Wingler House - Ashburn, VA

Love Wingler House

My sister moved into Wingler House in [date removed] and is very happy living there. Has met many nice people and is enjoying the coffee klatch in the morning and lunch during the weekdays, She is close to doctors, banks and shopping. She has taken their bus or the county bus that comes on the property to get acquainted with the area. She would definitely recommend Wingler House to anyone looking for a 55 and up community.

Income restricted to 46k max for single.

A nice community

Mom likes living at this community. The staff gave us a tour and made sure mom new where everything was. The staff have been very helpful. Mom likes the food and it is prepared on site. The community is very clean and well maintained. I would recommend this community.

Experience Has Been Fantastic

The progress my sister has made is night and day. We couldn't be happier with the care she is getting. She is starting to open up to meeting new people. She is doing activities and going to social hours having a great time. She is taking advantage of the beauty shop which is huge since she had been going to the same person for quite a long time. We are still working on the food but the staff is helping with that. They are wonderful very patient and nice and very friendly. The location of the community is great it is very close to our home. We would recommend this community.

We Are So Thankful We Found This Place

We love it here. I have nothing negative to say about this community. The people from the residents to any member of the staffing is so nice and friendly. Since it is a senior apartment we are able to still cook on our own and do our own housekeeping. We both still work so we are quite busy with that

Overall, an excellent choice for us

We've lived here a little less than a month. Also, we're active seniors so our experience may not be the same as people with serious handicaps. With these qualifications, I'd say this is an excellent place to live. People who live here really seem to like it. Wingler makes a lot of activities available to people. It has great transportation support. It is very clean and well-organized. People who live here are very welcoming and friendly, and seem interested in helping one another. It is very reasonable in rent for the Ashburn, VA area. and heat is included.

On the negative side, the exercise area here is inadequate, and made it necessary for us to find a gym, which we have done. This added a little expense to our monthly costs, as did the cost of electricity.

Also, the apartments are a bit small at 870 Sq. Ft for a two bedroom. But after much work in shrinking our possessions. It looks like my wife and I will be able to be happy here, and that Wingler House was an excellent choice for us.

Resting Easy

Parents have been there less than a year and next year rent is being increase. Well kept area and the people (residents) there are wonderful and very friendly. Great area!

The Wingler House was very nice, I also visited with my daughter on Sunday, but was closed, however a nice tenant let us see the entrance and the pretty gardens, again very clean, very pretty inside, and Ms. Renee Coles, the contact there was extremely nice, sending me emails with information about a vacancy, but again I had to cancel the appointment because of the distance from my family and friends.

They are doing a good job.

I don't have any concerns at all, they seem like a pretty friendly group. They keep the building clean, and are good about responding to questions or concerns. I have been in and out a lot so there hasn't been a lot of time to participate, and mingle, but so far things are fine.

They had some nice features, but it felt like it was all older people.

This was two different buildings. They had some nice features, but it felt like it was all older people. They are switching over to a non smoking facility, but the residents who have already been there for a while are still allowed to smoke in their rooms. They did have a nice penthouse with a screened in porch, and a pretty library. They also had nice community rooms on each floor.

Toured 5/10/2014. It's a n...

Toured 5/10/2014. It's a nice place, in a good area, across from Farmwell Station Middle in Ashburn. It's clean, well-maintained, and nicely decorated. It is an income restricted facility. I toured the large one-bedroom, for which the monthly includes the sewer, water and trash, as well as the gas heat. It does not include electric (A/C runs on electric), the phone or cable. Laundry is $1.25 to wash and $1.25 to dry using a debit system instead of coins. There is the opportunity for residents to have their own garden plot. There is a screened in porch on the fourth floor of one building and a solarium in the other building. The facility does not offer a meal program, however, County of Loudoun offers a hot lunch program most days, which is donation based.

Good place. Too good to be ...

Good place. Too good to be true.