Guildford Seniors Village - Surrey, BC

Guildford Seniors Village - Surrey, BC has yet not published prices.

Great Respite Care At Guildford Seniors Village

I have been able to spend some weeks at the Guildford Seniors Village during the past year as a respite resident. It's one of the best places around for respite care. Well-located in the downtown part of Guildford, it's a clean and secure environment with delicious meals, excellent staff, and lots of good recreational choices.
My first two-week stay was in August 2018 when I was beginning to recuperate from an aneurysm/stroke I had in November 2017. At that time, I could not do much by myself so relied on the capable and loving care given to me by everyone at the Village.
My second visit was in December 2018 before Christmas. On this visit, I was able to sit on the side of the bed for a short period and feed myself with my left hand only. I was still quite needy for assistance to bathe and dress. I was taken in a wheelchair to meals and other events. Staff were always happy to help me whether it be bathing, dressing, or taking me to recreation activities. I felt very lucky to be in my 'home away from home'.
My third visit to the Guildford Seniors Village was in April 2019. After seven months of physiotherapy, I had improved considerably. I was now in a walker, feeding myself, and dressing myself. However, I am 88 and still need assistance with some daily activities. The Village has been the perfect place for me at all stages of my recovery.

Trustworthy and safe

My dad passed away on [date removed] this year in his room at the Guildford Seniors Village. Dad received warm and professional care during his short but comfortable stay (five months) in this nursing home. The daily communication between the nursing staff to keep me abreast of dad’s medical needs and condition was excellent. I live on Vancouver Island and unable to visit as often as I would have liked but my morning phone call to the second floor nursing station was answered immediately and his nurse gave me an update on his physical, mental and emotional state. I know how many residents the nurses and aids are looking after but they always made me feel that my concerns and dad were important. When I did visit, I felt welcome and included. There were many organized gatherings (Halloween, Remembrance Day, New Years, St Patrick’s Day) and a private dining area where our family had a Christmas party with dad. Involvement in the recreational activities is encouraged but residents’ choices to be alone are respected. In our situation, the palliative care provided was professional and personal. I appreciated the guidance and sincere concern I received from the administration and caregivers at the Guildford.

A Homey Atmosphere.

My mother passed away on May 4, this year. Her residence lasted almost 7 years and during that time, care was given to her and respect shown. Like all care homes, the need for more help is evident and the quality of general housekeeping did lack in some areas. But upgrades to painting the halls and rooms and trying to maintain all the required elements is evident with such a short staff. Meanwhile, under trying conditions at times for the staff, they remained happy and jovial with the residents. Holidays were treated with fun and decorations hung to brighten the mood. I would recommend Guildford Seniors Village to others, but be prepared to lend a hand and be there for your loved ones as well.

Mediocre community

When you first meet them say how great it will be, making it sound amazing. Totally snowing you, to get you signed up.
The staff provides good service treat loved ones with respect, management so - so. Sometime you leave a voice mail and they don't call back, very frustrating as you are trusting them to care for your loved one. I sure do not want to back there.

A great community for memory care

I have eaten here and I think the soup is fantastic as it is made from scratch. They offer daily activities and the hairdresser is really sweet. Mom says the caregivers treat her like a queen. They take good care of her they will bring her food to her room when needed. They encourage her to be active. They have a nice bathtub with a lift. This community is worth every penny and I would recommend this community for residents with memory issues.