Granville Assisted Living - La Vista, NE

beautiful, clean, but lacking in many areas

Beautiful facility, but they are not equipped to deal with serious demenia issues. Not enough qualified nursing staff available- only one nurse in charge of all the residents. New management seem much less compassionate in regard to the many problems involving senior residents. High turnover rate of employees and new seemingly cold hearted executive director.

Dark Bedrooms!

When i took a tour of the community i was able to see the apartments available. The layout of the bedrooms weren't really what i was looking for. The living room had no natural light and the only window available was near the bedroom. The place was clean and had a lot to offer but it didn't work out for my loved one.

Toured, seemed like a nice place

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Granville Assisted Living seemed like a nice place, overall. However, they did not have availability for the type of rooms my loved one was interested in when we toured. They're worth a look, if you're looking in the area!

Feels like home

Small community but large on service, caring and individualized attention. Family atmosphere with nice patio and garden spaces. Engaging activities. Church services, beauty salon, rooms on one level and easily accessible to the dining area. Caring staff. For example, when my mom wanted to have lunch with her siblings one weekend in December and another activity had been planned utilizing the dining space for the residents special accommodations were made for her in her apartment. A nice meal was prepared, along with my mom's favorite dessert using my mom's recipe. Beautiful linens and dishes were used to create an atmosphere like my mom prepared this herself. This is an example of the kinds of things the director Colette strives to provide for her residents. Collette's leadership is contagious. She leads by example for her staff and consistently and frequently questions the residents and their family to ensure their overall total satisfaction. Each staff member goes out of their way to understand what is important to each resident. Special attention is made to encourage residents to be as independent as possible. Family members are made to feel welcome and encouraged to participate in activities and with their loved one's care. Costs for this level of care were more reasonable and fair at Granville compared to other facilities in our market.

Mom is very happy here and has adjusted well. She has made friends easily which has made the transition smoother than we dreamed it would be. The staff are all very friendly and helpful.

Mom has only been here for a week but so far is delighted as are we with the care and service . The caregivers are very friendly and caring. There seems to always be activities
for her to get involved with. It's a small community so she can navigate her surroundings well. Our family is very pleased we choose Granville.

"A Great Choice for my Father."

Granville is a very warm and open facility. It is clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly and helpful and my dad has adjusted beautifully, in part because of that very thing. I would recommend it to anyone that needs a home for their parents that is less overwhelming than larger places we had toured. (40 units). My brother and I are very happy with our choice of Granville Villa. Of course, we wish our father could be at home, but since that is not possible, Granville is a great 2nd choice.

We loved this place. All th...

We loved this place. All the staff were so friendly and helpful. The director, Colette was a real warm, caring woman. My mom fell in love with her immediately. This is a smaller , intimate assisted living place. Talked to several residents who had only good things to say about all aspects of their home. We all agreed that this was a good place for our Mom.

Average Community

(Value Not Rated) Granville is a one level community. The prices are comparable to other communities in the area. Behind the community there is a place that they park semi trailers. Overall they are an average community that really has nothing that separates it from the other communities in the area.

I truly enjoyed the facility and the ...

I truly enjoyed the facility and the staff.

Granville Villa is a residential non-institutional assisted living community for seniors who either cannot or do not want to live wholly independently. The staff at Granville Villa is available to assist residents with day-to-day non-medical activities such as meals, laundry, bathing, dressing, housekeeping or transportation.

Located in La Vista, Nebraska, a progressive suburb of Omaha, Granville Villa has 40 apartment-like units with a total capacity for 52 residents. Built in 2000 on 2.1 acres in this growing town of nearly 13,000, this up-to-date senior community was first occupied in 2001.

Individual residential suites at Granville Villa are all located around the perimeter on the ground floor of the rectangular building. In the building’s central core, residents have access to a central living room, a library, a dining room, a kitchen, a gift shop, a pharmacy, a private dining area, a beauty shop, and an exercise room. Upstairs, a mezzanine level provides two guest rooms for families and friends of residents, two offices and a conference room.

Incorporated in 1960, La Vista is the youngest town in Nebraska. Its name is Spanish for “the view,” referring to the scenic Big Papio Creek Basin visible from town. Just minutes from Omaha, Offutt Air Force Base, Eppley Airfield and the junction of I-80 and I-29, La Vista is a family-oriented town with 10 parks and a 60-acre sports complex with baseball, softball, football and soccer fields. In 1996, Money Magazine listed the local school district among the top 100 areas where families can afford to live.

Senior care at Granville Villa is graduated according to the level of assistance with day-to-day living each resident wants or needs.