Woodview - Fort Wayne, IN

[Name removed] did a wonderful job representing the heart of Woodview and their employees. Excellent activities and residents' involvement. Nice room with the best closets that we saw that day. We choose the other facility because of closeness to where family is located.

Did not meet basic care

Not a good experience. Our loved one did not receive the minimum patient care level anyone would or should expect. Professional staff did not follow Doctors orders, some direct care staff did not provide basic patient care (regular showers - twice a week minimum), were confrontational, disrespectful, and unprofessional when questions about basic care were inquired about. While this did not reflect all the staff interaction we had it was enough to realize our mistake for allowing them to care for our loved one.

Would have had no interaction

The residents at this community all had a pretty advanced level of dementia or Alzheimers so my husband would have no real interaction with any of the residents and the only ones he would have been able to socialize with were the staff.

On The Newer Side

This community was very nice it is on the newer side so everything was very clean and looked very good. However, the location was not what I was looking for. The community is situated in between 2 big buildings and that gave it more of a city feel to it I was looking for a more relaxed peaceful setting. The staff was very nice that we met.

Excellent Community

This is a great community, and my mother is doing excellent since her move here. I'am satisfied with all they have done for us. They are taking very good care of her, and her needs. I know she is safe, and receiving good care. The staff is great, I can't say enough good things about this community. They have nice activities, and provide good meals for the residents. This community is working out well for us, and I would recommend it.

Dedicated staff!

I am very impressed with this facility! It is very clean, and the people who work there are dedicated to their work. The facility also offers very good meal choices for my loved one. Overall, I am very satisfied with my loved one's stay!

I took a tour!

The Woodview was a very nice community and I liked it but my mother did not. She did not get a good vibe off of the lady that took us on the tour. It was not a good fit for her.

Brand new place!!

I really like the Woodview. I have popped in unannounced and every time I go, my father is doing great. The place is clean and everyone is very friendly. They always call me when my father has medication changes or when there is a problem with something. I would most certainly recommend this place to anyone looking.

The staff at Woodview have been good with communication.

The staff are trying to help mom get adjusted to living here. Mom is in the memory care unit and they do offer some activities. She usually likes the food, however she would like more variety. They do a pretty fair job of keeping the community clean. I wish they had an area in memory care for higher functioning residents.

Awaiting some info, but positive tour, Nursing home/rehab attached, a bit of a strange layout but in top 3. may do assessment to determine final pricing.

Excellent facility and [Removed] is fantastic.

Excellent Service and Care

Outstanding living conditions and professional staff.

Nice place.

Wonderful staff, very helpful and friendly. Nice facility, plenty of activities. Dad really likes his apartment, the food and the staff. Wish he would take advantage of more of the activities, but he is not that social. I wish they would have had a newcomers packet for the resident and family that included: procedures for visitors checking in/out, how to check the resident out/in when picking up for appointments/off site visits, after hours codes to leave or enter the building, schedule for when linens would be changed and housekeeping done.

Wonderful place!

They do a fantastic job at Woodview, I'd rate them 6 out of 5 if I could! The staff here is friendly, professional, and caring, and they've done an absolutely wonderful job taking care of my loved one. The marketing director, Joanna, was a huge help to us throughout the whole touring and move-in process. The facility itself is clean and well kept, the other residents are friendly, and even the food is good! My loved ones are really enjoying it here!

Woodview had been a God send

Realizing that it is time to place your parent(s) into assisted living is one of the hardest things you will do. When you find a place that allows your parents to thrive you are blessed. And when you find a place where the staff and facility feels like home, you know God is at work. Woodview has been nothing short of a God send.

This place seems to be the right fit for Dad.

recently moved family member to memory care

My family just moved a member from an assisted living facility to Woodview's Memory Care unit as he needed to be in a secured facility. He really likes his new living situation because it is not confusing to him as all apartments are on one long hallway of 15 apartments, with common gathering and eating area in the center of it. When he walks around at night there is always someone around to talk with or help him. The staff is great with working with his dementia issues. They seem to be well equipped to handle whatever comes there way. His apartment and surroundings are bright, cheerful, and clean.

Review of Woodview Assisted Living in Fort Wayne, IN

I am now living at Woodview Assisted Living on East State Blvd. I rate this community 5 stars. Great!

Review of Woodview Assisted Living in Fort Wayne, IN

I currently live in this assisted living community. I rate Woodview 5 stars!

Review of Woodview Assisted Living in Fort Wayne, IN

My loved one lives at this assisted living community. I give it 4 stars.

Review for Woodview Assisted Living- Fort Wayne, IN

A friendly, helpful, community.

Review for Woodview in Fort Wayne, IN

A nice place to live. Caring staff. Open communication with administration.

Review for Woodview Assisted Living in Fort Wayne, IN

Place well cared for, help pleasant and helpful, food good and plentiful, activities- outstanding.

Review for Woodview Assisted Living- Fort Wayne, IN

Like it very much.

Review for Woodview Assisted Living in Fort Wayne, IN

Good leadership. Great activity director- varied programs with something for everyone- "open" for suggestions.

So far it's working out pretty well.

So far it's working out pretty well. The mealtimes are difficult for my loved one to get used to. They do have a couple of hour window, but dinner starts at 4:30 and that is a little early. It took almost a week for the community to get things set up for them once they moved in, to get things like therapy services started. I liked that they have pretty extensive Memory care services.

Joanna was very friendly an...

Joanna was very friendly and very helpful. I really liked Woodview and the fact that they have therapy and long term care all there in one place. I liked the size of the apartments. The pet deposit and additional expense for home health needs are a concern.

Nice homey facility. Joanna...

Nice homey facility. Joanna was very helpful and knowledgeable. Nice courtyard. Good activity schedule. Good space in apartments.

Over rated

If this is one of the better ones in Fort Wayne, then I really feel sorry for the people in these places. I have seen people not getting fed, cold food, workers ignoring the needs of people there, workers sitting around on their phones texting when they should be helping someone there. This is in the health care part of the place. First shift was doing well until they have started taking all of the good workers out of there and bringing in people in that don't even want to work in that area. Second shift is very lazy. It is pretty pathetic!

Experience life in a warm, inviting community at Woodview, where day-to-day needs are taken care of so you can sit back and enjoy the surroundings. Our Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Fort Wayne, IN, provides a relaxed atmosphere of warmth that promotes companionship among residents and staff. Our goal is to enrich the lives of residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating. Residents enjoy an active social calendar with regularly scheduled outings, birthday and holiday parties and group support meetings. Residents can take part in Zumba exercise classes, get together with friends to catch their favorite shows around a big-screen TV in the lounge or, when the weather is nice, go for a stroll to admire the beautifully maintained courtyard with gazebo.