Morningside of Savannah - Savannah, GA

Do not recommend

I would not recommend memory care unit at Marshview. Majority of staff are incompetent and [Removed]. They are not properly trained in how to interact with residents suffering from memory loss. Make sure you observe the unit and speak with residents family members if they are present when you're there to get a better idea of the memory care unit.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director at Marsh View. I want to reassure you that we provide the team members in our memory care neighborhood with training according to state regulations as well as in our organizations' unique Bridge to Rediscovery standards. Our goal is to provide a safe and nurturing environment where seniors living with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia can flourish and share a positive life experience. That said, I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you regarding your observations; we are always looking for ways to listen and improve. Please contact me at the community -- my door is always open.

Go somewhere else

My grandmother fell in her bathroom and pressed her help button to which a nurse responded. [removed] My aunt arrived in the meantime and took care of the situation. The nurse called me to tell me that my grandma was at an ER but would be okay and would be back to the facility soon.

Three weeks ago Grandma fell again while walking to my mother's truck. Grandma uses a walker, but also grabbed the safety railing, which was shaky and caused her to fall. [removed] Grandma will be in the hospital for at least two more weeks and then a rehab facility for a few more weeks. No one from Marshview has called or come by to check on her. When my mom or aunt use Grandma's apartment to shower, they have been ignored by the director, who refused to pay for Grandma's apartment while she is in the hospital.

Very nice people here, but understaffed

We have had somewhat of a mixed experience with Marsh View Senior Living. The facility itself is gorgeous. It is well kept, clean, and always smells nice. They also have a great variety of activities to keep everyone busy and entertained. The aide staff is wonderful. The girls that do the hands-on help are all friendly, caring, and hard-working. The only problem is that there just aren't enough of them, they seem terribly understaffed, which effects the safety and the care the residents receive. They have call-button necklaces, and whenever my parents have had to use them the response time has been over 20 minutes. I've also had issues with their administrative staff. It is very hard to find out who to talk with about any specific issue, and when you do find the right person it can be very hard to get a hold of them.

Nice place, overall!

We're very happy with how things have gone at Marsh View Senior Living, I'd rate them highly across the board! It's a nice looking place, and everyone seems very friendly. And Mom seems to really like the food, and all of our loved ones who have visited have also had good things to say about it!

Don't Stop Here

I would not recommend Bridge to Rediscovery. The staff are not CNA qualified or even close to understanding how to inneract with Alzheimer's patients. I think the whole facility needs an overhaul starting with the director.

Nice looking, not a great atmosphere

I looked at this place when I was searching for senior housing. It looked nice enough, but it was also very expensive. I also got the feeling that it the staff and residents were all a bit stuck-up. It wasn't for me.

I was impressed by the faci...

I was impressed by the facility and the staff, but it was quite a distance from our home.

Marsh View Senior living (memory Care Unit)

The memory care unit is just the right size for my mother. All of the staff is very friendly and have the residents well being at heart. Being a first time user of a memory care community my mother has been a little slow to fit in. However she seems to be doing better with each visit. I would recommend Marsh View to anyone that needs their service.

This is my first experience with a Memory Care Facility and I am satisfied.

This is my first experience with a Memory Care Facility and I am satisfied. Marsh View Senior Living was competitively priced and the staff is very friendly.

Marsh View Senior Living Community has 75 Assisted Living and Alzheimer's Care apartments, and is located next to the Isle of Hope in Savannah, Georgia. You will find us nestled among beautiful old oak trees and salt marshes. Step inside our doors, and you will discover charming retirement living, with a distinctive grace reminiscent of Old Savannah. Personal touches create a community rich in hospitality and friendship - a community you will be proud to call home.