Hamilton Place - Fort Wayne, IN

Hamilton Place - Fort Wayne, IN has yet not published prices.

Great Building

As I toured Hamilton Place for my dad I was greeted by every staff member I came across. Hamilton is clear, free of clutter and I was able to see several people interacting in activities. Best place I have toured so far!!!!

So Happy we made the move

I am so pleased with Hamilton Place and the wonderful staff. They take great care of my mother and I have seen a complete different side to her since she moved there. In the past she mainly kept to herself and now she is always going on outings and has made some amazing new friends. She is so happy and I wish we had moved her there sooner.

This place is truly a great place. I have had no complaints moved my mother in a couple months ago the staff is great. Management helps out and has always been very respectful when I have called. I like the small atmosphere and that there is an outside courtyard.

RUN AWAY- not as it seems

BEWARE- they do not have nursing 3rd shift

Once we put our loved one in this facility, they began badgering her to let them provide more services. Even when our MD stated what should happen and after they were told to address their questions to the POA , they again went and started badgering her within 20 min of our leaving the building.

Our loved one had a fall in their facility which required surgery and within a day of returning, the badgering (or harassment) began.

We have witnessed wait times of over 40 min for assistance to come to the room.

It may look pretty but not to be trusted.

Bad Location For Me, But Pleasant Tour Of This Community

This is nice community, and I had lovely tour of it. The staff was kind, and helpful. My tour guide was informative, and my questions were answered. The community looked very well-kept. Unfortunately the location was not convenient for my families to travel too, but my tour went well.

A Nice Community With Respectful Staff

What came down to our final choice is the pricing. While they were not the best fit for his lifestyle they were still a nice community. Everybody was respectful, courteous, understood ours needs n they were seeing if he was fit too.

Great

The staff have been great at helping dad to get adjusted to living here. The food is ok and they do offer healthy options. He has started to participate in some of the daily activities. The community is clean and the grounds are well maintained. I would recommend this community.

Lingering Odor

I had a decent tour of this community, but I knew it was not the facility for my love one. I did notice a bad odor lingering around the community. From what I saw I feel the community could use some updating. My tour guide was friendly. The experience was okay, but I did find another community that suited our needs better.

Good Tour Overall

I had a good tour of this community. Everything went well for the most part. From what I was shown the community looked nice, everything appeared to well maintain. The staff I came across was kind, and friendly. The experience was a nice one. This wasn't the community for us, but my tour went well.

Hamilton Place Home

Hamilton Place is a small, secure facility. It is visually appealing, clean, and comfortable. It is in no way similar to a nursing home. The residents have their own nice room. Even the studio rooms have plenty of room for a bed, and love seat and chair or rocker. We divided the room so it appears to have a bedroom and living area, as well as a huge bathroom and small kitchen area. The layout of the facility is great, being a rectangle with the inside area of the rectangle being a large outdoor courtyard which residents can go in and out without actually being able to go off-premise. The courtyard has trees, plants, a covered porch and an open porch, all areas with seating. The dining room is set up like a restaurant...and family can eat with their resident...the food is good, not just adequate. The staff is friendly and competent. For my family member, I would like to see more physical activities rather than games as cards and bingo are very difficult for mild dementia patients. They do have scenic drives and exercise activities which are nice. All in all, I think it's a very nice place, and my family member resident has come to the decision that it is a "nice place to be".

Outstanding care for dad

I like this community for the care of my father. He does like the staff and they are attentive. The meals could use some improvements in the meals. They do offer him activities. He does not like that they have the happy hour a few times a week. The value is outstanding and it has a home effect here. I like that the community is close to my home to be close to my father. I recommend this community for the good care and value that is offered here.

Care for my mom

This is great community with good staff who are always attentive to my mom's needs. The community is very clean and taken care of. My mom is happy with the meals and the variety. She is offered activities , but not participating often. We like the value and the care here and would recommend other activities to this community.

Mom Is Very Happy Here

Everything has worked out very well for my mother here at this community. She has adjusted well to it, and she is happy here. We are very pleased with our choice to move her here. It is a lovely community, they do a very good job with keeping the community well maintained. They have a really nice staff, they have been very helpful and welcoming. The location is close to me, just in care anything happens. It is a really nice place, and I would highly recommend it.

Working With Community

The care is good for my mom. It seems to be a fairly well community. I think the staff could use improvement on returning calls and resolve financial problems. Otherwise, the facility is nice and clean, no problems in that area. I only hope for improvements.

Smaller Yet Better

I have no concerns of being kept clean at this community. The staff are friendly, welcoming and don't make me feel like at stranger. I like the feeling of being at home, being that it is smaller the staff are able to provide the personal attention to residents. The food is always fresh and good. My mom is participating in exercise class, plays cards, reading club and is truly enjoying herself. I would recommend this community for its smaller space and personal attention to needs.

Pleasant visit, helpful staff, leadership is great!! Cleanliness is good; patients take care of their space, may need a little tending to. Overall, I would recommend Hamilton Place. Thank you Tammy for all of your assistance!

Nice Place

Very friendly staff and the facility is extremely clean. Concerns arise with care services. Several appointments with the doctor or meetings with a nurse have been canceled with no notice.

Facility is very clean. Staff is very friendly. Not satisfied with level of communication. We were told doctor is readiliy available and returns calls quickly, have yet to have loved one seen by in house doctor. Had an incident where loved one was taken to hospital and have had no contact from facility AT ALL! Shouldn't there be some concern for the resident's well being and time frame of return?

Bed And Breakfast Community

My mother is still taking some time to adjust with the move into the community and the staff has been very helpful with helping her settle in. The community is clean and nice, very well kept. The staff is very helpful and very available when you need them. There are good activities here for the residents, and the food is okay. My mother says it could a better dining experience. It is a smaller community, so she gets more individual attention and it is more of a bed and breakfast atmosphere than a facility for older people. I have already told all my friends about this community and would recommend it to anyone to take a look at it.

Homestyle Atmosphere

We are very happy to have our mom in a smaller environment where she gets more attention than in a large institution. The style of Hamilton Place is more like a nice bed & breakfast atmosphere. With my mom's disabilities and the loss of my dad soon after the move, she is getting the personal care that has been very much needed.

Toured, very nice looking place

Attentive staff

The rooms are a little small, but Hamilton Place is a great place. It is nice furnished and decorated and it is always clean and well maintained. The staff is very attentive and accommodating to the residents needs.

Overall very pleased with them

I am really pleased with them. The attention that they have given to my Mom is great. They have great communication and are very pleasant and helpful. Overall very pleased with them.

Review of Hamilton Place - Fort Wayne, IN

We were looking for a new place for my mother-in-law. We stopped several times to see Hamilton Place. We were very impressed with the staff everytime. Def is knowledgable and the nurses are very friendly and attentive to the residents. I would consider Hamilton Place for myself when that time comes, I was that impressed.

Received literature, spoke to representative who was very friendly, helpful. Visited there and all of us thought it was just too small, rooms too small, not a good fit. Very clean and nice staff though.

Everyone is super nice and they make your loved one feel at home.

Great Place

Moved Mother in a week ago. She is finding Hamilton Place a comfortable, friendly and safe environment. She feels well cared for and happy that she decided to move in.
Thanks to all the staff for making Hamilton Place a loving environment.

Review of Hamilton Place - Fort Wayne, IN

I felt it was very cozy, much like home. I found it to be very clean and well maintained. Everyone of the staff that I came in contact with was really friendly and helpful. I'm very excited that my uncle will be in such a wonderful atmosphere. Thank you Deb Riley for all your help!!!

Review of Hamilton Place - Fort Wayne, IN

The staff we met were very warm and welcoming. It made it an easy choice for me and my mother. She moved in within a week of our first tour.

Every member of the staff, starting w...

Every member of the staff, starting with the Director of Marketing was very helpful to us. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome, including our special needs sons. My mom is having increasing problems with confusion and the staff have been very helpful to her in explaining things. They are friendly and they also do an excellent job of giving the care that the residents need. It is very much like a family atmosphere.

Hamilton Place is an assisted living community in Fort Wayne, Indiana. We are one mile east of Franke Park. Our community has a wonderful view of the lush green woods but we are close enough to town for frequent outings to restaurants, shopping and the many cultural events and annual festivals offered in Fort Wayne.

Our spacious apartments offer an abundance of features to make life more pleasant:

•Wall to wall carpeting
•Individually controlled heat and air
•Generous storage space
•Refrigerator/freezer
•Indoor mailboxes
•Kitchenettes
•Staff pagers connected to an emergency call system in all bedrooms and bathrooms
•Built in grab bars in the walk in showers
•Bright lighting to reduce falls

Of course your physical and emotional well-being is of utmost importance to us and we cater to your individual needs:

•On site rehabilitation services
•Medication and chronic condition monitoring
•Park View Hospital is only three miles away
•On-site hospice services
•Menus are planned by registered dietician
•Transportation arrangements for medical appointments
•Short term, respite and transition stays

We offer plenty of indoor activities to keep you entertained during the long Indiana winters. Residents can enjoy solitary pursuits such as arts and crafts or our library as well as social gatherings including Yoga, exercise classes, a baking club and bible study. Our home offers ample space for visiting with friends in our comfortable lounge or gathering around the TV for movie nights. We welcome your guests with both overnight accommodations and a private dining room for entertaining. During warmer weather residents are welcome to enjoy the beautiful flowers in our outdoor gardening area or spend quiet time strolling our beautifully landscaped grounds with their pet.