Windmill Nursing Pavilion Ltd - South Holland, IL

Windmill Nursing Pavilion was the Worst experience I ever witnessed.
I went there for 20 days care after a knee replacement. Staff was
terrible, convenience for getting food and medicine was on a
get it yourself basis via your wheelchair. No telephone in room
for patients and patients were ignored when asked to use the desk
operator telephone. Water was not served in rooms. Towels and
washcloths were not furnished when requested. Physical Therapy was
the only thing that would pass a test. I survived because each day
I expected it to get better, but it never did.

I visit a this facility. It was clean...

I visit a this facility. It was clean and mild odor. I saw how the staff was interacting with the patients, one patient was receiving physical therapy. I appreciate how the staff respected the other patient privacy when it comes to changing or preparing them for the night. Overall, I like what I saw.

Before I even toured the facility, I ...

Before I even toured the facility, I was so impressed with the administraor and her staff. I rec'd some very important information needed to make decisions about choosing a facility. This facility is one of the best I have seen. It was clean, orderly and again the staff was very helpful.

Windmill Nursing Pavilion, LTD. has been serving the residents of South Holland and the surrounding communities for more than 25 years. The facility is nestled in a friendly, quiet residential neighborhood. In addition, Windmill is also minutes from local hospitals and Northwest Indiana. The facility is a one story, 150-bed facility providing twenty-four hour intermediate and skilled nursing care. When you walk through Windmill you are greeted by staff that strives to provide quality care in a homelike environment. To help our residents feel more like at home they are encouraged to bring in personal belongings to decorate their room such as pictures, a favorite chair and/or dresser. The resident’s at Windmill enjoy spending their free time attending one of our many therapeutic activity programs, watching television which are located in their room, sitting in our beautiful enclosed court yard (if weather permits) or visiting with their peers. Windmill has a diverse nursing department that provides 24 hour nursing care, acute care for the critically ill and complex rehab, wound care, and IV therapy when needed. The nursing staff at Windmill takes great pride in providing the residents with the best care possible. Windmill also has an excellent Therapy Department that provides Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy. Whether someone needs short-term rehab or long term care Windmill is the place to provide you with the care you need. Windmill is also Medicare and Medicaid certified; we also accept Public Aid Pending, Private Pay and V.A. contracts.