Westminster Manor - Bradenton, FL

Big Results From A Small Facility

I have been a rehab patient at the Manor twice now. Both times I can say that I am glad that I made that choice. The therapy team did a great job planning out and performing my therapy. The nursing team did a great job caring for my wounds and ensuring that not only were my immediate needs taken care of but that other areas of need were addressed. A small facility with a big caring heart.

Not a good place

My experience with having my mom at westminster health center was not very favorable. We placed her there after a hospital stay as a trial to see if we might consider having there permanently in skilled nursing and have dad move to the assisted living side so they could be together in a facility. But after this trial experience, I would not recommend sending your loved one there. The occupational and physical therapy staff are quite capable and caring, and they should be complimented, but other than that, much needs improvement. In particular, nursing staff and supervision needs improvement. Although I visited practically every day, getting updates on mom's condition and progress was always like pulling teeth. There was always a lot of "it's not my job" or go talk to do and so, who would refer you to someone else. Even the nursing supervisor had similar attitude, so there's a problem for sure. Also, my mother has no use of right arm so needs her food cut for her. On two occasions i visited at mealtime. However no one pair attention or cut her food. I typically don't write reviews but this experience prompted me to do so. The facility also needs a thorough cleaning, as in several occasions, soon as you walk in the door, there is an unappealing smell. The assisted living side of westminster may be good, but I can't recommend their health center if your loved one needs that kind of care.

This community is adequate for our needs. Very caring, faith-based facility with nice rooms, several options for living style (garden building vs central high-rise). Activities are mostly up to residents to organize. Attractive, well-maintained buildings. Good value for the fees.

Best facility in town for the value. The super elite places may be better but are generally not covered by insurance.

My best friend had a horrible past experience in another skilled nursing facility so we toured the facilities before choosing Westminister Manor Health Center. They were far superior to the other local facilities. It is clean, most of the staff is cheerful and helpful, although they do get frustrated too. The rooms are nice and homey and do not have a hospital feel. The food is decent and they allow you many choices. The physical therapists work hard to help the patients improve.
I will mention the one bad review stated mixing rehab patients with long term nursing patients, so I think they may have had mixed up the facility with some other place. This is a rehabilitative skilled nursing facility, not a long term nursing home.

Westminster Manor is a great place

The people at Westminster Manor were simply great with my dad. They treated him with respect, humor and love. It is the people who make it like home. He was laughing and joking the whole time he was there.

His room and the facility were clean and the staff was very responsive to any of our concerns. We were very happy with his care!

Just Right

My mom and I visited several properties in the area. She had a budget but could afford most. There were fancier places, but they made her feel uncomfortable. After visiting this location, she said she had found the right blend for her. [Removed], our sales representative, was kind, not pushy and honest. My mom suddenly become excited about this stage of her life and all the choices vs. limitations. She's been there for a few months now and has thanked me several times for pushing her to move into an independent living facility. Couldn't be happier that she's happy and safe.

Caring with kindness

We could no longer care for mom at home and we were in another facility that is a BIG corporation in town and all over. Name doesn't count when care is poor. We toured Westminster Manor health center and the cleanliness was noticed along with the staff interaction with residents. Now of course there are"smells" from time to time , but hey, there's a smell at times in my bathroom area too. It's not always roses if you know what I mean?
Anyhow, I find them to include residents in daily activities, helping with meals and keeping them engaged as much as possible. All you have to do is ask the staff and they are willing to direct you in the right direction for any issue or administration. Were invited to all care plan meetings too.
This has been hard to no longer be able to keep mom home, but sure glad she's here with caring staff.

Horrible!!! Stay away!

If I could give a zero I would. Horrible! My mother was transferred here for rehab after a stroke. Your eyes water and nose burns from the urine smell the minute you walk thru the door. The staff must be nose blind. Rehab is mixed with long term nursing care patients which certainly is NOT an encouraging atmosphere for rehab patients. My mother asked several times if this was where she would be staying. We said NO and she replied.. Oh Thank God!
We never knew who her doctor was. What her care plan was. Who her social worker was etc. We started working on getting her out as soon as we could. By the way-- when we asked to tour the place prior to her transfer--- we were NEVER shown THIS area of facility. Run-- do not walk--away from this place. I have much more to say and many more examples (with documentation AND videos). Just ask...

My Mother Loves The Food

It has been an adjustment for mother to the community, but overall everything is working out pretty well. She is trying to make some new friends, and trying out some of the activities they offer. The community is well-kept, they do keep her room and the community nice and clean. I feel their responsive time for maintenance issues needs to be better. She is pleased with the food. They are providing great to her.

Dorothy McNichol/ Westminster review

My friend Dorothy [removed] just moved in 3 weeks ago, and It has been diffucult time for her. Mark and all of the staff have been very helpful. I am very impressed with the Westminster community, The food is outstanding, and I would recommend Westminster to anyone that would need your services.

Extremely nice people.

I am just waiting to get my own mobile unit here at this facility. I love everything so far and it looks like hopefully in the next 2 months i will be moved in here.

MJB West-Man Review

I am disappointed with the clarity of the facilites medical care and it's certification: to do certain care procedures in Assisted Living. e.g. 1. therapy care and the need for outsides services to continue therapy; what kinds of procedures can/cannot be done in house.
2. Poor communication with the "house " doctor and patient needs.
I am still unclear about billing procedures for medicare, pharmacy, housing costs, and rate increases. Have to be vigilant on the costs. I am having 2nd thoughts about Auto-Pay.

Mark Weaver is Awesome

My dad has since moved out of Westminster, but it wasn't because of anything they did. He just didn't want to be in an assisted living place. Mark Weaver at Westminster was great - he was a huge help. Everything about the community was great, can't say enough good about it.

Nice Place and Good Rehab

I went in to their rehab when I had my last knee replacement and I sat with a lot of the ladies that were in their assisted living. I thought, overall, it was a very nice place. They had 3 or 4 dining rooms and their rehab was nice. The guys that worked on me did a really good job. The expense is a little on the high side but if you can afford it, it's a nice place.

Very nice good value for th...

Very nice good value for the money but units do not have a kitchen just a small microwave and refrigerator

We toured here on 7/25. My...

We toured here on 7/25. My parents liked it; felt comfortable.

Choose a waterfront mid and high-rise or downtown apartment home or embrace luxury in a “Majestic” villa for that “Home of your Own”
Located in Bradenton, Westminster Communities make up a multifaceted community that has all the ingredients to make your dreams for the future come true right now. From the splendor of a waterfront view out your beautiful two-bedroom mid-rise residence to the convenience of city living in a luxurious downtown apartment home, both campuses that comprise Westminster are close to everything that defines active living in Florida.
Enjoy the tranquility of the Manatee River at the Towers or Shores. Make the most of in-town living at the Manor. Either way, this community has all the ingredients to make your active-living dreams for the future come true today.
Westminster Communities of Bradenton also provide Residential Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing services.
When you choose one of the Westminster's modern downtown apartment homes or opt for a beautiful residence with panoramic water views, you'll maintain exactly the active lifestyle you desire, while benefiting from an array of active-living programs, on and off campus planned activities along with a stunning array of first class amenities.