Water's Edge of Bradenton - Bradenton, FL

Water's Edge of Bradenton - Bradenton, FL has yet not published prices.

Disappointed

I moved my husband out of Waters Edge to a program better suited for his needs.
They were short staffed. Activites not being done. Never getting outside. The staff were wonderful and always saying how overwhelmed they were.

Dads New Home

We were thrilled to find a comfortable place for my Dad. As we entered into this venture we had no idea where to start especially since my sisters and I were from out of state. A place for Mom was recommended to us and I thank God daily. Waters Edge is everything we prayed for. It is friendly, has creativity activities, delicious food as well as transportation. The friends my Dad has made are priceless. Thank you Tami for all you did to make this happen with the ease and comfort we needed to move Dad into his new home.
I can call anytime to check in to see how he is doing. All the staff know him on a first name basis and continue to make sure his needs are met. Thank you Waters Edge!

Sounds great ! Not sure it would be affordable

This is our first choice. We absolutely loved it. [Name removed], the marketing director is so helpful, knowledgeable and so sweet.

SeniorAdvisor is a valuable service.

Using SeniorAdvisor.com was a very good decision. I used A Place for Mom to find a retirement community that provided everything I needed now and in the foreseeable future. My advisor developed a list of places with pros and cons, and I visited each one. My advisor kept in touch, via phone and email. It was a wonderful experience and saved a lot of legwork. I am very happy in the facility I selected, and would recommend SeniorAdvisor.com and A Place for Mom to the senior or to family members.

Wonderful staff and facility

My uncle and aunt were used to be independent but when my aunt developed Alzheimer’s it made it difficult for my uncle to take care of himself and her. It took a bit but we found Water’s Edge and they’ve been so amazing and helpful with the transition and I definitely recommend this facility. The minute we stepped in the door to move my family in, they were right there, so warm and welcoming. The nurses are helpful and sweet and this whole thing has just been a great experience. It didn’t take me long to make a decision on this facility and you’ll see why. The food is nutritious and there’s plenty of it, however something I don’t like is that they have the residents choose all of the meals they want for the week, which I think can be a little bit difficult unnecessarily. Everything is really clean, they take out the trash frequently, and they keep the facility looking nice. They have a pool and bingo and I know that my uncle loves that especially. They also have memory care, so if something were to happen, my aunt wouldn’t have to move to another home just to be taken care of.

Nothing is working as they had promised

Our experience at Water's Edge of Bradenton has not been a good one. We placed my mother there because of the activities director and he was let go shortly after my mom moved in and they have not replaced him. My mother is still high function even with her dementia and in the memory unit, there are not enough things for her to do. We have asked that they take her to the assisted living area so she can be a part of their activities and join in the dining room there, but this just is not happening and it has been very trying for me to get them to follow through with anything and they always seem to have an excuse for why it has not happened.
Right now I would not recommend this community hopefully things will start to change in the future.

Beautiful new property. Lots of spacious areas for activites. Room too small for my parent's needs. On two floors and need to go between buildings which would present issues. A little on the high side $$.