A Place Called Home Residential Care - Clovis, CA

My husband is a resident of A Place Called Home. Moving him from our home was the most difficult decision I have ever had to make. It took me months, even with the urging of his children, to arrive at the acceptance that I could no longer care for him.

Once the decision was made, my sister and I visited every conceivable place we could find.

My sister and brother-in-law ownedand ran a Board and Care, specifically designed for our mother when she became incapacited. Having that kind of experience in the search for the perfect placement for my husband was invaluable. From the "Big Box Stores" to individual houses, we searched high and low. We found mostly low to mediocre to "would do". And then we found [Removed] and A Place Called Home. We knew we had found the ideal place.

[Removed] background as an ICU and Hospice RN made the decision even easier. His dedication to the residents and hands on approach to the well being of his wards is laudable. That dedication carries on with all of the caregivers, as well. They are compassionate, patient and loving people. All of the five houses of A Place Called Home are immaculate. The food is freshly prepared and the house is beautifully appointed. It looks like a home, not an institution. It is comfortable and upscale homey.

[Removed] and his brother Colin have the unique ablilty to make you feel as though your loved one is the most important person they care for. That is because ALL of the residents in their homes truly are the most important people they care for.

There is no higher recommendation I can offer other than, I know that there is no better place to be found where your mother, father, sister, brother, husband or wife would be cared for with any higher level of excellence. It is an exceptional place with exceptional people.

An Informative Tour

When I came to see this home, everything was fine and it was great to get a quick response from A Place For Mom with referrals. We felt that it would not work out here for our loved one. We were looking for something more hands on with the care.

The Absolute Best in Care

My Mom has never received better care than when she moved to APCH. The premises are immaculate and are designed to provide the best in a "home like" setting while providing ample access. My Mom is a mild diabetic (controlled by medications) and has always struggled with maintaining her blood sugar levels. Not here. The meals are lovingly prepared, have a wonderful variety to appeal to picky eaters, and are nutritionally balanced. Mom's blood sugars haven't been this low for years. The true strength of APCH is in the caregivers. Dealing with residents who have dementia is not always easy. However the caregivers treat each resident with respect and dignity. I have never seen them raise their voice or become impatient. In fact I could honestly say that they treat the residents as they would their own aging parents. Lastly, each house is developed as a micro-community, so that all residents in a particular house have the same care needs. It has been a blessing to have found APCH for Mom.

Great place

Excellent facility, caregivers, food, etc.

I felt like they really cared about mom there.

We looked at this place when we were touring places. This is one that I do like. I felt like they really cared about mom there. I haven't chosen anything yet, but I liked this.

Such a good place.

They are really clean, and super friendly. It's so nice having one on one care. They do play some bingo, and take her to go and sit by the lake. Every time I go they are cooking something that smells really good. We liked where the other residents were as far as being highly functional.

Caring and accommodating

I needed a place for my dad quickly since I had my mom in the hospital. They were very accommodating! It is very clean and feels like home to my dad! He adjusted well with all the wonderful care he is getting. It can be a difficult decision but everyone there is so friendly and caring.

Residential care at it's best

A Place Called Home ...provided excellent care for my mother. The staff always showed love and concern for the residents.
The facility was AlWAYS immaculate . The meals prepared fresh three times a day. Fresh fruit readily available.
I would highly recommend this facility to anyone in need of residential care.
Medical needs were closely monitored .
My family member was always dressed, clean clothing,bedding as well. Always ready when requested to be taken out. So very very pleased with all services provided.

Stellar

"A Place Called Home" is excellent. The staff are caring and attentive, giving very personalized one-on-one care to all residents and paying close individual attention to everyone. Staff are friendly and informative, the facility itself is immaculate - very clean, food is wonderful, entertainment for the residents. The owner of the facility is himself a Registered Nurse and is available at all times, he works with an excellent, knowledgable doctor to care for residents promptly and routinely. With the help of these two and their staff, the environment they provide and their genuine concern for patient care, we actually saw improvements in my grandmother that were drastic almost immediately! This place is the best!

It's been very good.

It's been very good. Maybe they could perhaps have a few more activites that she would be willing to participate in. When the weather is nice they do go out for walks which is nice. She hasn't complained about the food, there are things they fix she's not crazy about, and things she likes that are good. The person in charge was very friendly, and willing to work with us. We just felt as though this was a good place for her. It was clean and the staff seemed to be really friendly.

Spoke with David- RN. Experience is S...

Spoke with David- RN. Experience is St. Agnes ER, oncology, hospice. This may be a good match for mom. [removed] Beautiful, very clean home. Davids wife had been cooking and the house smelled incredible! Couple work together with another assistant whom I did not meet - not there. Did not see the back yard. David has 5 children and seems like an extremely caring person. Soft spoken. He works with a doctor who comes to the home so residents can switch to him if they would rather. This would be a match for mom if not now then future. More functioning seniors.