Astoria Retirement Residence - Port Coquitlam, BC

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Review of Astoria Retirement Residence

The only negative is that my husband is in another area so we are not together. The staff here is excellent, the food good and presented attractively, and the building very clean and beautifully maintained. This was my choice and I couldn't be happier elsewhere. The activities are amazing - if you can't find things here to interest and involve you - you better look into yourself.

Love Astoria!!

Love Astoria! From the first steps in the door we knew this was the place for Dad. The decor, the facilities, the rooms, and especially the friendliness, both of staff and residents, made Astoria stand out above all other residences. The staff bent over backwards to accommodate us and make Dad welcome. The pricetag is high, but the quality is excellent.

Astoria

In my opinion , everyone has been very easy to deal with. Every one is helpful, and friendly from the advisors Mary and Courtenay who are very conscious of my needs to Dawn on the front desk, dining room staff, maintenance people, and cleaning staff. Meals are excellent.
So far I would rate the facility and staff A+
Regards
Bob

A couple of points.

This is a quality retirement living. My Mother is quite happy with the exception of a couple of things. One being there are no activities to do with arts and crafts. She loves painting and it would be nice to have a instructor and classes. The second is the smoking. The people who smoke are abiding by the rules and going outdoors. I feel it is a very [removed] situation for these seniors! The area is not closed in and there is no heater of any kind. These seniors are going to get very sick as this cold weather approach's.
Could you consider a stand up heater for the smokers corner?

I feel my father is well looked after here!