West Shores - Hot Springs, AR

Mom really likes the community. She has yet to make a decision.

Very happy

My family is extremely pleased with West Shores. The staff is great and the residents are happy and well cared for. The facility is beautiful and we especially like the outdoor areas.

I like living here

The desk staff is quick to respond to your questions and they are nice. I enjoy some of the daily activities. The food is good and they are fast on service. The community is clean and well taken care of. I could not have asked for better and I would recommend this community.

My parents outstanding care

I like the care her for my mom. The staff is kind and very helpful for my mom's needs. My father is happy here. The community is clean and good positive environment. The menu is really good meals. They offer nice activities and therapy. This is a community that we highly recommend to other families for great care and a good value for loved ones.

Friendly Staff

We had a very good tour of this community. The community looked great, everything was very nice and clean. All the staff was kind and very courteous. There are nice resources available for the residents.

I would recommend this community!!

The community is currently going under some remodeling. They are painting and replacing the carpet. They do try and keep the community clean. They have daily activities. My brother likes to participate in some of the music activities. They staff are great, however they do not always give him the messages I leave.

My Mother Is In Good Hands Here

My mother seems to be doing fairly well here at this community. So far everything is going well, and I'am pleased with her move here. They have a great staff, they are very friendly and helpful. There are many nice activities available for residents. The food looks nice, they do serve well balanced meals. I know she is safe and being cared for very well here. It is a lovely community and I would recommend it.

Mom Has Not Moved In Yet

We picked this community because our tour went good. We got to see a clean and maintained facility. The staff are welcoming and friendly. We did not get a chance to try the food but we understand it is good. There are activities available and when Mom moves in, I'm sure she will participate. Everything went perfect and I would recommend this community.

A very special place.

West Shores is a perfect fit for my Mother's needs in Indepent Senior Living. The building and grounds are well cared for, the residents and staff are friendly. There are endless activity opportunities and the food is excellent. I would definitely recommend touring West Shores if you're looking for a solution to senior living.

Very Satisfied

We are very satisfied with this community. The facility is clean and well-kept. The staff has been helpful and kind to my father. They communicate everything with me so the commutation between me and staff is great. I have gone to eat with him a few times and the food is great. The sales manger really with out her way for us. During the process she made some promises and since my father moved in she has followed through on everything. Great community and I would recommend it.

Wonderful Experience

It has just been an absolutely wonderful experience working with the West Shores facility. The place allows pets, which has been a huge life-saver for us because my loved one refused to leave hers behind.

This was the most efficient use of space. Moreover, the move from independent to dependent living is minor. Staff was outstanding. A couple of the residents were already familiar with my mother. Food was wonderful. I so much liked the way that employees are not allowed into a tenant's quarters without a P.O. system being in place. As far as I could tell, it is well-run.

room for improvement

The biggest problem at West Shores is that the staff members do not communicate among themselves. There is a lot of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing, so one minute you think things are going one way, then it turns out not to be the case.

The director is very nice, but can have a tendency to put her own personal problems ahead of her job.

It is a nice clean facility and there are many good things about it, but a few things to improve as well.

West Shores is Number One in my Book

After doing a lot of research (on line and in person), the place we chose for my 88-year-old mother was West Shores. She is in an independent living apartment, which is perfect for her -- bright and cheery with lots of storage space.I cannot say enough nice things about the staff. They are WONDERFUL!! Everyone is so friendly and helpful, and they truly care about their residents. There is a full-service dining room, and the several meals I've had there have been VERY good. There are so many activities for the residents to choose from, and the weekly entertainment provided by outside groups is very enjoyable. There's a great library, a beauty shop, exercise classes, weekly housekeeping, local trips on their "EZ Rider" bus, and too many others to mention. It is ALWAYS clean and decorated beautifully. I would highly recommend West Shores for anyone who is looking for a new home for a loved one. I'm so glad we chose them and we don't have to be constantly worried about my mother any more. West Shores is a true blessing for us.

Had an answer for everything

What really won us over was the friendliness of the staff. When we toured the community they were really friendly and they answered every question we had, and our loved one had a very long list of them. One of the questions they were able to answer was what would happen if electricity went out; they had an immediate answer and great plan. Overall we are very pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone.

See the natural beauty that flows through West Shores, a 17-acre community that combines serenity and security by offering desired services and amenities in every studio, one- and two-bedroom apartment home. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating with services such as massage therapy, meal delivery and Bible studies. Amenities include emergency call buttons to provide peace of mind. West Shores provides Independent Living and Assisted Living in Hot Springs, Arkansas, in a park-like setting with walking paths and views of Lake Hamilton. We offer a relaxed atmosphere of warmth and caring that promotes companionship among residents and staff. Our residents can enjoy a number of social and recreational programs on site and have access to scheduled courtesy transportation for trips to historic downtown Hot Springs with its thermal baths, National Park Community College for senior classes and three nearby malls. Primary Care Medical Clinic has a facility in our community with friendly and knowledgeable staff members, while Mercy Hospital is just 6 miles away for additional medical attention and National Park Medical Center is also nearby.