Brookdale Palma Sola - Bradenton, FL

Brookdale Palma Sola - Bradenton, FL has yet not published prices.

street map for Brookdale Palma Sola - Bradenton, FL

Survived The Hurricane NO DAMAGE

I am so comfortable with the care mom is receiving here. She really likes it here she enjoys the other residents and doing what activities she can. During the hurricane they sheltered in place had them in a safe area of the building they never lost power and were back in their rooms by night fall. The staff handled the crisis well very professional and I was appreciative of that. The staff over all is very kind the administration has an open door policy with the residents and families they are very responsive to anyone's concerns. Mom isn't a fan of the food but I have eaten here and I found the food to be good. The rooms are a little on the small side but mom is comfortable and that is what matters. The location is great very close to my home and is on my way home from work.

Kind Community, My Tour Was Nice

This is a wonderful community, and I had a nice tour of it. The staff was very kind, and helpful. My tour guide was informative, and answered. From what I saw the community was neat, and tidy. The experience went well over, but I did find another that was a better location for my family.

Nice facility, friendly staff, residents look like they are having fun

Father is Doing Well at This Community

My father is enjoying his time in this community. It is a nice facility, and I'am comfortable with his move here. I know he is safe, and in good hands. They have a friendly, kind staff, and they have been helpful when needed. When I visit everything is nice, and well maintained. He loves the meals, the food is good. They offer plenty of activities for the residents. He is doing good, and this has been a good move for him to this community. I would recommend it.

Couldn't leave my loved one here!

After less than three weeks I moved my mother OUT of Brookdale Palma Sola. Issues were: 1) Filthy facility 2) terrible food 3) unkept promises regarding assistance
4) unable to get through to facility at various times of the day

Dad is making a good adjustment

They have a robust calendar of activities. The food is ok and they keep the community clean. I am pleased with the staff. They are friendly, helpful and we have good communication. We liked that dad was able to keep his dog. His room has a sliding door so we were able to put in a doggy door. This community seemed to be the most accommodating regarding pets. I would recommend this community.

Building Safety

The maintenance staff is wonderful here. They take care of everything I have asked including hanging pictures.

A Place For Mom - Was our first call and within mins ...I got the first call and about 8 emails From there the Staff at Brookdale (at Palma Sola )[Removed] and the entire staff are just amazing and the could not have better more loving and caring for our 93yr old love one! They made the paperwork and the moving in as easy as possible !
If you have a love one and your thinking of where ...stop by and meet the Staff at Brookdale at Palma Sola ... it only been a week and the entire staff is like family !!!
[Removed]

All Was Excellent

My mom spent 2 night in the community. During that time the staff were all very nice to us while caring for my mom. Everything was excellent, we are just disappointed she did not get the full experience. Although, once she did get to go and participate with the wheelchair exercise class.

Staff Needs Improvement!!

The Brookdale Palma Sola could use a lot of improvements. The staff for the most part is very helpful except for one nurse in particular. The day time nurse, I can not remember her name, is less than desirable. She is loud, rude and I can hear her through the walls complaining about other residents during my visit with mom. When my mother first moved into this community, she had a hurt her ankle and a few scratch marks. When she went to the nurse's station, that same nurse was there and told her she did not have any band aids. I find it unlikely that a nurse's station would not have band aids. The food was good when she first moved in but now it seems they have lost most of their kitchen staff and changed their chef. I find when I visit my mother the nurses themselves are serving dinner or snacks to the residents which I do not think is right. They should be focusing on the care of the residents. The community is kept clean. They should work on helping new residents get acclimated.

Older building, people there very nice, made a good 1st impression.

Good, but not Great

Overall, the staff is helpful & friendly. There are a few 'sour apples' however, that have made getting my parent settled in difficult. Those few individuals seem to put up barriers, rather than helping or even going the extra mile, as others do. All in all, we do believe the place is safe, clean, and a good value, however, there is one individual they need to 'let go'. They are also, at least at this time, very understaffed. Employees seem overwhelmed and hurried, and if there is one thing I have learned when dealing with the elderly, hurried is not acceptable behavior. Many times, the front area seems to be in chaos, but that being said, if they will work on those issues, this place would be a solid 5 stars. They also need to work a bit closer, and hands on, with the 'new' residents to assist them get comfortable with their new surroundings.

Getting Adjusted

This is a nice community and everything is working out well for me here. I do like this community, but I am still getting adjusted. They keep the community very clean and my room looks really nice. I love the staff they are very nice and extra helpful. I am meeting some new people and trying some new activities. The food isn't to bad. Overall this is a nice community with a nice staff.

Love The Facility

Love the facility and the staff goes above and beyond to help and make feel welcome. Saved flying down and travel able to easily by email.

Good Place Suits Our Needs

Emeritus at Bradenton is a good community. The management staff seemed warm and friendly until my Dad was signed up.The wait staff, maintenance staff and caregivers are all very friendly. Dad states that the food is good, no long wait times and the residents are waited on. Usually there are 2 choices for dinner. My Dad was in need of a handicapped toilet and it seemed to take quite a long time to have it installed. It took some complaining on my part to get the issue resolved. The ratio of resident to staff seems better during the day and more sparse on evenings. Dad forgot to sign out for an appointment and I must say they were right on the phone with me to inquire about him. He did fall in the bathroom and it took quite a long time for him to be attended to. Overall a good value for the amount.

Friendly out going staff

I have a family memeber who lives at this facilty and she loves it there. She always brags on the staff and how they spoil her. She is also alwasy talking about the activites and how much there is do and not enough time for Jan to do all she wants to do. I am always welcomed to the community and even the activities when im there visiting. The only thing i would say that needs some attention is the carpet it is stained something awful. You go one day it looks great and then a week later all the stains are back.

rent for a studio too much ...

rent for a studio too much the want $2400 or a $5,000 non refundable fee to reduce rent by $250

30 Minuet wait for bathroom.

They are behind when it comes to cleaning. The bathroom is always dirty. When we enrolled mom they promised that they would do and offer certain services none of which are done efficiently. When mom needs something like to use the bathroom she has to wait 30 – 40 minuets for someone to respond. My mom needs a place with a much more qualified staff. The only plus is that they always have someone their to listen.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system