Accel At Golden Ridge Center - Golden, CO has yet not published prices.
Piss poor care. Medications are late or not given. Several times offered the wrong medications. They do not answer the call lights for at least 30 minutes. Very under staff. Management non existent. Director of nursing is horrible, not polite or sympathetic. Would not go there again or have anyone of my family or friends go there. Did not feel anyone care about patient only care about money. Very dangerous care. Only good thing is the facility is new and nice.
Accel Far Exceeded Every Expectation!
There are no words to describe how much Accel means to myself and family, as they not only felt like family to myself and my mother who had stage 4 brain cancer, but it truly felt like home for us all. It's nestled within 360 views of beautiful Golden, has a top notch staff who each genuinely care and have a heart of gold, not to mention a modern Colorado feel that makes you think you're entering a 5 star hotel. The nurses, CNA's, and administrative staff baffled me with their warmth, care, and dedication to serving my mother and making her feel the most comfortable possible. There were many late nights in which they took the time to console me and bring me anything I wanted as well. Accel made the transition effortless for me and I slept well knowing she was in amazing hands. I will never have enough great things to say about them; it truly made a world of a difference for my mother's health and well-being. Thank you Accel! : )
Stone Gate Senior Living
ACCEL in Golden is an exceptional facility!
Wonderful experience! The staff was very professional and caring.
My husband, who had his third heart attack, needed rehabilitation at a skilled nursing facility.
What a surprise when [Removed] from Accel told us about a brand new facility that opened up in Golden (at Golden Ridge) in Colorado.
Accel is a brand new facility that has resort-style amenities, state-of-the-art therapy gym, and restaurant style dining.
I understand that they offer short-term rehabilitation or long-term care.
Be sure to consider ACCEL for your Loved Ones.
We did...and we would do it again!
Stone Gate Senior Living
From the Office
Golden, Colorado is a nestled mountain town with a brisk, cool, sunny climate that boasts of relatively low violent crime, clean air, and plenty of close facilities for seniors to consider.
- Walkability : According to WalkScore, Golden, Colorado has a walk score of 41 out of 100. This means that most everyday activities including errands will require some form of transportation.
- Average Age in the 80401 Zip Code: 30.1
- # of Senior Housing Facilities in the 80401 Zip Code: Other than Accel at Golden Ridge Center, there are no other senior housing facilities in this zip code. However, there are many other senior facilities just east (and in Golden), including Springwood, Mountain Vista Senior Living Community, and Willow Glen Senior Residences.
- Average Weather: Golden, Colorado is a mountainous region, with temperatures in the winter reaching into the high 20s in Fahrenheit degrees, and the low 50s in the summer. Golden receives abundant snowfall in winter and moderate rainfall in the summers.
- Veteran's Facilities: The Veterans Affairs Medical Center is inside the 80401 zip code. Just east are many veterans facilities, including the Disabled American Veterans, American Legion, and Veterans Chamber of Commerce.
The city provides a number of reliable, publicly serviced forms of transportation, including buses, light rail, and even its own ride-sharing organization. Additionally, several forms of private transportation are available in Golden.
- Buses: Golden offers a Call-n-Ride Bus Service for community members. Senior discounts are available, and many of the routes operate frequently, up to every 15 minutes per stop.
- Trains: Golden also provides a Light Rail service, which covers over 12 miles of track throughout the city. Discounts are available for seniors over the age of 65 with proper identification.
- Taxis: There are a number of taxi companies operating in Golden, including Yellow Cab and GO Alpine.
- Ride Shares: Both Uber and Lyft ride sharing companies operate in Golden, Colorado. These companies can be accessed by downloading the companies' respective mobile applications.
Health and Safety
Jefferson County, where Golden is located, has a 1 to 81 primary care physician to patient ratio. For mental health, the ratio is 1 to 232. Each patient receives an average Medicare reimbursement of $8,717 per year. Residents age 55 to 64 are the largest group that with healthcare coverage in the state of Colorado. Most Medicare enrollees in the Jefferson County are treated most often for pneumonia, congestive heart failure, and acute myocardial infarction.
- Hospitals in the Area: There is one hospital in the 80401 zip code, Urgent Care of Golden Centura. In the Golden area, there are many other hospitals, including Saint Anthony Hospital, Lutheran Medical Center, and Kaiser Permanente.
- Crime Rate: Golden, Colorado boasts a lower crime rate than most comparable cities both in Colorado and nationwide, making it quite a safe city for residence. It has a national score of 27 out of 100, but has only 1.38 violent crimes per 100K residents with the majority of crimes being property offenses.
Sports and Leisure
Golden, Colorado tends to cater to an upper echelon clientele, which means many of the golf and tennis courses are offered by membership only. However, some public clubs also exist and offer discounts to seniors.
- Golf Courses: There are three golf courses either inside the zip code or very close to its boundaries. Those include Hiwan Golf Club, Mount Vernon Canyon Club, and Fossil Trace Golf Club. While both Hiwan and Mount Vernon are private membership clubs, Fossil Trace is open to the public and has discounted course fees for seniors.
- Tennis Courts/Clubs: Fossil Trace Golf Club also provides tennis courts to non-members. There are also free tennis courts available at Lions Park, operated by the city of Golden and open to the public.
- Gyms: The Community Center in Golden, Colorado offers fitness classes for all age groups, including senior citizens. In addition, in nearby Lakewood, the city also provides fitness classes for seniors.
Shopping and Entertainment
Most of the shopping and entertainment are found in nearby Lakewood, just a short trip to the east.
- Clothes Shopping Nearby : Westwoods shopping center and Colorado Mills, where one can find more upscale shops and an IMAX theatre, are just to the east of this zip code.
- Grocery Stores: There is a Safeway supermarket, and directly to the south one can find a Walmart Supercenter. For more organic, upscale options, there is a Natural Grocer's near Walmart.
- Restaurants: Several fast food outlets have locations just to the east of this zip code including Jimmy John's, Taco Bell, Wendy's, and Sonic Drive-In. A bit further east, one can find more alternative boutique options, including the top-rated Homegrown Tap & Grow, which serves a variety of wood-fired pizzas, craft beers, and wine options.
- Movie Theaters: Just to the east of the zip code, there are two large multiplex theaters: United Artists Denver and United Artists Colorado Mills, which includes an IMAX theatre.
- Libraries: Both the Jefferson County Public Library branch and the Arthur Lakes Library are near the Accel facility.
- Attractions: Look Out Mountain is inside the zip code and gives residents and visitors spectacular outdoor experiences. For fun with grandchildren, the Clear Creek White Water Park is on the boundary of this zip code to the east.
All faiths are represented in Golden, Colorado, but this is a majority Christian city, with many denominations present in Lakewood.
- Faith and Worship Centers Nearby: A variety of churches, including Lutheran, Mormon, Catholic, and Mennonite, operate in this area, mostly to the east near Lakewood. Muslim practitioners can also attend services and activities at the Islamic Center of Golden.