The Hearth at Sycamore Village - Fort Wayne, IN

Would recommend the Hearth at Sycamore Village.

I have been very pleased with the overall quality, cleanliness and the care services at the Hearth of Sycamore Village. They are aware of any little problems that may arise and quick to address them which I appreciate. Friends and family that visit have given compliments. I would recommend them.

Nice staff, poor food, not worth the money.

My Mom has been at the hearth for two years. There are still problems with medication being distributed incorrectly. The people that assist my Mom every day have been very good for the most part. The problem is that when she develops a good relationship with one of the employees, the Hearth then re-assigns the person. Elderly people do not like change. I do not understand why people have to be re-assigned when the residents like the person. This does not make me happy as it upsets my Mom. Also, a lot of time there are too few people staffed to help the residents. You need to have at least two people per floor per shift to adequately take care of the residents. The residents pay an awful lot of money to live in this facility; and, they are not getting their money's worth. The new cleaning person assigned to my Mom's floor does not clean her apartment very well. The one she had before this one was excellent. The hairdresser is a wonderful lady. She is very good with elderly people. My Mom adores her. The food is not very good ( undercooked or overcooked); and, half of the time my Mom does not get what she orders. What they have put on the menus is not at all what they serve the residents. Both of the flags out front need to be replaced. They are tattered and torn, which is a disgrace, especially to the veterans that live in the facility. My mom does not go to the activities. When she first moved in she was told that a resident would assigned to her to help her get acclimated. that never happened. I am there at least three days a week for quite a few hours each time. I see the good and the bad about the facility. For the most part, all of the staff is very good. They seem to really like my Mom, which makes me happy. For the money that Mom pays every month; she is definitely not getting what she pays for. I looked at several facilities before I moved my Mom to this facility. The amount of money was not a problem; as I was told how wonderful the facility was. It is quite a distance from my house, which is not a problem, except that she could have been closer to me and gotten the same type of care for less money at another facility. The corporate people that come in from time to time lack people skills. I am my Mom's advocate. She is very kind and accepting of the way things are at the Hearth. I am not impressed at all.

Review of The Hearth At Sycamore Village

I am very pleased with the care that all of the staff at sycamore provide. They are kind, caring and conscientious in all that they do. They treat my dear one with dignity and respect and address any concerns promptly with his best interests in mind. Also they have the best pies and cookies in town!

Happy at the Hearth

My Dad moved into the Hearth at Sycamore Village two weeks ago. [Name removed] and [name removed] were with us from the first visit to move in day and beyond. We were able to see the rooms available, meet the staff, and have lunch before making our decision. My Dad is very happy at the Hearth. I would recommend it to anyone considering a move to assisted living.

Review of Hearth at The Sycamore Village

Caring staff

Caring Staff! Lots of available activities. Nice dining.

Pleased With My Move To This Community

I'am doing well with my move to this community. It is a nice facility with kind people. I really enjoy the staff, they are always willing to help. They do a great job with keeping the community well maintained. There nice meals, and good activities available. I'am comfortable with my move to this community, and I would recommend it.

The Hearth

Hi, thank you so much for the positive review! We are so happy you are enjoying our community. Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

Touring the Community for Consideration

What came down to our final choice is the pricing. While they were not the best fit for his lifestyle they were still a nice community. Everybody was respectful, courteous, understood ours needs n they were seeing if he was fit too.

The Hearth

Thank you for your positive review!

Good Tour

I had a good tour of this community. Everyone was very kind, and welcoming. This is a big community. It has three levels, and 300 residents. Everything looked very nice, and well maintained. They have plenty of staff at this community. The location was a little far for us to travel too. Also their prices were expensive. It is a very nice place, but I think this is more for an independent senior.

The Hearth

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are truly glad to hear that you had a positive experience while touring the Hearth at Sycamore Village!

Need more thorough evaluations

Our experience with The Hearth at Sycamore Village was not a good one, unfortunately. It was a nice enough looking place, but the level of care was just not what my loved one needed. When they did their evaluation of his needs they said it would be fine, but this did not end up being the case. If you have any doubts about the level of care matching I would definitely double check that this facility is appropriate for your loved one.

Clean bedrooms with lots of light !!

I have been very comfortable in my new living environment, my bedroom and bathroom are kept clean with lots of natural light throughout the studio. The only thing I would say that needs improvement is the meals. The food is very bland with little to no taste at all and is often cold by the time I get it.

Special Conditions for dad.

This community is great for my father. The staff was nice, but they needed more training when it came to the care for my father. They do have activities to keep active. The food is appealing. Family members should check out all aspects of the community and the training that they offer for special conditions.

The Hearth

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to offer the very best in lifestyle and care. Please contact me to further discuss your thoughts and concerns. Thank you, Tammy Denlinger, Executive Director.

Great grounds. Friendly staff. New facility.

The Hearth

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are glad to hear that you have had a positive experience with us here at The Hearth at Sycamore Village! Sincerely, Tammy Denlinger, Executive Director

The Hearth is always very clean and the team is extremely friendly! Great facility to work with and provide care for one's loved ones!

The Hearth

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you have had a positive experience with us here at The Hearth at Sycamore Village!
Sincerely,
Tammy Denlinger
Executive Director

Great place for your loved ones.

Both my Mother and Grandmother currently reside at Hearth. I could not be happier with their care. Since I live out of state it is extremely important that the care be excellent and it is. They keep me updated on everything and never hesitate to call and consult me about anything. At Christmas, because my mother cannot leave they set up a very nice table for us to have dinner. It was very special. I would highly recommend them!

The Hearth

Thank you for very much your feedback. We are happy to hear that you have had such a positive experience with us here at The Hearth at Sycamore Village! We love having both your Mother and Grandmother here as part of our Hearth family.
Sincerely,
Chris Gill
Operations Executive Director

Good activities and lots of individual attention

This is a nice looking community, it is well kept and clean. The staff are all very friendly, caring, and professional, and the care they provide is good. They're able to provide the residents with a lot of individual attention. They've also got a good variety of activities to keep people active and entertained.

The Hearth

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us here at The Hearth at Sycamore Village! Sincerely, Tammy Denlinger Executive Director

Our full-service senior community has been designed with your comfort and satisfaction in mind. You will find yourself surrounded by beautiful grounds with resort-style amenities. Meticulously designed, spacious floor plan options and premium locations make it easy for you to choose an apartment home that suits your needs.

Assisted Living: Our Assisted Living Program provides older adults in an apartment setting, and services that include: meals, housekeeping, and transportation, social activities, personal care services such as bathing and dressing, as well supervision with medications.

Keepsake Village Memory Care: Every aspect of Sycamore Village Keepsake Village is tailored to meet the individual challenges of those living with memory impairment. We offer a calm and stress free environment with social stimulation, nurturing personal care assistance and a fully comprehensive activity program. Our staff is specially trained to respond to the unique needs of our residents while continually striving to maintain their dignity through independence.