NYS certified companions are experienced, reliable and matched to fit the unique needs and preferences of each individual client.

Alzheimer's Care Specialists provides unparalleled professional home care and elder care services in New York, including all of Long Island and the 5 boroughs. ACS Home Care is insured and bonded.

We help those in need to remain independent in their own home, when possible, and also provide care at nursing homes, hospitals and other care facilities. We offer flexible scheduling to accommodate each individual's unique situation.

ACS' caregivers can be retained on a live-in or hourly basis. Perhaps you need just a few hours a week to assist with bathing and other routine activities or maybe you require 24 hour a day care/7 days per week? Whatever the situation is, ACS can assist in providing the right caregiver.