Brookdale West Side Rochester - Rochester, NY

Brookdale West Side Rochester - Rochester, NY has yet not published prices.

“That will be extra”

I toured this facility and was there for almost 2 hours. For 1.5 hrs I met with [name removed] and told her lots about my loved one. I had previously toured 3 other facilities prior to this tour. I have never heard “well, that will cost extra” so many times during a sales pitch. I asked about the availability of sugar free jelly for PB&J and was told that I could bring it “but it would cost extra” for the staff to serve it. So many other things I asked about during the visit were answered with “that will cost extra”. I quickly took a tour of the facility. It was dark and gloomy, despite being 85 degrees and sunny. I honestly rushed through the tour because the smell of urine was so powerful, my stomach was nauseous. I can’t really comment on the rooms, except they were quite small and one of the rooms I was shown needed some repairs to the wall and ceiling. I know why the place smelled so terribly of urine, “it costs extra” for staff to remind people to change their depends. An upside was the tour agent’s, nephew who was trying his best to keep busy while being dragged to work with his Auntie on a weekend.

The staff at Brookdale were wonderful! Kind, genuine and extremely helpful in this process!

Very unhappy.

We were quite unhappy with my loved one's stay at this Brookdale location. One concern that we had was the fact that the security of the facility was very weak. My loved one had little to no security. We were also unhappy with the fact that my loved one did not receive medication for an issue that was [Removed], which was upsetting. Overall, this was not a good experience.

Brookdale Westside Great facility

Very friendly staff. They accommodate all the residents' needs. Clean environment and great meals. Residents are very friendly and also help each other, many activities for them to participate in and keep the residents busy.

For Respite

We used this community for respite for three weeks. They had some nice amenities and it was a nice looking place. The staff are nice and they had good activities. I was a little disappointed when I thought someone would be there while my mom took a shower.

Not very appealing!

The Brookdale West Side Rochester was not as nice as other places that we looked at. The apartment that they showed us was very small with not much natural lighting. When my mother walked in, she said: " I can not live here". The people seemed very nice but the place was in need of some updating.

Don't recommend

We came to this community hoping to save a few dollars and after my mom was here for a month we saw her decline. They don't encourage any of the residents to do activities and they place looks and runs like a nursing home. There are better Brookdales across the country-this is not one of them.

Not so Nice

Not good. Facility is old and depressing and the cost not a savings. They will rope you in at one price then add all theses extra fees. When all is said and done, you will pay as much as the nicer facilities. There are nicer ones down the road and across the street.

Not good

I just went through this place looking for my dad. I agree with the last review on here, not a happy or clean place. The entrance looks like a hospital for sick people and the place smelled like urine. I wound up walking back out.

Don't Bother

Don't even waste your time visiting this [Removed]. I can't believe this is what seniors have to look forward to when they get old and sick. When I walked in the door there was a young girl with orange streaks in her hair and the whole place smelled like [Removed]. The rooms are old, smelly and feel like a prison. Staff was somewhat clueless and running around with no manager in place. They should be paying people to live here-horrible.

Pretty Good Tour

I had a pretty good tour of this community. The community looked nice and well maintained. The staff was very friendly. They treated my family and very well, this is a nice community.

Mixed experience

Our experience with Brookdale West Side Rochester has been somewhat mixed. It's a nice looking place, and the staff was very friendly and helpful throughout the whole touring and move-in process. However, they've been a little less on-the-ball and harder to get ahold of since we moved in. We also were not aware that the residents are mostly female, which has made socializing a little difficult for our loved one.

We had a good tour!!

The people I met during my tour were friendly. The food was fabulous. The community is a little dark and the room they showed us was small. It is a clean community. It would have been fine if it was little brighter. They are very close to Unity Hospital and Greece Ridge Mall.

Not the best community!

Since my mom has been at this community they have not tried to get her to interact with other residents. There was not a welcoming committee. We would not recommend this community. The staff that assist my mom on a daily basis are wonderful.

New to Brookdale

Our first impression was, this is the right place. Associates are very concerned for an uneventful transition. All have been very friendly and helpful. 24/7 staff. Medical personnel available 24/7.Rooms could be brighter. Will review again in 30 days.

Friendly, professional staff

Our experience with Brookdale West Side Rochester has been a positive one! They've got some good people working for them, the staff is friendly, caring, and professional. My only complaints would be that there are some areas in the facility that are worn down and in need of renovations, and I'd also like to see them transition to a call-button necklace system, rather than the pull cords they currently use. But overall it is a very nice place!

Very nice place!

I think that they do a great job at Brookdale, I'd give them high marks across the board. The staff here is considerate, understanding, caring, and accommodating. They were such a big help throughout the whole process. The facility itself is clean and organized. My loved one says they treat her very well, and she loves the activities and the food!

My mom has been there a week an a half she is adjusting very well. They are very helpful in getting all medication changed over to their pharmacy. They are helping her to get to the activity's and meals until she learns her away around.
They were very good in helping me make this decision and doing the paper work and Doctor things we needed to do.

I would recommend Brookdale West Side to any of my fiends if they needed someplace to help with their parents.

It's been fine, it's been a good experience.

It's been fine, it's been a good experience. There are always little things that could be improved but overall, it's been a good transition. We chose this because it had a cozier feel that was more my loved one's pace.

Residents were friendly and happy!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Emeritus at West Side seemed like a nice place, overall. The building itself was on the older side, but it was well kept and clean. I met a few of the residents during my tour, and they all seemed very happy to be here!

Could use some work.

This place could really use an overall and updating inside and out. The carpeting has had it. Why not just get rid of it? Upholstered chairs are stained. Outside seating isn't very functional (and why does everyone crowd around the front door?). Parking is difficult and there's not enough handicapped spots. I know this place has been in business for quite some time and the woman I placed here is satisfied with it because of the low cost but it really needs a serious makeover.

I'm more than pleased with them, they have been nothing short of wonderful.

I'm more than pleased with them, they have been nothing short of wonderful. They were the older of the ones I checked. The staff was great, I toured for an hour and a half, I never once got the feeling that they had other things to do. They were really gracious. The Elder life resource they offer is great. I used the V.A. assistance with help filling out the paperwork, and there was a bridge loan to help pay for things while waiting for paperwork. It's been nothing short of a minor miracle for us. The people component is night and day as far as making you feel at home.

starting at 2800 - did not like at all!

starting at 2800 - did not like at all!

Very well kept facility. Staff was e...

Very well kept facility. Staff was extremely friendly and the Director we visited with was absolutely wonderful. We felt this would be a great place for her.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.