Westminster Towers & Shores - Bradenton, FL

Awesome location on Manatee River. 2 bedroom 1300sf.

What a view!

I preregistered and I was given a beautiful private room with a window and view of the river. The staff are very caring and accommodating. Amber with rehabilitation was great. I enjoyed the food I was able to choose every vegetable and dessert on the menu. The community is well kept and very clean.

Overpromised...underdelivered.

My grandmother has had a poor experience during her stay at Westminister. We have experience with other properties that provide excellent service with my Mother-in-Law. So, we have a frame of reference as to what services and benefits assisted living properties should provide.

Friendly staff, and delicious food!

Overall things have gone very well at Westminster Towers. The staff are all very friendly and pleasant, and they are quite diligent about making sure Mom is taken care of and gets her medicine on time. They respond quickly to any issues that come up, be they maintenance or care issues. The facility itself is clean, well kept, and pleasant, and there are no odors whatsoever. They do her laundry twice a week. Mom also really enjoys the food here, and food was one of our main pre-requisites. Mom has been a fantastic cook all her life, and now that she can't cook for herself being able to enjoy delicious food is still very important to her. Overall we're very pleased with this place, and would recommend to others who are looking!

Not as Nice

They were very nice. That was our second choice. Very, very nice place. They were more expensive for what we wanted and they didn't have near the amenities. They didn't have people to do laundry, but they did have light housekeeping every other week. None of the apartments had washers or dryers. They just were not as nice.

Very, very Five Star!!!

I went to 5 or 6 different places and Westminster was the only place that made you feel like you mattered, that you have value. Other places I toured had a lot of residents hanging around in the lobby with no one attending to them. Not at Westminster, they have been wonderful, everything has been great. The staff is very friendly. There are lots of activities that my loved ones are interested in but haven't started them just yet, so I'll update my "Activities" ratings when I have more perspective.