Lexington Health Care of Chicago Ridge, Inc. - Chicago Ridge, IL

TERRIBLE

Most of the nurses are lazy tyrants who want patients to lie in bed and not interrupt their gossip. Family members who dare question their absolute authority are branded "troublemakers" and "difficult." They belittle concerns even when the family member is right. When asked to do the smallest thing like recheck a blood pressure or call a doctor to ask for additional pain meds they act like it is the biggest inconvenience. If one no longer has the compassion to be a nurse they should find another line of work.

The food is awful. The presentation looks like dog food - in fact some canned dog food looks more appetizing.

The physical therapists are good. The place is clean and bright.

This place is just terrible

If I could give this place NO stars, I would. I do not even know where to begin. There are so many problems here.
Family member admitted in to get therapy daily. She hasn't received 1 min of PhyThrpy. let a lone the evaluation for it and it's the 3rd night there. Requested a shower; was told they had to look into it, and see if they could get an order. Nurse said patients only get showers twice in a 7 day period. And she could not have one until her doctor was called. which didn't happen yet and it's been 10 hrs later, they don't come in and check on patient. they just leave them in the rooms, meds are not automatically administered you have to ask for them and when you do be prepared to wait. and I was told; by the night nurse and others"I do not know why this has happened, we are understaffed, and it's a holiday weekend" BULL [REMOVED]. so now we have to wait 2 more nights to have anything done! I want a supervisor, no supervisor came. I went to find her- I asked her questions to the above, her answer was I don't know, you'll need to come in the morning when a manager is here. They have CNA's and or Nurses talking abt the patients, some goofing off, on cell phones, a few of the elderly against a wall. a few of them just fell asleep there- one was told don't move and left unattended. There is so much more wrong with this place, please investigate where you will send your loved one.

Good Care

Much, much better than the previous place that she was in. They took her to rehab and spent more time with her. She was only eligible for 3 days a week, but the care was much better there. It was what I would expect from a rehab facility.

Great Care for Mom

My mother did her rehab and skilled care here and just moved back in full time. They're very good. What I appreciated was the care conference shortly after my mother moved in. We revied not only what their plan was for her but they asked us about our specific issues and preferences. If there was an issue they follow up on it right away. They do all kinds of activities like bingo, senior jeopardy, and different low impact wheelchair exercises. They let me bring my dog in which is a favor to my mom but some other residents have taken to her as well.

I really liked this facility. Called ...

I really liked this facility. Called to get put on waiting list -

Beautiful, clean, great nursing home ...

Beautiful, clean, great nursing home environment.

The beds did not look very comfortabl...

The beds did not look very comfortable. Sunk in. The person we met with did not give us enough information. But was clean and looked nice overall

Very limited visitor parking,cars lin...

Very limited visitor parking,cars line up & wait 4 a spot. Staff was good at pointing out where things were in the building, but was not very informative on what I could expect from the facility on the care for my dads needs. Although she was very polite, answers were vague, with no detail. I was also surprised @ 2 things. 1. there is a 6 month waiting list 2. She quoted that the cost was $7,000. monthly, instead of the $5,500. monthly rate for a semi-private room I was given by you. I felt my trip was a waste of my time

Since 1984, Lexington has been a part of the community helping to serve seniors throughout the Chicagoland suburbs. Our sub acute rehabilitation program is designed specifically for those individuals recovering from a hospital stay or recent surgery, requiring short term rehabilitation and/or skilled care. At Lexington, our program is designed with your goals in mind, to return you home as quick as possible. In the past year, we have successfully rehabilitated over 3500 patients in the Chicagoland area. In a recent satisfaction survey, 99% of the respondents said they were satisfied with the overall quality of the therapy received. We offer physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy up to 7 days per week. Lexington is a leader in therapy outcomes. The average length of stay, percentage of goals met, and return to home rates exceed the Illinois and national average for skilled facilities. We also want your stay to feel like home. Our recent sub-acute remodeling features a completely separate unit designed for short term patients. Amenities include flat screen TV’s, electrical beds, wireless Internet, cable, telephones, state of the art therapy gym, and personal choice dining. We offer private and semi-private rooms. For long-term intermediate and skilled nursing care, you’ll benefit from a staff of medical professionals who treat each resident with respect, and support the family, and are sensitive to the physical and emotional aspects of aging. We know that the key to great care is consistency of the staff taking care of your loved one.