Westlake Woods - Erie, PA has yet not published prices.

• Fine dining service for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Medication Reminders
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!

Wouldn’t recommend

Pros:
-Nice location
-Lunch outings for residents
-Well decorated
-Private rooms

Cons:
-WLW accepts residents beyond the “assisted living” level of care while employing uncertified care staff.
-Staff ususally only receives 3 days of on the job training prior to being given their own assignment.
-Routinely short staffed and as a result the resident care suffers.
-Third shift works with just a single aide and nurse rather frequently.
-Very high turnover rate-higher than most other facilities.

Not impressed

My loved one had been staying at this community, even after her care needs had advanced beyond what they could provide. Now that we've seen what a real memory care facility can provide we know that they were not equipped to deal with her needs, even though they said they were. This place was very clean, and we had some good experience with the staff, but the care was not what we were looking for. There also were not very many activities.

My mother has lived here for over 2 y...

My mother has lived here for over 2 years. My brother and I are both out of state, so we cannot handle issues on a daily basis and need to feel comfortable with the care she gets. Westlake Woods has definitely met (and exceeded) my expectations! The staff is very caring and go above and beyond ...as an example, during the holidays one staffer came in on her day off to decorate the doors of the residents who had not done so themselves. In addition to taking good care of Mom, they have helped make my life easier by purchasing supplies for her between my visits and arranging for routine healthcare services, including transportation and escorts. We had a less-than-satisfactory experience with another facility in Erie prior to finding WW...what a difference a good facility makes for both the resident and the family!

As the first and only Pennsylvania licensed Assisted Living Community in the Erie area, we are ideally located in a quiet, suburban Millcreek neighborhood close to where you've always called home. This exceptional location affords easy access to shopping, restaurants, and physicians' offices. Our residential design and compassionate care has been carefully planned to meet the preferences of seniors.