Westwood Commons, a DePaul Senior Living Comm - North Chili, NY

Very lovely living facility. The staff I interacted with were professional and pleasant. I would definitely consider this location.

DePaul

Thank you for your feedback! It's wonderful to hear that you had a pleasant experience visiting Westwood Commons! If you need any further assistance or have other questions, we would love to hear from you at [removed].

Helpful Staff!!

I have no complaints about how things are going for my loved one at this community. The staff have all been very helpful and attentive to my loved ones needs. I am comfortable with the quality of care that he is receiving and would recommend it to anyone. He has had no complaints about the meals and enjoys participating in activities from time to time.

Nice facility, staff very friendly, liked pricing (all inclusive).

Sparkling!

We try to visit every weekend. We have noticed the cleanliness over the past 4 or 5 weeks has really picked up. Whatever changes you've made, keep up the great work!!!

Christmas Meal?

We came for dinner Christmas Day. That meal cost 3 times more than a visiting meal on a normal day. The entree was something they don't normally serve and tasted good but the sides were nothing to write home about. For the price I expected more than mixed vegetables. Then, to add to the insult, the meal was served late. The first plates hit the tables 25 minutes beyond normal serving time.

DePaul

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience at Westwood Commons. We apologize if your experience did not meet with your expectations and appreciate your taking the time to share your concerns. Our goal is to always provide the highest quality care and services to those in our community. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly about your experience at Westwood Commons and hope that you’ll consider personally reaching out to Westwood Commons’ administrator. We consider it a privilege to serve your loved one and your family and hope to hear from you soon.

Friendly med staff but that can't make up for the mess

During a visit this weekend the entire building reeked of raw sewage. In addition to this, the floor in the dining room was dingy. It appears that the floor had not been washed properly in weeks. This is a shame as it detracts from the friendly service from the med room staff

DePaul

Thank you for sharing your feedback. A contractor is investigating the source of the issue to rectify it. We hope you’ll visit again soon.

So far so good

Mom moved in about 3 weeks ago. So far so good. She likes the place, it is clean, the staff are very friendly and accommodating. She likes the meals, housekeeping is great, laundry is none nicely for her. Her medications are taken care of by staff. She is very happy to be free of the responsibility of keeping a home and being alone. Everyone I have had any interaction with has been friendly, professional and caring.

Very nice place!

This is our first experience with a senior community, but so far we are very impressed by Westwood Commons! Mom has settled in very well, and really seems to be enjoying herself. She enjoys the food, the activity schedule, and has already met a few friends. The staff is friendly and reliable, and they've been very consistent in terms of things like checking on her regularly, getting her her mediciation, and bathing and cleaning. It was also no trouble at all getting her medications switched over to their pharmacy service. All in all we're very pleased, and would recommend it highly!

Made my Mom a new person.........

Hi,
My mother has been a whole new person since moving into Westwood Commons. She really loves the social atmosphere and they really encourage her to do new things! She has been on the shuttle to get ice cream, played cards, and even Wii Bowling! This something I thought I would never see her do.
All the employees, management and all the residents have a wonder positive attitude and are always willing to help with a smile.
I really love this place and would not mind living there myself.
Did I mention that it is spotlessly clean everywhere?

They've been very, very good.

They've been very, very good. My only suggestion is that they don't have a nurse on duty. It would be nice if they had a nurse on duty at least for the day hours. They have aides all over the place so they are very, very attentive. She says the food is great!

The woman managing the front desk was...

The woman managing the front desk was not aware of our coming and had no information left for her that there was a need for a tour. Because of that, she was not able to answer all of our questions although she was very attentive and tried her best. The facility is very nice, a bit overwhelming we thought and the layout is such that an individual could become confused. We witnessed some activities, including the medication distribution, but most tenants appeared to be in their rooms most likely because of the time of day we toured.

Nice but had bad odors and didn't app...

Nice but had bad odors and didn't appear to be well-staff, staff was doing multiple functions.

There’s something for everyone at Westwood Commons, a senior living community that offers the comforts of home, a commitment to enhancing quality of life, and personal care services in a supportive environment. Our welcoming community is conveniently located in a quiet setting just around the corner from shopping, restaurants and places of worship. Enjoy a pleasant afternoon in our beautifully-landscaped courtyard, or cozy up by the fire on a snowy winter’s day. Welcoming living areas are a place to meet new friends or spend some quiet time with a good book. Whatever your pleasure, it’s there for you at Westwood Commons. Our staff members work closely with residents and family members to appropriately meet their needs. A full range of amenities and services combined with a home-like environment help make the transition a comfortable one. Whether your need is for long-term placement or short-term respite care, Westwood Commons offers quality, comfort and peace of mind at a time when you need it most.