Cascades Village - Sterling, VA

Our visit

This is a nice looking community and the staff we met were friendly. This community has pull cords in the bedrooms and bathrooms. This community was just a little to highly priced for us.

Very Busy Area With Traffic

We liked this community however it was a little further away than we wanted. My sister didn't think it was going to be the right choice for her the location was in a congested area with high traffic and that didn't make her feel comfortable. The staff we met and dealt with were tremendous very informative and extremely helpful and friendly.

Mom is Doing Well Here

My mother is doing well with her move to this community. I'am pleased with all they have done for us. This is a lovely community, and everything looks great. The staff have been great to work with. Everything is working out well, and I would recommend this community.

Everything is Working Out Well For Me Here

Everything is working well for me here. This is a nice community, they do a good job with the cleaning. The staff is kind and very helpful. They do offer nice activities and good food. It has been a pleasant experience for me. I would recommend this community to anyone.

Cascades Village Review

I have been really pleased with my experience here at Cascades Village. This is not a retirement community any longer, though. Apparently, they let people 30 and up rent. No problem for me, but some of the elderly people who have been here awhile aren't happy with this. Actually, I seldom see any of the "younger" set unless I'm sitting in the foyer Saturday or Sunday evening. Then simply see them coming and going. No fuss. Management here is great, I like my apartment - just wish it were on the ground floor as I'm in a wheelchair 95% of my waking time or more - and I worry about being able to get out in the event of a fire or some catastrophy. Have made quite a few friends and actually have a "social" life of sorts. I'd definitely recommend Cascades Village to others. Thank you for your reference.

Very nice place, so far

I've only been here a few weeks, but so far I'm very pleased with Cascades Village! It's a nice looking, clean community, and the staff and other residents are all very friendly. In the time I've been here they've already put on some very nice holiday events and activities!

It's been great.

It's been great. We haven't had any maintenance problems. We looked at four other places, and this was superior to the other places we looked at. The apartment is spacious. The apartment manager worked with us as we were moving from out of state. The communication in terms of what's going on could be better. They have churches that come in, and there are a few activities. The residents are very friendly. It's just a little hard at times to know when things are happening. Theoretically it is a smoke free facility, and there is a designated smoking area outside, but people do smoke in several locations outside the building, and sometimes you can smell it inside the building. They are working on making it a completely smoke free facility, so that you can't smoke anywhere on the grounds. There is an interesting mixture of ages, as long as one person on the lease is 55 then people of different ages can live there.

So good!

Everything is so good! I give everything is the highest score. The environment, the staff, the management, the people there, just everything I love it. I feel safe and good there. That’s all I can say.

Truly an 'independent' livi...

Truly an 'independent' living community; meal plans and transportation are not offered. I toured the smallest of the three styles of one bedroom apartment, which has modest amenities and its own heating/cooling unit. The only utilities included in the monthly are water, sewer and trash. Residents are on their own for electric, phone and cable. The coin operated laundry room is on the first floor, along with a craft room, billiards room, movie room, library and a couple other community areas. Residents were very friendly; it had a family feel which I liked a lot. This is an income-restricted complex and there is an application process and possibly a wait-list. The front doors require a security code to get in; the front desk is manned during business hours M-F but emergency maintenance is also available on the weekends if needed. Local grocery stores deliver food from time to time, and the local churches appear involved; there are services or meetings weekly and a poster was up advertising a free senior lunch or brunch at the local UMC.

A true caring community

I would absolutely give them a 5 except I haven't been there yet. Aparently it's extremely clean, the only thing is they use chemicals that have a lot of fragrances and that kind of stuff makes everyone in my family really sick. In their efforts to go all out and do a really, really good job they use them and I know that my mother has had migraines since being there. I never want to insult anybody and I haven't had a chance to talk to them about it yet but in any case, it is clean from what I understand.
My experience with Tracy Jackson and her assistant Fozi is that they're both very efficient, organized and they're extremely interested in being genuinly helpful. It's clear that this is not just a job for either one of them, these two people are extremely committed to making the world a better place in the way they've chosen to do it. They've made this a true community and they're there to be helpful. I don't think I could have found a better place from a heart perspective, emotionally for my parents and from what I understand there's really a community feel there.
I'm deeply grateful that, first of all they were accepted. I know that my parents were on the borderline in terms of their credit and the manager truly did everything she could to help. Easily many people could have been rejected and I felt that they did whatever they could to make this happen for my parents.

Friendliness is 5 + at Cascades Village

I really like Cascades Village location, it's an independent living facility, the staff is just incredible. If you have a question about the area or an amenity they know everything. They will sit and chat with residents, and the other residents here are very nice too. Cascades Village offers a lot of activities for residents. The apartment I has a fabulous open concept layout. The laundry room here is shared by all the residents, if a machine overflows or breaks down they fix it right away. There is also a trash room on every floor and I have visited mine at different times of the day and never smelled anything bad, it always smells fresh and clean. They will soon be repaving the parking lot here. There are 6 small shopping centers within a mile of Cascade Village. Every resident has a keycard to get in and out of the building which makes me feel very safe. It is a non smoking building but smokers can go outside and there is a lovely sunroom with white wicker furniture. A Place For Mom helped me find Cascades Village and Tracy, the resident manager here, was so patient answering all my questions I now consider her a friend.

A possibility; the prices seem reason...

A possibility; the prices seem reasonable.

Rent is $885 + electric, phone & cabl...

Rent is $885 + electric, phone & cable. Usually have a wait list, but get 1 or 2 vacancies a month. Income must be between $22,000 and $44,580 gross a year.

seemed like a nice place but couldnt ...

seemed like a nice place but couldnt see any rooms as they had none available for showing. Young Staff seemed very busy had a quick tour a little rushed but they were nice. Place looked clean there were some young people hanging around outside may have been visiting but the looked like they belonged there. they do not have a dining room or have any nurse visting or on call, no transportation provided and good for someone younger and more self sufficient, my group need alittle more managing.

Extremely nice intake people and they...

Extremely nice intake people and they made me WANT to live here and feel like I am an important client to them

Featuring attractive, spacious apartment homes, Cascades Village has been expertly designed to suit the needs of active, independent adults at least 55 years of age with income limits. Our beautiful, apartment homes feature one or two bedrooms, a fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, wall-to-wall carpeting, individually controlled heating and air conditioning, and energy efficient thermo pane windows. For peace of mind, all apartment homes are equipped with emergency pull cords in the bedrooms and baths. Cascades Village offers much more than exceptional apartment homes in our library, arts and crafts center, elegant screened in porch, movie theatre, billiards room, and beauty salon. All our relaxing, inviting community spaces are perfect for socializing with family and friends.