Savannah Square - Savannah, GA

My 89 year old mother has been waiting for her heating unit to be replaced since Dec. 30. She has been provided with 3 space heaters, so while temperatures may be comfortable for me, the bottom line is SHE is cold. She pays over $3,000 a month and can't get a working system installed. We were told it would be done yesterday,but due to weather- no kidding- it could not be done until today. We'll see- fingers crossed.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director, and as we discussed on the phone your mother's heating unit has been fixed. Unfortunately due to the storm our HVAC company was unable to leave the island to service us because the bridge was closed. Authorities weren't allowing anyone to leave until it was safe to cross. When we knew of the delay we offered to temporarily relocate your mom to another apartment on campus until the new unit was installed. She turned down our offer and as such we made sure she had portable units in her apartment and our security personnel and maintenance staff checked in with her periodically to ensure that those units were operating properly. Her new HVAC unit is now up and running and the portable units have been removed. Thanks for your patience as we worked through this issue.

Best Senior Living in Savannah

My mother-in-law moved into a 2-bedroom cottage a year and a half ago. We were very hands-on with her move, the staff helped out in a variety of ways, and even provided some basics for her when the moving truck didn't arrive for days. We've stayed with her in her cottage many times, eating in the dining room for numerous meals. Her cottage had lovely features, such as granite counter tops, "wood" laminate floors, and spacious rooms. The two full baths were nicely appointed, as was her full kitchen. Each meal served in the lovely dining room has been good, sometimes very good, with an unparalleled variety of 4 daily specials and 3 pages of static options. It's like being on a cruise!

It recently became necessary for us to move her into Savannah Square's assisted living building. Once again, the staff was great, attentive, and kind to all of us as she transitioned. We're very pleased with her apartment, the care she's receiving, and she enjoys the activities, dining room, and attentiveness. Her medications are professionally administered in a compassionate manner. Everyone is very pleased indeed!

My kudos to the staff for a job well done!

Savannah Square 3 week review

We are very happy with the move to Savannah Square and I want to thank a Place for Mom for the help and guidance they provided.
Our move was only 3 weeks ago so it is hard to be the best judge of all the opportunities we have ahead of us. The food is excellent and enjoy going to the dining room everyday.
The people are friendly and have welcomed us to the community.

courteous, efficent, & a quick responding organization.

A place for mom/dad was very helpful. They found the available places in your area, and had the facilities get in touch with you. The facilities also new your needs, you gave the info once to a "place for mom/dad". They were courteous, efficent, & a quick responding organization.

what a way to treat your loved ones!

My mother lives at Savannah Square in Savannah, Georgia. I live in Savannah and quite frequently eat with my mother and spend time with her. Several of the things that are so very wrong with this community are: Quality of food is better at the homeless shelter nearby where I sometimes help out. The food is too often dried out, not what the people ordered, tastes like it is trucked in, dumped in a pot then served. The maintenance is beyond comprehension: When a resident calls for a service, it may take up to three weeks for repair then the person is not knowledgeable to perform the repair. The manager of the complex is nice and when a complaint is filed, he appears to understand and says he will take care of it - but it doesn't happen for several weeks.

I will say on the whole, the help is nice and willing but like anywhere else, you get what you pay for and apparently, these employees are not getting paid a dime. Everyone I come in contact with, I mention the poor service and poor management of the community - I don't necessarily fault the manager, but the people that own the facility - some conglomerate that does not care at all - let them have their mother stay here and I wonder if it would improve!

Five Star Reviews

Please accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations on your last several visits to our community. Our goal is to always be prepared to provide our guests and residents with an exceptional experience. We have recently made some changes in our dining and maintenance programs that will hopefully make everyone’s experience much more efficient and pleasant. Please feel free to give us a call or stop by so that we can share these changes with you. Our intention is for you, our residents, our families and our guests to be delighted every day at Savannah Square.

Kind, caring, good people

I can definitely say that the one major thing I noticed need improvement was the food. My Dad was only there for a week, but the food was pretty bad. The menu sounds fancy, but the food was cold and bland. Other than that, they are really nice people with an amazing staff. They are kind, caring, good people. The facility is really nice and they take really good care of the people there.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you taking the time to write a review about Savannah Square and for sharing your positive comments on our team members.

We know that for our residents the dining experience is a very important aspect of life in our community so we endeavor to accommodate their food preferences and tastes. We would like to hear more about you father's experiences. Please contact us so we can arrange a tour of the kitchens and an opportunity to speak with the head of our dining services so you can share your concerns directly.

Nice place, overall

Overall our experience with Savannah Square has been a good one. It is a nice looking, clean place, and the people here are friendly. My only issue is that we ran into some issues that caused a bit of a delay getting my loved one moved in.

Five Star Reviews

We appreciate your kind words regarding our friendly associates and the contentment of our residents. I am the Executive Director and I would very much like to meet with you to address your concerns. Please reach out to me so that I can personally resolve your problems. The satisfaction, happiness and comfort of our residents and families is our first priority at Savannah Square. Sam Gibson, Executive Director.

they promise to do everything you request , but are very slow getting anything done . if possible , get a firm date from the management on the finishing of their projects . if they cannot complete the projects on time , an adjustment in rent should be made. the health center and staff for rehabilitation is wonderful . they helped my mother greatly!

Five Star Reviews

I look forward to our meeting and thank you for your consideration.

Sam Gibson, Executive Director.

Save environment, management slow to respond and make repairs

I like that they're in a safe environment. They have a nice apartment, separate from the main building, which I think gives them a feeling of independence.

The apartment has walk in showers and plenty of showers.

I can't rate them on activities because my in laws have not participated.

There is one person there, who is wonderful, but the executive director takes days to get back to me. They are slow to repair things; it took them three weeks to move things repaired before move in, and some things are still not repaired. We've not been happy with the management.

GOT THE ENTIRE TOUR, ALL SM...

GOT THE ENTIRE TOUR, ALL SMELLED FINE. STAFF VERY HELPFUL, VIEWED SEVERAL UNITS SO WE COULD SEE ALL AVAILABLE,LOCATION IS DARK AS TO LANDSCAPE DUE TO TREES WHICH MADE COTTAGES VERY DARK BUT CLEAN AND COZY. ALL IN ALL.............A NICE FACILITY.I RATE IT MINUS KNOWING HOW THE FOOD IS.

Very upscale with every pos...

Very upscale with every possible contingency of daily living accounted for. This is the one that if the decision were completely up to me, I would have moved her in already. Just a few more tick marks and we will be closer to making this decision. Major 'thank you' to Cody.

Cody was wonderful!

Cody was so nice, he was just as nice as could be. We both liked almost everything about it, I couldn't come up with any complaints at all, he was so nice to work with but when it came down to it we just liked the Florida area more.

I am considering the cottages at this...

I am considering the cottages at this property.