Georgetowne Place - Fort Wayne, IN

Georgetowne proved to be a good place for my sister, albeit for a much too short a time. The apartment was very nice with a great balcony and provided the independence wit adequate oversight that her family felt secure in the knowledge that she was checked on regularly. The facility had a more independent feel to it compared to other "assisted living" places, the apartment was set up like an apartment, even having its own washer and dryer, fostering the independence of the resident. Hence, it was much less confining than many other facilities. Yet, while my sister could maintain her independence, there were always the support services available that assured her safety. The facility is modern, with lots of open space both inside and out with plenty of public space for gathering and interaction. The only criticism has to do with food. While it was ok, it was not exciting. Yes, it is a dining facility catering to over 150 residents, it would have been nice if the food was just a bit more in line with the greater ambiance of Georgetowne Place.

[Name removed] was great. Nice place but they do have a waiting list. So not sure if we would go there as we were looking to move soon.

Excellent facility. They had a one-bedroom available with a balcony that my dad will really enjoy. [Name removed] answered all questions and was so helpful with assisting us. Delightful dining area

Has A Pool

We toured a couple of communities and this one offered something that no others did A Pool! Dad loves to swim so that was the biggest factor in our decision. He loves living here he is starting to socialize with the other residents. The staff is so friendly and nice here very helpful when needed. The community and grounds are lovely very clean and well maintained it has a country setting feel to the grounds. He really likes the food. We would recommend the community to anyone.

My tour

This is an older community and they have made some renovations to it. The people I met were nice and knowledgable. The community did look clean. We did not think this community was the right fit for my loved one.

Warm and homey feeling

The staff are wonderful and have taken good care of my dad. The food is awesome and they offer healthy choices. They keep the community well taken care of. They have activities going on all day long. I would recommend this community.

Mom liked it here.

They are going through some renovations at Georgetowne. The food was very good. One of the things they are doing is adding accredited assisted living. This community did not offer long term care while mom lived there so she decided to move to one that did. They do offer three levels of assisted living and she received more services than she did while she was in a rehabilitation community.

very long hallways to central areas, dated facility although nice, nice people, caring guide, but lack of certification was a concern.

Nice place

Mom really likes it there. Everyone is friendly and helpful. The apartment is roomy and well maintained.

Profits first.

I helped move my grandmother in here. It seemed like a lovely place. We paid extra for a room near the dining hall, because my Grandmother uses a walker. The GM forced my grandmother to move to a cheaper smaller room down the hall. She told her that her room was being demolished in the renovations. THIS is not true as her more expensive roo. Has already been re-rented. My grandmother is still being charged the rate for premium room. Im not sure if this is illegal but its definitley immoral. Shame on you [Removed]

Smaller Community, But Overall I Had A Good Tour

My tour of this community went very well. It is a nice looking community. From what I saw they do a good job with the cleanliness. The staff I met was friendly and nice. They were informative and answered my questions. It is smaller community compared to others. My tour was good.

Highest Ratings

I would give this community the highest rating, everything is working very well for my father here. The community is very well-kept. They do a fine job with the cleanliness of everything. My father is really enjoying his time here. The staff is amazing. There is wonderful activities offered. Overall they are caring for him well and I would recommend it.

Nice Place for Mother-in-Law

My mother-in-law moved to Georgetowne Place apartments mid-February 2016. She says that she is happy that she made the move. We find the staff, Kris, Bethany, Ilene, Donna, Max and others to be friendly and helpful. Her two bedroom apartment is lovely and bright.

Very nice!

My parents and I really liked Georgetowne Place in Fort Wayne, IN. The rooms were very nice and spacious and over looked the common area which is beautifully landscaped. Everything was clean and the staff was very friendly.

Full kitchen, washer & dryer, Heated Pool

Had a very friendly tour, Mom liked the food and the views and especially the heated pool.
Just she does not need / prefer a full kitchen and washer / dryer in her room, so we are still looking. Good value if you like that, and good that one can go from independent living to assisted living in the same room.

It's going very well so far.

It's going very well so far. She hasn't had any complaints. She got to pick this place, which it seems a lot of people don't get to do. The building is beautiful, inside and out, it's gorgeous. They have antique furniture, and antique knick-knack kind of things, which she loves. It's even less expensive for her. She uses her brain a lot more here than she would at home by herself. They have gotten her involved in a choir, and activities. She is very happy here.

I am really pleased with Georgetowne Place in the (almost) year my mom has been a resident. It is clean and the people are all very nice and helpful. There has been some issues with the kitchen being shut down but that seems to be getting better.

Wonderful place!

We visited my mom in her new place recently. We loved it! We were very impressed with the amenities, the cleanliness, and the staff. Everyone we encountered was pleasant, nice & helpful. We'd recommend a bocce ball set for out in the court yard. Also, perhaps a memory matching card game for the game room. Overall, we left knowing that Mom was in a nice place with caring people.

I really liked Georgetown P...

I really liked Georgetown Place. I liked the amenities and the way it was set up to pay for assisted living. Kris was very helpful in explaining things to me. I am interested in looking in to renting an apartment there, but I need to be sure that it is the best place for mom.

Georgetown Place is a winner!

We had an absolutely awesome meeting with Kris on our first trip to Georgetowne Place. Our mom was unsure if she would be comfortable outside her own home. After talking with Kris and meeting the staff, the decision was easy for her to make. The current residents gave us positive recommendations from day one. Our questions have been answered within a timely manner. The move in day went smoothly. Al, the Executive Director has personally checked in with us and continually offers his assistance with any of our needs. It is a huge load off our minds to know our mom is being taken care of by such wonderful people.

Georgetowne Place

I have been REALLY impressed with Georgetowne Place. The staff has kept tabs on my mom when she has missed a meal or they have not seen her. The staff and residents are very friendly and helpful. The food is fantastic and the community is very well kept.

Very nice place, large apar...

Very nice place, large apartments and friendly staff. We will be moving in on December 14th.

My Mom loves living at Georgetowne Place

Almost everyday my Mom tells me how happy she is in her cozy little apartment. She loves it there and everybody (everybody!) there loves her. She is happy with the services, the surroundings and especially the food. One of the reasons we chose Georgetowne Place is because of the restaurant style dining, there are no set dining hours, she can go to the restaurant whenever she chooses. That suits her personality perfectly. We could not be happier with Georgetowne Place!

Good community off the bat

It is a very very nice community. Our loved one is happy here and if they are happy then we are happy. They offer a lot of activities. It is in an ideal location for our family. When we toured it we were impressed with the cleanliness and the friendliness of the community and what they had to offer. This was a good community right off the bat.

this is at the top of our list due to...

this is at the top of our list due to cost - and room accom. - no comparison. It's a community in itself

Grow socially at Georgetowne Place, where our residents stay active with weekly outings and exercise programs while enjoying some of the most desired amenities and services available at an Independent Living community in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating. We also offer Assisted Living and Memory Care services and a restaurant that allows residents the freedom to dine on their time seven days a week. From thoughtfully designed floor plans to the world-class service and myriad recreational and social opportunities, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Our spacious one- and two-bedroom apartment homes feature kitchens with full-sized appliances as well as washers and dryers. Lining our campus are 15 Independent Living cottages with picturesque landscape view and all of the amenities of home. Imagine no cooking, cleaning or maintenance and friends next door. That’s Georgetowne Place, where housekeeping services are part of everyday life. The community boasts a heated in-ground pool, an exercise room and a theater room with a 65 inch screen, while the fireplace and computer areas are ideal for residents to intermingle on site. Scheduled courtesy transportation allows our residents to explore Fort Wayne, the final resting place of American folklore legend Johnny Appleseed, and its many dining, shopping and entertainment options. We also feature a full calendar of activities and social programs to offer our residents a rewarding, enriching lifestyle.