Wisteria Gardens - Pooler, GA

Phenomenal but with a price tag

I chose this community because this was the only one we looked at that could offer the level of care my Father really needed. I looked at some of the reviews for Oaks at Pooler as well as heard some feedback from medical professionals and they had a lot of great things to say about them. My dad is a very food driven guy and he loves the food. It’s like what you would get from a 4 star restaurant. They catered to residents who had special diet restrictions and even offered another portion if they were still hungry. If we wanted to eat with my dad, it was only $7 for a complete meal which was fantastic! While you’re sitting in the dining hall they have an all glass atrium with a lovely waterfall and greenery inside. It is a stunning new facility. The building is under construction but they keep it clean. They do have walkways that go around the whole building with a lot of greenery, gardens, and flowers. The pictures online really do match what the community looks like. I really do love the staff, they really care. They not only know every ones name, but also the family. Even though my dad had to move facilities, when I went in there they still knew my name and knew my dad. They even asked how he was doing! The apartments are really nice and spacious depending on what package you go with. Everything in the rooms is up to ADA standards. They do have a kitchen with a fridge and a microwave. There is no stove, but I like that because of safety reasons. One thing that was off putting is they don’t come furnished so we had to go out and buy a bed, dishes, and even bed linen. This place is dog friendly so that way my dad could feel more at home. Once a week they come in and clean the apartment from top to bottom. They make his bed, wash his sheets, towels, mop the floor, take the trash out, and vacuum. What they do not do is clean the fridge or do the dishes. My dad did require the highest care they offered and unfortunately there is a fee for each additional thing that he required. When it comes to activities they do take the residents out 2 times a week to go eat, go to Wal-Mart, shopping, etc. They have in house activities like having people come in and play the piano or sing, bingo, and karaoke. The only thing that was the most off putting is the prices and fees. When the hurricane came through, they had to evacuate my dad which is not the issue. The issue was with a $5,000 fee to move him until the hurricane cleared. The staff was friendly about it but it still blindsided my family. Not long ago my dad did have to be moved out of the facility and I was told we had to give a 30 day notice. Even though he is no longer there, I still have to pay rent until then. But, when it came to this evacuation fee, I can’t give my notice until the fee is paid off. So I’m stuck paying rent this whole time while he’s not there. Even though I feel like people need to be aware of this, I still highly recommend them because it is such a great community. If you decide to come here, please speak with [Removed], she is absolutely wonderful!

Great Care for others

I really like community fot the great care that is received. They have outstanding staff memberst that are helpful and caring. The meals are good and a nice variety to choose from. They activities are nice and they have small trips outside of the community that is really enjoyed. the community is very clean and taken care of. We would recommend this community for great care and value to other families.

Wisteria Gardens is a personal care home consists of homes with 24 beds.Senior living services include the following:
1. Assistance with personal care home or host home placement appropriate to the needs and location of the individual.
2. 24-hour supervision and management.
3. Assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, grooming, and toileting.
4. Nutritious meals and snacks served daily.
5. Assistance with medication management.
6. Health monitored by a registered nurse.
7.Housekeeping and laundry services.