Appletree Court Assisted Living - Richardson, TX

My only concern would be incontinent management. Have we addressed incontinence with doctor and what could be done to assist with that? Place was exceptionally clean, cheery, felt like home.

Nice place. Mom has 2 cats though so this won't work.

Amazing Two Time Assisted Living Experience

From the moment we stepped into Appletree Court about 3 1/2 years ago we knew this was the right place for my Mom. The overall facility was extremely clean and well cared for. The staff and caregivers could not have been more attentive and caring, many of which had been there since the facility opened.
The meals were well prepared, they offered a good variety and were very good.
They offered a good variety of activities and programs on a regular basis which had great appeal to the wide range of residents.
My Mom, who was resistant to leaving her home quickly grew to love Appletree and everyone that worked there. They became like a second family to her and us.
We were so pleased with Appletree that when it came time to move my husband's Mom out of her home we did not hesitate to move her, at her request, to Appletree also.

Could not ask for a bertter living envirnonmernt for my Mother

Very caring and loving environment. All of the staff is extremely gentle and professional. The administrative staff went above and beyond to assist us with this move and transition. They even recommending movers that turned out to be the vest best I've ever experienced. We had only two days to make a move from rehab to Apple Tree and they could not have been more helpful or accommodating. Having had prior experience with my Dad and I wanted better for my Mother and found it at Apple Tree.

A great place for your loved ones!

Appletree Court is exactly what I had hoped it to be – a great place for my parents. We first moved my mother and father into a senior living apartment complex, which was wonderful, but without a food plan or organized activities, my mother was lonely. Two years later, when we moved them into Appletree Court, my father’s health was quickly declining. I really wish we would have moved them into Appletree Court earlier, where my father could have enjoyed his time there and the staff and residents could have enjoyed him also. The staff at Appletree Court has been absolutely wonderful both before and after my father passed. They take great care of my mother and she loves the activities, especially bingo! My mother is currently in a 2-bedroom unit which she loves, but will be moving to a smaller unit now that my father has passed. The facilities are very clean. The staff is very helpful and friendly. They encourage my mother to take part in activities and learned her name as well as ours very quickly. The activities are great, every afternoon there is something going on, bingo, musicians and chair exercises among others. There is nothing to say negative about this place! If you are looking for a great, clean, friendly place for you parent(s), this is the place!

a cozy, clean place

I hesitate to rate the care services and activities as I have only visited Appletree. I do not have first hand experience in these areas. I am looking for a place to move my mother when the time comes that she can no longer live in her home. We visited and had lunch. The menu offered many choices and was very good. The rooms are spacious and the bathrooms are large. There is a lot of closet and storage space as well. I particularly like the large outdoor courtyard surrounded by the building. It is a great place for the residents to enjoy some serenity and nature. A screened in porch with ceiling fans is also a feature many of the communities do not have. The staff is very friendly and the property nicely landscaped. It is close to the Richardson Senior Center, a grocery store, the public library, and some shops. Stop by and take a look.

Mom is engaged and thriving...........

My husband and I were first introduced to Appletree Court as volunteers 13 years ago. Because of its efficient operation and caring staff, it was the place we turned to help us with my husband's Mother. She has thrived with all the personal attention, beautiful surroundings, delicious food, and fun activities/entertainment. We are so appreciative of the excellent care and service we have all received.

So glad we found Appletree Court.

My mother has been a resident for over 3 months and our family couldn't be happier. The staff is incredible, the rooms are very nice and mom has really enjoyed the food. There is a wide variety of excellent activities which keeps her very busy. We checked out a dozen facilities before choosing Appletree Court and they far out shine the others. Because she is eating regularly, having her medications regulated and socializing daily, she has gone back to her joyful, friendly, peaceful self. The staff is genuinely happy and truly cares as is evident with their numerous long-term employees. Our family couldn't be happier.

My new home

I am happy to call Appletree Court my new home! That was a concern of mine as I considered options after selling my home of 50 years! The decision was made with very positive supporting evidence of a responsive staff; a well maintained facility; quality food service; a outstanding and dedicated management team; an array of activities from which to choose! Calling Appletree Court "home" was made easier as my apartment decor reflected my personality! I am in my new home and pleased with my choice!

Although I have been here for only four months I have been actively involved in activities including Bridge, bingo, transportation to doctors appointments, social events and entertainment. Both caregivers and management team have been responsive to my requests.

Each day reinforces my decision to make Appletree Court my new home.

Older facility. Staff seems good and nice. Have a friend who had 2 parents live there for years and they were happy there.

Phyliss Jones

We are glad to hear that your friend's parents were happy at Appletree Court, our residents are our highest priority. We have state of the art facilities that are meticulously maintained, with updates and renovations occurring regularly. Our experience allows us to have veteran staff and be an award winning facility year after year. We hope you will visit us in the future!

We Love Appletree Court!

We moved our mother to Appletree Court four years ago and she has never been happier! They have social activities throughout the day including outside guests who perform each afternoon. Once every other month they have Family Night which is quite a production and always enjoyed by families. Their food is superior and they consistently serve a variety of food. Mother also attends Sunday sermon, as well as Tuesday and Wednesday bible study. The very loyal and dedicated staff is loving and caring to all of the residents as well as informative and reassuring to the family. Another bonus is that mother has her beloved cat live with her in her room. I can't say enough great things about Appletree Court, they are truly wonderful and are like family to us.

LONG-TIME APPLETREE RESIDENT LAUDS RESIDENT BENEFITS

As a resident of Appletree Court Assisted Living in Richardson, TX since January 2010, I am more than qualified to speak on resident benefits.

Appletree is owned by a hands-on local family who hired a first class Managing Director. She has been here since the facility opened 18 years ago as has the Housekeeper Supervisor; the RN on duty, the head cook, and the Care-giver Team Leader. The balance of the many employees are superlative caring folk which means residents are blessed with excellent loving care.

Resident benefits include professional management; clean, odor-free public areas; 24 hour assisted care; daily trash pick-up and weekly housekeeping service; varied daily events: games, crafts, Bingo, exercises, entertainment, birthday parties; 3 meals a day; free transportation & maintenance service and FREE cable TV service.

Appletree offers all this and more.

[Removed], RESIDENT

If you want an A+ staff taking care of your loved one, choose Appletree.

Appletree is truly a jewel. They provide the typical amenities that most assisted living facilities provide. It is the cleanest facility I have ever been in. And I have been in many. But I believe what separates them from all of the other assisted living homes is the STAFF. At first I thought they all put on a show, but within the year my mom has lived there, I have become to realize that they, meaning all staff from the lowest position to the Director, are truly sincere and care about the residents as if they are family. The communication between all staff is ever present. The instant a worker notices anything odd, it is immediately reported and addressed by management or whomever can fix the problem. I live 2 hours away from mom and I would love to have her right down the street. But I will not move her. I don't believe there is another facility that can come close to the staff that Appletree has.

In praise of Appletree Courts

Appletree Courts was one of four facilities we visited in the Richardson, TX area after it became apparent that my 91 year old mother could no longer live in her own home safely. She had always been very self-sufficient and hated the idea of giving up her privacy and independence.

Once we started down the path of transitioning, her priorities were a location near her church, the cleanliness, trustworthiness and friendliness of the staff and environment, and the other amenities and activities that would be available. A friend of ours had highly recommended Appletree after his mother's experience there, as well as his own extensive reasearch into the available options in the area.

After about a month living in Appletree, my mother loves it. The residents are welcoming and we can't say enough about the staff. Mother is very pleased with the food as well and doesn't skip any meals. Best of all, she's thriving, both physically and in community with the residents.

We heartily recommend Appletree and are grateful for the blessing it is to mom and us!

Family Member Review

My father has lived at Appletree for six years. Though the initial transition was a difficult one, as one may expect when leaving the home you have raised your children in, the Staff at Appletree has gone above and beyond to make their residents comfortable and to feel ‘at home’. Dad has made many friends, not only with other residents, but also with the staff and caregivers. The family is very pleased with the care, services, meals and activities that are provided. A few personal stories:

Dad was recently ill and took some time to recover. The first day that dad was ready to begin eating in the dining room I went with him. The number of staff, caregivers, and residents that stopped by the table to check on dad, tell him that they missed seeing him, give dad good wishes for continued recovery, and even hugs was overwhelming. I knew that the residents, staff and caregivers were special, but seeing this after dad had struggled with his health was awesome and only reassured me that dad was in the right place.

Someone from the family always attends family night, which is a great time to visit your family member and also get to know other resident family members and Appletree staff. On one specific night after the event was over there were many walkers/wheelchairs that needed to be taken to the residents. Though staff members were working diligently to assist, I noticed that ‘[Removed]’ was also just as helpful getting walkers/wheelchairs to the residents. You might ask why this is so special? I watched as [Removed], an executive staff member, personally knew which walker/wheelchair belonged to each resident. To me, this reflected her personally involvement with each resident and as a leader, sets a great example for the care and attention that the Appletree staff provides to their residents.

Our family would like to thank all the staff at Appletree Court for the excellent care they provide for our Aunt, who has been living there for almost two years now. Day in and day out, they are seen on every level paying close attention to detail and giving assistance to all residents wherever needed. The food is excellent and the social activities & events are to be commended! They also work to involve all in participating. So much fun! If you were at the July Family Night, you will know what I mean!

If you are looking for wonderful assisted living care for a family member, you will not find a better place than Appletree Court! You will be greeted by smiles and cared for with love! Thank you, All!

Great place ... homelike atmosphere.

Appletree Court has a great friendly "homey" atmosphere. It does not feel hospital-like at all. The admin staff are all genuinely friendly and warm with visitors. Each is engaged with residents and truly tuned in with each resident. The caretakers are awesome! Each of the ladies that I have met are warm and thoughtful with my mom. Friendly and warm personalities who interact thoughtfully and patiently with my mom. They are also insightful and skilled when assisting her with daily needs.
The overall feel is warm while staying clean and safe. My mom (and I) have been very pleased with Appletree and the staff.

Appletree Court is the best!

The transition from independence to assistance is never easy but Appletree Court Assisted Living made this passage as comfortable as possible for my mother and the whole family. They were concerned about allowing her to keep as much independence as possible while being there for all the areas where she needed some help. The staff and caregivers are patient, warm, friendly, and loving. The facility and apartments are well designed and maintained. They provide a variety of social activities to keep their residents engaged and entertained. I couldn't be more pleased with the care and attention that my mother is receiving. Thank you, Appletree Court!

Appletree Court was the right choice for our family!

A year ago we had to move our mom from independent retirement living to assisted living. After touring several in the Richardson area, we chose Appletree Court and are so glad we did! The facility is beautiful, always clean, bright and cheerful.

The staff is amazing, from the executive staff, who know all the residents and make sure their needs are being met, to the daily assistants, who serve in the dining room as well as assist the community with their needs (dressing, bathing, wake-up calls, etc.).

I love that they check on her often, make sure she goes to activities, and let me know when things may be off kilter. They are so warm and friendly, and Mom feels very safe and at home there.

I am so grateful to have this special community for Mom to be a part of, although she has dementia and Alzheimer's, it doesn't keep her from being active and enjoying the things she can still do in life.

I recommend Appletree Court to anyone who is looking for a quality assisted living community.

appletree court for mom

wow! this place is fantastic for seniors. my sister and i visited many facilities and when we left appletree court we both said this is it. the staff from top to bottom are very nice and helpful. you can tell every time you visit how well the facility is run and my mom always talked about how good the food is. first class facility.

We made the best choice in choosing Appletree Court

My Mom and my Dad have been living at Appletree Court Assisted Living now for almost 2 years. We looked for a very wonderful place for my parents to make their new home, after living in their own home for such a long time. I did all my homework in looking high and low for that exceptional place. Having to take care of my parents was all very new to me at the time. I did not know then what I know now, but I am continually grateful we made the decision and chose Appletree Court. I feel they get exceptional care. The caregivers and the staff are always cheerful and the facility is always very clean and cared for. I love seeing them interact with their friends that they have made since moving there. My dad had to be away for a bit in rehab after an illness and all he longed for was to be back at Appletree. They both call it “Home”.
I really can’t say enough about my peace of mind knowing that my parents are happy, safe and are taken care of in such an extremely wonderful way in a beautiful caring environment. We are so thankful we found this wonderful place. Thank you so much Appletree Court!

Senior care facility A+

I moved my mother into Appletree in early September from an independent living apartment complex. We very happy with Appletree. The staff is very caring and attentive.

My 96 year old aunt moved to Appletree Court a year ago and we couldn’t be happier with the decision. From the moment you walk through the front door and throughout the place you feel a special level of caring and kindness from every person you meet. My aunt consistently tells me how ‘special’ the staff make her feel. She often expresses how ‘good’ the caregivers are at what they do. Appletree is privately owned and many of the staff members are long time employees. It’s obvious the facility is managed by an incredible team. I highly recommend you visit Appletree Court where you can see and feel the difference the wonderful people make in this fabulous place!

Outstanding facility!

My mother-in-law moved into this facility in December 2015 and it has been the answer to our prayers. The staff is very caring and treats each of the residents with the utmost respect. They really get to know not only the residents, but their families as well. We are always greeted when we arrive and given a summary of how my mother-in-law is doing that day. When she needs something, their response time is excellent and they take the time to make certain that she gets whatever she is requesting as well as anything else she might need. We have never been to visit her without someone checking on her every 30-45 minutes to make sure she is well. The facility is always clean and does not smell like a "nursing home." We toured a lot of places before finding Appletree Court, but I can't imagine my mother-in-law being anywhere else.

Recommend Appletree Court!

Our family has been tremendously impressed with the care provided to our elderly Dad by the staff at Appletree Court in Richardson Texas. Everyone- starting at the receptionist desk, and including the medical care coordinator, site leadership, and recreational management and especially the wonderful staff of care givers- is remarkably kind and attentive. Dad likes the people- the residents and the staff- and he likes the food.

My mother's physical therapist highly recommended Appletree Court. Since the therapist travels daily to several assisted living communities, I figured she knew what's what! From the front entrance, to the beautiful courtyard, to the tastefully decorated dining room, Appletree Court is top notch. The facility is sparkling clean, the grounds well manicured, and the staff energetic and knowledgeable. The menus are diverse and well prepared. Activities and entertainment are offered that cater to a variety of interests and tastes. Appletree Court supplies an environment that supports and involves each resident according to their unique needs, and I feel confident that mom is safe and well cared for.

Easy transition....

Appletree Court was the answer to our family’s prayers. Moving my mother, after being in her home for 50 years, went very smoothly, due to the fact of how everyone from management to staff, welcomed her with smiles and hugs. Mother has been there 2 months and still tells me daily, how happy she is with her new surroundings and loves all the new friends she has met!

Review of Appletree Court - Richardson, TX

My mom loves it at Appletree Court. She says they make her feel like she's a queen.

They look after her and make it comfortable for me to take a vacation and know that she is in good hands.

Appletree Court - Richardson, TX

We were desperate to find a place for our dad under a very tight window of time. We started out with a one-month respite care arrangement, and we soon realized that this was the best permanent home for him. He has lived at Appletree for almost 4 years now. We could not be happier with Appletree! I toured all of the neighboring options and Appletree is clearly the best.

Great assisted living community. The facility is nice and clean. The staff are extremely helpful and kind. Great community.

Wonderful community!!

We moved my mother from her home in Georgia to be close to her family in Texas. We were looking for a place where she would be comfortable and well-cared for, and we have definitely found that in Appletree Court. My mother loves it at Appletree and has been shown lots of care and concern. The facilities are fabulous, and the activities have kept her busy and active. We are so thankful that my mother is a part of this community. The residents are always telling us how much they love their home, and my mother is telling us that also!! A difficult situation has been turned into a real blessing thanks to Appletree Court and its staff!!

Appletree Court has been a lifesaver!

Appletree Court Assisted Living has far surpassed my expectations. We looked for a very wonderful place for my Mom & Dad to make their new home. I did all my homework in looking high and low for that exceptional place. I met with Phyliss at Appletree and she was so good to answer all my questions and took such time with me to make sure she provided all the answers I needed. Since this was a learning experience for me I needed someone to help me through the process, and Phyliss, Dana and Carolyn did this with smiles on their faces each step of the way.
Although my parents have for the most part been very healthy, my father had been ill and in the hospital several times and in rehab for 2 ½ months. My mom had been going and sitting with my dad every day. So not only had this been tough on my dad but also for my mom. They have been married for 72 years and always lived in their own home. Wanting to be together, but needing care and help with everyday life, it was time for them to move to Assisted Living.
We found that perfect place at Appletree Court. We moved them in February 5th, 2015, and I don’t think a day has gone by that they haven’t told me something wonderful about their new home. It’s either how wonderful all the meals are or how well they have been taken care of in a special caring way.
I really can’t say enough about my peace of mind knowing that my parents are safe and that they are taken care of in such an extremely wonderful way in a beautiful caring environment. We are so thankful we found Appletree Court. We call it “Pre-Heaven” and they do too.

Best of the Best!

This is it!!! If you have a loved one who needs assisted care (in few or many areas) you cannot find better than Appletree Court !! Warm, caring, fun, Cheerful & professional are just a few adjectives I could use. The residents are so happy here! I hope my Mother can stay here & never move. It has made such a difference in her life & mine!

Try it! You Will love it too!!

Appletree Court is a wonderful place for my parents

Appletree Court Assisted Living has far surpassed my expectations. We looked for a very wonderful place for my parents to make their new home. I did all my homework in looking high and low for that exceptional place. I met with Phyliss at Appletree and she was so good to answer all my questions and took such time with me to make sure she provided all the answers I needed. Since this was a learning experience for me I needed someone to help me through the process, and Phyliss, Dana and Carolyn did this with smiles on their faces each step of the way.
Although my parents have for the most part been very healthy, my father had been ill and in the hospital several times and in rehab for 2 ½ months. My mom had been going and sitting with my dad every day. So not only had this been tough on my dad but also for my mom. They have been married for 71 years and always lived in their own home. Wanting to be together, but needing care and help with everyday life, it was time for them to move to Assisted Living.
Jeanne Grinaldi 3-9-15

Review of Appletree Court Assisted Living in Richardson, Tx

We love the directors and the aides. this group of employees are professional, sweet, extremely helpful, courteous, genuine, and every other superlative adjective. They exceed expectations!
We are so happy Dad lives here! They create a harmonious environment! It is a six star community!

Review of Appletree Court Assisted Living in Richardson, Tx

I am blessed to have found this assisted living for my mother. They are very kind and understanding of all situations of the residents. Every person is treated with respect. Food is good!! So thankful for Appletree and the people.

Review of Appletree Court Assisted Living in Richardson, Tx

The facility is lovely but it is the staff and care givers that makes Appletree Ct. so outstanding. Without their care, not much else would matter. Mom has lived there 4 years -- she is 101 years young!

Wonderful place!

We could not be more pleased with this place, they do a fantastic job! I'd give them top marks across the board, we really don't have a single complaint! The facility itself is beautiful, clean, and well kept, and the staff are all very friendly. They did a wonderful job helping her get adjusted and settle in, and she seems very happy here! I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone!

Wonderful home for your loved one.

We are so pleased with the staff and facilities. It feels like a home and everyone truly cares about our loved one, as well as the family members. We will recommend them to anyone in need of an assisted living facility.

A wonderful home for mom!

We recently moved our mother to The Appletree Court. It is a wonderful community with a loving and caring staff. It provides fun activities, wonderful dining experiences, family nights, bible study and church services, along with musical entertainment. We are so grateful that A Place For Mom recommended this home for her. She is very happy there.

Appletree Court - A great place to live

Appletree Court is celebrating its 15th year. My dad has lived there for 8 of those years. He hadn’t been at Appletree Court long when he made several really close friends. I liked that Appletree Court was near the Richardson Senior Center, but my dad says he doesn’t have time to go over there! He is busy with activities at Appletree Court: Wii Bowling, Bingo, music programs, Bible Study, bridge, and exercises. The greatest thing about Appletree Court is the staff. Several have been employed there the full 15 years!!! Everyone there, from the administration to the caregivers to the cooks to the maintenance crew, are extremely friendly and caring. Dad and I are very pleased that we chose Appletree Court for his assisted living.

A Loving and Caring Home

Appletree Court was a wonderful place for my mother to live after moving out of state to be near me. The staff and aides were always upbeat and eager to help my mother in any way. Mom felt safe and very happy in this environment. The food was wonderful and the premises were always clean and well cared for. Various activities abounded and the staff encouraged residents to participate and make new friendships in their new home. Activities to include the family at her new home were fun and entertaining. Appletree Court is a family of loving and caring people that provided a warm home for my mother.

Exceptional Care

After a lengthy illness, we chose Appletree Court as Mom's new home. After a year of star treatment, Mom left to live
independently once more, but told the staff, " I WILL BE BACK!" Another year later and a broken hip, without hesitation, Mom returned to AC as a "two-timer." Upon her return, she was so happy to see ALL the same staff, caregivers, and housekeepers. Most of the employees have been with AC for 5-15 years. This speaks volumes!
This is an EXCEPTIONAL community with an experienced management team and 5 STAR caregivers who treat their residents like family. They are happy, kind, friendly and
go out of their way to accommodate the special needs of
their residents. My Mom is happy at Appletree and I am
able to sleep peacefully, knowing my Mother is well cared for.

Thankful...what matters most.

My Mom lives at Appletree Ct. and I am so thankful for finding this residence. But most of all I am thankful for the caregivers who always gently care and respond to each resident and the staff who amaze me with their understanding care and attitude that each resident, regardless of needs and handicaps, deserve compassion and respect each and every day. I would gladly talk to anyone who is seeking a place for the people they love the most.

My Parents Love It

The cost differs from one person to two and it also depends on the size of the room. The care is really good. I can't think of any ways for them to improve. They're very good - very friendly and caring. We chose it because the facility was bright and pretty and friendly. It's close to our house and it's at a price that would fit my parent's budget. They love it there.