Lantern of Saybrook - Ashtabula, OH

Lantern of Saybrook - Ashtabula, OH has yet not published prices.

I think it is a great place, the only real complaint I have is that in the past two weeks since my husband has been there is that there are more and more patients coming in and they need to get a few more aids to help out. Those there are doing a great job, but they are spread a little thin as more people come to live there.

LOOK SOME PLACE ELSE!!!

I AGREE WITH THE OTHER REVIEW; JUST ONE BIG MARKING [Removed]. NOTHING BUT NICE PICTURES THEY SHOW YOU ON THEIR FACEBOOK AND OTHER WEB SITES, THE CARE IS TERRIBLE!! MOST OF THE WORKERS ARE LAZY, PEOPLE ARE ESCAPING AND [Removed], THE FOOD IS TERRIBLE, MOST OF THE WORKERS ARE VERY UNSURE OF THEMSELFS AND ARE NOT TRAINED TO ADDRESS BEHAVIORAL PROBLEMS. MOST OF THE CARE WORKERS ARE NOT STNA, (STATE TESTED NURSES AID) ALOT OF THEM DO NOT WEAR GLOVES OR WASH THEIR HANDS. YOU HAVE TO SUPPLY YOUR OWN WASH TOWELS AND TOILET PAPER FOR YOUR LOVE ONE AT THIS PLACE, FURTHER MORE; THEY ARE LOCKED IN A DARK ROOM WITH NO WINDOWS TO LOOK OUTSIDE, MY FATHER WAS BOARDED TO DEATH IN THIS PLACE. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE FOR OUR FAMILY; WE HAD MY FATHER MOVED OUT OF THIS PLACE HE IS MUCH HAPPY!! LOOK SOME PLACE ELSE!!!

Care for dad

We are very happy with the care at this community. The staff is very nice and we like knowing the community is clean and maintained. The have a nice variety of meals that are healthy. We like the activities that are offered. We would recommend the care of this community to other families.

Look Somewhere Else!!

Place is Under Staffed & This is not a Nusing Home!
Based on the level of care required is Just Marking BS.

Brand new place!

The Lantern of Saybrook is a very nice facility, it's always clean and well maintained because it is brand new. The staff seems to be very accommodating and welcoming towards my loved one. She is still adjusting since her move in.

Needs some improvement...

The Lantern of Saybrook has been a good fit for my loved one, but the place needs more staff. Right now, the nurse's aides don't only take care of the residents, they do housekeeping, activities, and serve meals in the dining room. I know they try their best and they are the sweetest girls, but they need help. My biggest concern is the fact that the dining room also known as the common area, is so dark. They don't really have windows or any natural lighting which can be very depressing. The meals served are good, and if the residents are still hungry they could ask for more.

Care for a loved one.

I like the care that is given here. The staff is outstanding and caring. It is very clean and taken care of. They offer him a great variety of food that he is really enjoying. They do offer him alot of activities that he is not participating yet. The care and value are worth all that is offered here. We recommend this community for others needing good care.